I wonder if Kayla preached to the monsters (ISIS) w/ effect?

republicanchick

yeh, I wonder if she at least got them to thinking about... the condition of their beyond-miserable "souls"

I do pray the jihadists will repent and go to Jesus. He WILL forgive them. Yes, they will have to live w/ what they have done, but hey, thye have to do that anyway.

Many people stay away from the Lord b/c they think they are too bad.

Well, they are right, usually, but what Jesus did for us on the Cross was powerful enough to overcome ANY sin and its ill effects

+++

Morpheus

Kayla probably supported them, rather than preached to them.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the nation of Israel has an oppressive, inhumane government, but you must be capable of thought. You probably would have been part of the crowd that attacked Jesus for hanging with Gentiles, prostitutes and tax collectors. Loving your enemy is out of the question, right?

jsjohnnt

Kayla probably supported them, rather than preached to them.
What a load of crap, and I am talking "chunky style barnyard." At least she put her life on the line for a right cause. She was no convert to Islam and you know it, so your commit is intentional deception, while you sit around and pretend you are doing something important on this forum. Geeeeesh.

Morpheus

They let her go because of its effect, right? Another stain of TOL.... :down:

Anyone who has actually spent their life sacrificing for others comes to realize that there is time between the planting and the harvest. It is common for 15-20 years to pass, then the hard case calls or drops by to tell you how what you did changed them, even though you know it wasn't you that did it, but the Spirit you let work through you. There are others who never contact you, and the only way you might ever find out is when someone else tracks you down and reports it to you. But to learn this you would have to do a couple of things. You'd have to learn to love the unlovable, and then learn to be obedient enough to put their needs ahead of your own enough to reach into their lives with love and sacrifice. I'm not surprised that you don't know this.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You'd have to learn to love the unlovable, and then learn to be obedient enough to put their needs ahead of your own enough to reach into their lives with love and sacrifice. I'm not surprised that you don't know this.

So they let her go because of being effective, right?

Morpheus

So they let her go because of being effective, right?

We can always hope that in another 15-20 years you might come around.

Her life was not wasted, but so far it appears that yours is. There is little doubt as to her residence now. You should be more than a little uneasy about your final outcome.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the nation of Israel has an oppressive, inhumane government,

Geniuses don't tend to figure that out. Geniuses understand that when people blow up buses and restaurants full of civilians in your country, you need to keep them out of your country. It must take a lot for you to figure that out because you are not a genius...

but you must be capable of thought.

No sorry. I don't do thought. I don't try to think what motives a terrorist has when he comes into my country and blows up people on tube trains. I don't try to think how I can help him. I don't think that if I go to his country I will understand him better and I don't think that if I sympathise with him, he will like me and respect me or stop being a terrorist. All I do is strengthen my resolve and take such measures as are sufficient to convince that terrorist that it is not worth trying to commit terrorism again. No, sorry chum, I don't have an unhealthy interest in terrorists. This Kayla had an unhealthy interest in terrorists. She took it as an assumption that terrorists do what they do because they are forced to by oppressive western societies. She came to this conclusion because she was capable of thought. I don't do that.

You probably would have been part of the crowd that attacked Jesus for hanging with Gentiles, prostitutes and tax collectors. Loving your enemy is out of the question, right?

It depends on what you mean by love. Clearly you don't know what that is.
You are incapable of distinguishing between love and sympathy.

Morpheus

Geniuses don't tend to figure that out. Geniuses understand that when people blow up buses and restaurants full of civilians in your country, you need to keep them out of your country. It must take a lot for you to figure that out because you are not a genius...
Actually I am, but that's neither here nor there. Maybe that's why I don't simply react out of fear, but ruminate on the bigger picture. But as I said it doesn't take a genius, just someone capable of reason.

No sorry. I don't do thought.
Obviously.

