Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not an either/or, Jerry.
high5.gif~c200

God's Truth

Within 5 minutes of each other.

Jesus says when he is crucified then it is for all.

He came first for those who already belonged to God. They were God's and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

The rest of the Jews were hardened so that they could not be saved WHILE Jesus was on the earth. They were bound over to where the Gentiles were.

However, they too can be saved if they do not persist in unbelief.

Jerry Shugart

They had to hear the message that saves and it is the message that says to repent of your sins.

Hearing and believing about the need to repent from sin is not the same thing as actually repenting. The jailer was saved when he believed and nothing else which he did contributed in anyway to his salvation.

God's Truth

Hearing and believing about the need to repent from sin is not the same thing as actually repenting. The jailer was saved when he believed and nothing else which he did contributed in anyway to his salvation.

The jailer heard the message about no longer sinning. He had to agree to that message or he could not have been saved. We see how he was water baptized after hearing the message...water baptism signifies repenting of your sins and proving your repentance by what you do.

God's Truth

Luke 19:10 KJV
(10) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Did you read that?

They were lost because they didn't have a righteous shepherd to shepherd them.

Do you not know the lost sheep are those who already belonged to God?

They were SHEEP.

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They were SHEEP.
All of Israel were GOD's sheep.
If GOD is their shepherd, how did they get lost?

Matthew 15:24 KJV
(24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Did you read that?

God's Truth

All of Israel were GOD's sheep.
If GOD is their shepherd, how did they get lost?

Matthew 15:24 KJV
(24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Did you read that?

NO, NOT all of Israel were sheep!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YES, GOD is the shepherd of Israel.

Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth.

Did you read that?
What do you not get about GOD being the shepherd of Israel?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you kidding?

You say all of Israel were sheep!
Scripture says it.

Ezekiel 34:6 KJV
(6) My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

Did you read that?
How do you ever get that GOD is not the shepherd of Israel?

God's Truth

Some were goats and some were heifers!

They are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the LORD’s instruction.

Stubborn like a heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

What can make a heifer a lamb?

Do you know?

What does God say?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ezekiel 34:11-12 KJV
(11) For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
(12) As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Who is telling you that GOD is not the shepherd of Israel?
You're a mess!

God's Truth

Scripture says it.

Ezekiel 34:6 KJV
(6) My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

Did you read that?
How do you ever get that GOD is not the shepherd of Israel?

You are going against the scriptures.

GOD was rebuking the shepherds of Israel, the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

Don't you know you are putting down God for sending Jesus?

You are putting ME down for saying what I said. I said God sent the Shepherd.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some were goats and some were heifers!

Ezekiel 34:17 KJV
(17) And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Someone other than GOD is saying that GOD is not Israel's shepherd.
GT being one of those 'someone'.

Right Divider

Body part
Ezek 34:30-31 (KJV)
(34:30) Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God [am] with them, and [that] they, [even] the house of Israel, [are] my people, saith the Lord GOD. (34:31) And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, [are] men, [and] I [am] your God, saith the Lord GOD.