I Support Capital Punishment

drbrumley

Which one are you Jabez and Freak?

Biblical arguments against execution consist primarily of six arguments:

First, Jesus said:

"You have heard that it was said, `An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you... whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also." Mat. 5:38-39

Second, Jesus forgave the woman "caught in adultery, in the very act." To those arguing that she should be put to death, Jesus said:

"He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." John 8:7

Third, Jesus taught believers to forgive:

"But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Mat. 6:15

Fourth, the New Testament teaches Christians not to judge:

"Judge not, that you be not judged." Mat. 7:1

Fifth, Paul taught believers to:

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse... Repay no one evil for evil... do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I Will repay," says the Lord." Rom. 12:14, 17, 19

Sixth, the Ten Commandments teach "Thou shalt not kill" (Ex. 20:13).

From Enyart.com

Last edited:

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
drbrumley said:
Ok, so there is something that has molded your opinion. And something has molded mine. What is it Jabez that molds your opinion? I dont advocate killing just to kill. Thats wrong and God condemns such. But WHERE if you can point it out to me where God indeed says let murderers receive life in prison?

I dont know.

drbrumley

Jabez said:
I dont know.

Jabez, you are one I call a friend here on this board.

But, if you don't know, then how can you defend your position strongly as you should if you don't know? I ask this well intentioned.

drbrumley

Jabez said:
Iam not sure i understand?Do you want me to pick one of the six youve listed?Does it have to be one?

I listed 6 arguments typically raised by those who oppose the death penalty. All Im asking is which one you use. If you would use them at all.

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
drbrumley said:
Jabez, you are one I call a friend here on this board.

But, if you don't know, then how can you defend your position strongly as you should if you don't know? I ask this well intentioned.

I would ask you this.Are you doing your Will or Gods?

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
drbrumley said:
I listed 6 arguments typically raised by those who oppose the death penalty. All Im asking is which one you use. If you would use them at all.
Those all are good scriptures, wouldnt you agree?What it boils down to. to me is the heart.Can i in good coincense say iam in Gods perfect Will.

drbrumley

Jabez said:
Those all are good scriptures, wouldnt you agree?What it boils down to. to me is the heart.Can i in good coincense say iam in Gods perfect Will.

Only you can answer that question. But it doesn't take rocket sceince to figure out how to follow directions.

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
drbrumley said:
Only you can answer that question. But it doesn't take rocket sceince to figure out how to follow directions.
If directions were easy, no one would get lost..;) I hear ya brother!

drbrumley

Jabez said:
If directions were easy, no one would get lost..;) I hear ya brother!
:patrol: Actually, it willingness to follow directions, not that they are hard to follow. :angel:

drbrumley

Inmates may receive mail every day except holidays and weekends. They may have cigarettes, snacks, radios and black and white televisions in their cells. They do not have cable television or air-conditioning and they are not allowed to be with each other in a common room

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
And the question about the apostle Paul, are you seriously bringing up that argument again? What has Turbo and several others on this board said time and time again?
Good times, good times.

Can you repeat it back to us? I am just wondering if you have any grasp of what has been posted before, even if you disagree with it.
I remember asking him to do just that in the chatroom. He absolutely would not. Because if he acknowledged the point, he might actually have to address it. :shocked:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
How do you know when you are winning an argument against Freak?

When he consistently avoids responding to your posts!

:banana:
Looks like we have something in common.