I don't try to think what motives a terrorist has when he comes into my country and blows up people on tube trains. I don't try to think how I can help him. I don't think that if I go to his country I will understand him better and I don't think that if I sympathise with him, he will like me and respect me or stop being a terrorist. All I do is strengthen my resolve and take such measures as are sufficient to convince that terrorist that it is not worth trying to commit terrorism again. No, sorry chum, I don't have an unhealthy interest in terrorists. This Kayla had an unhealthy interest in terrorists. She took it as an assumption that terrorists do what they do because they are forced to by oppressive western societies. She came to this conclusion because she was capable of thought. I don't do that.

It depends on what you mean by love. Clearly you don't know what that is.
You are incapable of distinguishing between love and sympathy.
You do realize that she didn't go to ISIS to witness to them; she travelled to India, Israel and Turkey to help refugees, and was captured in Turkey. It was only after she was captured that she used her captivity as an opportunity to witness to her captors, much like Paul did to the Roman guards. And Christ had compassion on those who sent Him to the cross.

That said, you might want to rethink the declaration of Christian in your profile if you have no idea what Christianity entails. If you think you're born into it, or if you think it is simply some sort of lifesaver you are sadly mistaken. It is a lifetime calling that has to be accepted. When you read the Word you must think about what it says and incorporate it into your life. But then again, you said that you don't think.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I don't think Kayla was Christian, nevertheless she had the idea that God is good, God is Love. She got that from living in a Christianised society.

To say "I see God in your eyes" to a muslim just means something completely different to what it means in the west.

I hope at least that much rubbed off on someone....She was certainly someone Americans can be proud of.

Morpheus

So the effect on muslims was they let her go? Why can't you say yes or no?

The fact she wasn't released is irrelevant. But you wouldn't understand that. Jesus wasn't released. Stephen was executed. Paul wasn't released. Peter and 10 of the original 11 that remained after Judas were executed, and only John lived to see old age. The Bible is full of martyrs, and history tells of thousands upon thousands more who fell at the hand of Rome and others. Yet their stories were not of how they fell fighting their oppressors. But we have a rich history of individuals who were reached through their witnesses during their captivity. And even though they knew the dangers beforehand they continued travelling to the ends of the earth spreading the gospel, reaching out to those who rejected them and might hold their life in their hands, including the Jews. It was because they were obedient unto death that the gospel was spread. Nowhere in the new testament will you find instruction to slay your enemy. We are told quite the opposite. So why do you continue in your disobedience, trash-talking those with the courage to obey the Spirit. Blasphemy is not taken lightly.

Morpheus

Originally Posted by Morpheus
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the nation of Israel has an oppressive, inhumane government,

Loving your enemy is out of the question, right?
You mean like this?
An Israeli hospital is not the nation of Israel, is it? You already know the difference, but let it be noted that you edited out the parts of my post where I elaborated about how a very large percentage of Israelis disagree with the actions of their government, and many even desire a two-state solution. I can make a similar case that the U.S. is imperialist, and that many in leadership have been guilty of war crimes over the past couple of decades. That wouldn't indict all Americans. Unlike some here I don't extend the atrocities perpetrated by some to an entire race or group. I said the "nation of Israel", not "Israelis" or "Jews".

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
An Israeli hospital is not the nation of Israel, is it? You already know the difference, but let it be noted that you edited out the parts of my post where I elaborated about how a very large percentage of Israelis disagree with the actions of their government, and many even desire a two-state solution. I can make a similar case that the U.S. is imperialist, and that many in leadership have been guilty of war crimes over the past couple of decades. That wouldn't indict all Americans. Unlike some here I don't extend the atrocities perpetrated by some to an entire race or group. I said the "nation of Israel", not "Israelis" or "Jews".

You can run but you can't hide. Since you are into noting things, let it be noted that you yourself read the article and how it stated that how the injured Syrians were allowed into the country was a bit of a mystery. And you are trying to convince yourself that the government of Israel had nothing to do with it. You're funny. Your despicable prejudices have been uncovered by the facts.