I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidK

I won't be voting for either Clinton or Trump. I have yet to decide if I will vote for a third party candidate or abstain from voting for President for the first time.

Abortion kills more people every year than heart disease or cancer, the next two leading causes of death. This is the holocaust of our time. I cannot vote for a woman who advocates for not only the status quo, but expansion to include the right to free abortions.

Even if I could believe Trump is pro-life, I cannot vote for a man who is so clearly an opportunist and huckster. A man who revels in debauchery, violence, and pride. Thankfully, he has saved me any hesitation since he has declared he'd happily nominate his pro-abortion sister to the supreme court and is a faithful defender of Planned Parenthood.

As a follower of Jesus Christ, I don't buy the "lesser of two evils" argument. Our Lord never advocated expediency and practicality. He consistently held up pursuing righteousness when it seems to fly right in the face of earthly wisdom and trusting our heavenly Father to take care of the results.

I won't be voting for either Clinton or Trump. I have yet to decide if I will vote for a third party candidate or abstain from voting for President for the first time.

Abortion kills more people every year than heart disease or cancer, the next two leading causes of death. This is the holocaust of our time. I cannot vote for a woman who advocates for not only the status quo, but expansion to include the right to free abortions.

Even if I could believe Trump is pro-life, I cannot vote for a man who is so clearly an opportunist and huckster. A man who revels in debauchery, violence, and pride. Thankfully, he has saved me any hesitation since he has declared he'd happily nominate his pro-abortion sister to the supreme court and is a faithful defender of Planned Parenthood.

As a follower of Jesus Christ, I don't buy the "lesser of two evils" argument. Our Lord never advocated expediency and practicality. He consistently held up pursuing righteousness when it seems to fly right in the face of earthly wisdom and trusting our heavenly Father to take care of the results.

That makes Angel4Truth, you and yours truly who are leaning towards Daffy. Looks like we have some momentum on our side!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

nice post

-I can't see voting third party, why encourage them
-I can see writing someone's name in
-I think I will just write in jeb

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

The GOP had their chance to effect change and they didn't do it, and they're not going to do it. They're just going to lead you on with a platform they have no intention of bringing about. I've gone the abstention route and this time I'm choosing the one who I think will be a better president, because one of them will be. Guaranteed.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The GOP had their chance to effect change and they didn't do it, and they're not going to do it. They're just going to lead you on with a platform they have no intention of bringing about. I've gone the abstention route and this time I'm choosing the one who I think will be a better president, because one of them will be. Guaranteed.

a vote for the baby killer

DavidK

I think you may be making an assumption about me. The GOP has been using the unfortunately all-too-willing church for quite a long time without giving much in return. Trump is by no means something new. He's just the most obvious of the false saviors we've been hoping will "make America great again" for some time now. I have never been a GOP supporter.

Trump is a gift to us (meaning the church of Jesus) from God. Like Israel, we keep asking for a king, and like He did with them, He is providing increasingly more terrible kings in the hope that we will wake up and remember that we have a King who died for us and is now sitting enthroned.

A church that looks anything like our Savior would not want to be co-opted by any earthly political group because we would be wild and untamable like Him and all the prophets who went before Him.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Nothing's going to change on that score. Nothing. Make your difference in your personal sphere of influence, volunteer and donate to worthy causes, but don't expect the GOP to work to do away with abortion, it ain't gonna happen.

keep telling yourself that crap - maybe it'll help you to sleep better at night

DavidK

Nothing's going to change on that score. Nothing. Make your difference in your personal sphere of influence, volunteer and donate to worthy causes, but don't expect the GOP to work to do away with abortion, it ain't gonna happen.

"Do away with", no, but abortions are down in part because of work to make them more difficult to get. Since Roe v. Wade is not going anywhere in the near future, pro-life groups have changed tactics and succeeded to some extent through regulating, rather than outlawing abortion. This has been a lament of pro-abortion groups.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I think you may be making an assumption about me. The GOP has been using the unfortunately all-too-willing church for quite a long time without giving much in return. Trump is by no means something new. He's just the most obvious of the false saviors we've been hoping will "make America great again" for some time now. I have never been a GOP supporter.

ITrump is a gift to us (meaning the church of Jesus) from God. Like Israel, we keep asking for a king, and like He did with them, He is providing increasingly more terrible kings in the hope that we will wake up and remember that we have a King who died for us and is now sitting enthroned.

A church that looks anything like our Savior would not want to be co-opted by any earthly political group because we would be wild and untamable like Him and the all the prophets who went before Him.

I wasn't aware I'd made an assumption about you, it certainly wasn't intentional. My point was that the GOP won't be living up to their plank when it comes to abortion, they want to say it to get votes, but don't want to actually act on it, because they'd lose votes. You make a good point about Trump's comment about his sister, he did say she'd make a "phenomenal" Supreme Court judge.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"Do away with", no, but abortions are down in part because of work to make them more difficult to get. Since Roe v. Wade is not going anywhere in the near future, pro-life groups have changed tactics and succeeded to some extent through regulating, rather than outlawing abortion. This has been a lament of pro-abortion groups.

I don't have any info on that, but suspect that numbers may be down because of other factors, since abortions are still readily available. While regulations have been made, they also been overturned, but it does highlight the fact that at the state or county level you have more options than you do at the federal level, which means the presidential race won't have an effect. This comes back to what I said earlier, work within your personal sphere of influence, more will come from that than from who you vote for (or not) for president.

jeffblue101

At least the people who are voting for the Clinton's know ahead of time, they're crooked. At least there won't be any surprises in store. Prepare for numerous scandals.

the scary part about this current election is that the same can be said of both candidates. There is not a doubt in my mind that if trump is elected his entire tenure as president will be filled with scandals and political gaffes

jeffblue101

honestly with the new immoral supreme court ruling against abortion regulations, the pro-life strategy of incrementalism is essentially dead.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I don't have any info on that, but suspect that numbers may be down because of other factors, since abortions are still readily available. While regulations have been made, they also been overturned, but it does highlight the fact that at the state or county level you have more options than you do at the federal level, which means the presidential race won't have an effect. This comes back to what I said earlier, work within your personal sphere of influence, more will come from that than from who you vote for (or not) for president.

DavidK, I thought you might find this interesting, in light of my comment about working in your sphere of influence:

Perhaps more importantly, six of the 10 most recent Gallup polls (between May 2009 and May 2014) that examine the question have demonstrated that a majority of respondents self-identify as pro-life. That increase may be both cause and effect of parental decisions to respond to unexpected pregnancies by carrying the child to term. James Taranto of The Wall Street Journal has described this as the “Roe Effect”—the shift in the belief characteristics of a population where birth rates, while declining overall, show strong divergence between parents indisposed to abortion and parents for whom it is an acceptable response.
http://cnsnews.com/commentary/chuck-donovan/why-abortion-rate-declining-0

THall

Of course people will vote for Clinton.

She is a murderer (Vince Foster) (pro abortion)

People that vote for her are evil.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't be so naïve David, surgical abortions are down because our promiscuous society prefers pills over scalpels.

58555.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.