ECT If David Calls Him 'Lord'

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, it is fulfilled in Christ. Guess where it is mentioned? HEBREWS. The land that believers were seeking was not Israel, nor was it a return to Persia. It is an unshakeable kingdom that is slightly above right now, but will be 'down' here one day, on the NHNE! Praise the Lord!

Meanwhile, as you see, Nehemiah and Daniel 9 say the land and worship system fade into history. But Messiah's work/mission thrives.

And you may have noticed in Dan 2 that the kingdom that comes and supplants all others is not Judaic; it is not made from human hands. it is a great mountain that fills all the world. Sounds like another kind of Jerusalem to me--if you know the topography of Jerusalem. (The new Ben-Hur did some neat visuals about that).

:chuckle:

Interplanner

I don't have to resolve anything. I have to believe God, and leave the details to him.
It's quite a concept, isn't it?

that's odd because you are here on a verbal media where things are either explained or not. You don't, and that's the question for you. why do you believe 'land forever' when the NHNE changes everything and there are not even a temple or natural light because Christ is the light?

So, one of your doctrines is not to explain yourself. So why are you here?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It has been stated and in a post it has been said that all things promised to Israel have been fulfilled.
It has also been posted and in that post it has been said that Acts 13 is verboten for TOL and that Acts 13 has been banned from TOL.

I find no convincing evidence for either premise.

TweetyBird

Zechariah and Malachi wrote after Nehemiah.
So did Luke.
So did Peter.
So did Paul......

Zechariah - 700 BCE
Malachai lived the same time as Nehemiah and his reference to the land at that time as being occupied by Israel.
Nehemiah - 400 BCE

Luke did not mention anything about land promises.
Peter did not mention anything about land promises.
Paul did not mention anything about land promises.

TweetyBird

He is King, but He hasn't taken His promised throne of David.....yet.

The NT clearly shows that Jesus is the Throne of David. Those of Israel who believed in Him, knew it and worshiped Him as that King.

Acts 2
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The NT clearly shows that Jesus is the Throne of David. Those of Israel who believed in Him, knew it and worshiped Him as that King.

Does not.

Those of Israel who believed, believed that He was the promised Messiah and that He was the one who would rule from David's throne....Jerusalem.
They worshipped Him as Messiah, Lord and King.

Nowhere in the Scriptures does it say that Christ is now sitting or ruling from David's throne.

TweetyBird

Does not.

Those of Israel who believed, believed that He was the promised Messiah and that He was the one who would rule from David's throne....Jerusalem.
They worshipped Him as Messiah, Lord and King.

Nowhere in the Scriptures does it say that Christ is now sitting or ruling from David's throne.

If Jesus is King now, then He is ruling from David's throne. Acts 2 shows that Jesus fulfilled every part of the promise to David. Rev also states that Jesus is the Root and Offspring of David. He is that King.

andyc

Well tweety may hate Pentys, but he's suddenly realizing what mad is about.
An evangelical Bro after all.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Acts 2
29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 he seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Where in these verses does it say that Christ is now seated and ruling from David's throne?

Please highlight it for me/us.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel is still in Israel.

....and a believing remnant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel are promised the inheritance of the land forever with their Messiah ruling from David's throne.

GOD said, "I will not lie to David, nor alter the thing that has gone forth from my mouth."