I have an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovejoy

I wish I knew what to believe about that stuff! I tend to believe that non-christians are at the greatest risk for attack (since Christ cannot claim them for His own), but that Christians face the greatest tests. Do kooky possesion stories match up with that?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lovejoy said:
But demon free fur! That's what is important..

I mock, but I don't mean it. He takes Spiritual warfare far more seriously than I do (I believe Satan always has to go through Christ to get permission to test us), but that does not mean he is comical. Just a little paranoid. :noid:

I think C.S. Lewis' "Screwtape Letters" reminded us that if Satan cannot get us to deny his existence, then he gets us to be preoccupied with him thinking demons are larger than life. We should be Christocentric as well as aware of our spiritual warfare.

I think I will start a thread on whether Christians can be demon possessed:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=726983#post726983

SOTK

Lovejoy said:
I wish I knew what to believe about that stuff! I tend to believe that non-christians are at the greatest risk for attack (since Christ cannot claim them for His own), but that Christians face the greatest tests. Do kooky possesion stories match up with that?

I agree with that. I don't know enough about possession to speak with any authority at all about it, however, I do completely believe in the spiritual battle which is going on all around us. Have you read Piercing the Darkness or This Present Darkness? Although fictionalized, I didn't think it was too far fetched.

I work with Juvenile Delinquents and I have come across some youth who I definitely felt were under the influence of evil. Did I think they were possessed? I don't know. I distincly felt the presence of evil though.

Lovejoy

SOTK said:
I agree with that. I don't know enough about possession to speak with any authority at all about it, however, I do completely believe in the spiritual battle which is going on all around us. Have you read Piercing the Darkness or This Present Darkness? Although fictionalized, I didn't think it was too far fetched.

I work with Juvenile Delinquents and I have come across some youth who I definitely felt were under the influence of evil. Did I think they were possessed? I don't know. I distincly felt the presence of evil though.
I bet. There is a kid on the Ped's floor who tried to poison his foster parents with small doses of rat poison over a very long period of time. He creeped me out before I was even aware of that.

SOTK

Wow! I have grown to completely trust these feelings. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I take note!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lucky-
I mean something that is like a Royal Rumble.

temple-
You're a crybaby.

As for Freak, he was definitely demonically obsessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.