If Abel had a gun

dialm

BANNED
Banned
As a back woodsman I feel that we have a right to defend ourselves. Just because we believe in God Almighty does not mean we have it made here in this world. Christians must be vigilant along with righteous.

rougueone

As a back woodsman I feel that we have a right to defend ourselves. Just because we believe in God Almighty does not mean we have it made here in this world. Christians must be vigilant along with righteous.

And Cain had an UZI. How different things would of played out.

rougueone

It's a tough but certainly an instinctive call Dialm. In a split second I or you, may have to protect you wife, small daughter, or frail father.Or an person we do not know. I will have a small second to use the aggression needed to protect those who could not protect themselves. . Or I get killed in the process. Neither scenario is a desired one. But such is life Brother. Less a miracle from Jesus, the scene carries out. And I do not feel any condemnation from Jesus, because it is this life.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
It's a tough but certainly an instinctive call Dialm. In a split second I or you, may have to protect you wife, small daughter, or frail father.Or an person we do not know. I will have a small second to use the aggression needed to protect those who could not protect themselves. . Or I get killed in the process. Neither scenario is a desired one. But such is life Brother. Less a miracle from Jesus, the scene carries out. And I do not feel any condemnation from Jesus, because it is this life.

Not sure what/where the condemnation from Jesus is coming from. Would you show me?

genuineoriginal

Would he have used anything?
No.
Why or why not?
We do not know the reason Abel did not use any weapon against his brother Cain, but we can figure out that Abel would not have used any weapon based on the words in the Bible.

We know Abel tended flocks of sheep.

We know that David also tended flocks of sheep and had to protect the flocks from lions and bears with a weapon.

From this, we can assume that Abel would also have needed to protect the flocks with a weapon.

We know that Abel sacrificed sheep unto the LORD.

Sacrificing animals requires you to have weapons that can be used to kill the animal and butcher it.

When Cain rose up to kill Abel, whatever weapons Abel had to protect the flocks and to kill and butcher the animals were not used against Cain.

This leads to the assumption that righteous Abel would not have used a gun against Cain, even if he had one.

exminister

No.

We do not know the reason Abel did not use any weapon against his brother Cain, but we can figure out that Abel would not have used any weapon based on the words in the Bible.

We know Abel tended flocks of sheep.

We know that David also tended flocks of sheep and had to protect the flocks from lions and bears with a weapon.

From this, we can assume that Abel would also have needed to protect the flocks with a weapon.

We know that Abel sacrificed sheep unto the LORD.

Sacrificing animals requires you to have weapons that can be used to kill the animal and butcher it.

When Cain rose up to kill Abel, whatever weapons Abel had to protect the flocks and to kill and butcher the animals were not used against Cain.

This leads to the assumption that righteous Abel would not have used a gun against Cain, even if he had one.

Interesting perspective.
Are you a pacifist?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Abel didn't need a gun. If he had hated his brother in his heart then he would have been guilty of murder.

Another classic uninformed response.

Abel had a great need to defend himself against his evil brother. That is not murder. That is smart.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
shouldn't we try to figure out
what is
before we spend a lot of time on
what if

You and Truster should compare uninformed notes.

Here let me explain

Cain was a liberal polotico/religious type. Abel was a conservative/mind your own business type.

Are there any liberals out there today that are in lust for my guns?

Truster

Another classic uninformed response.

Abel had a great need to defend himself against his evil brother. That is not murder. That is smart.

You ask an idiotic and irrelevantly impossible question and then accuse me of being uninformed. My answer is based on scripture, but then again you would not recognise it or deem it important.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You ask an idiotic and irrelevantly impossible question and then accuse me of being uninformed. My answer is based on scripture, but then again you would not recognise it or deem it important.

Made the suggestion to chrysostom that you two should compare notes. But after your last I think that chrysostom should nominate you for the next Pope. You have all the qualifications. Not only are you uninformed but like the Pope you are not a Christian.