I have an Idea for a new Christian Branch.

James Shepard

I believe God created the universe imperfect on purpose. That we are supposed to build is kingdom here as best we can and build/fix the universe in the image he wants. Us striving to making the universe perfect will bring us closer to him as we will be using His language to guide us (science and math). We do this out of our love and respect to Him. Math and Science are his true word and the Bible is how we use the word to strive towards the above goal. And my idea is that no religion is more right than the other, and all are welcome to worship and discuss their interpretation of the blueprint. Not only that but He does not directly intervene. But unlike deists, I don't believe he does nothing but observe. I believe he gives us hints to better interpret and apply His blueprint.

The main tenets are:
1. That Math and Science are the true word of God
2. The Bible is to be used to teach us how to use His word and not take everything in it verbatim as it is written by many who tend to contradict each other.
3. God purposely made the universe imperfect so we can fix and build His Kingdom here as best we can to get closer with Him.
4. Jesus and His death is what gave us light of what we should be like to build/ fix the universe and only though Him can we achieve perfection.
5. We can never achieve the perfection we strive to, yet we still do so out of love and respect to the Lord knowing that only through Him we can achieve the perfection we strive towards.
6. No religion is more right than the other and we can interact with each other as long as it helps aid in the blueprint the Lord left to us.
7. God does not get directly involved but instead gives us hints to what we need to do.

Now I will be happy to discuss this with anyone as I believe in what I have just stated :)

Last edited:

Huckleberry

I believe God created the universe imperfect on purpose. That we are supposed to build is kingdom here as best we can and build/fix the universe in the image he wants. Us striving to making the universe perfect will bring us closer to him as we will be using His language to guide us (science). And my idea is that no religion is more right than the other, and all are welcome to worship and discuss their interpretation of the blueprint. Not only that but He does not directly intervene. But unlike deists, I don't believe he does nothing but observe. I believe he gives us hints to better interpret and apply His blueprint.

Now I will be happy to discuss this with anyone as I believe in what I have just stated :)
What if the bible pointedly disagrees with some of that?

James Shepard

You cannot take the word of the Bible verbatim. I personally use it as a collection of lessons and moral stories that help you become a better person and thus in turn be working for the building of His kingdom :)

James Shepard

And as a scientist, I do not believe science is wrong. Too me science is the direct word of God and not second-hand like the Bible. The only error in science is when we misinterpret it or do not know how to use it. Us coming to understand and it and learning to interpret it is what would be us striving toward perfection.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You cannot take the word of the Bible verbatim. I personally use it as a collection of lessons and moral stories that help you become a better person and thus in turn be working for the building of His kingdom :)

Is the resurrection of Jesus Christ one of those moral stories?

OCTOBER23

kingdom here as best we can

-don't have a Cow man:cow:
========================

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE ?

OH YES, THE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOCTRINE:dog::dog::dog:(dog-triune )

SAYS THAT IT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH .:king:.
================================

GIMMEE A BREAKKKKKKKKK !!!

Huckleberry

Okay, so, if you're trying to set up a "new branch of Christianity", while discounting portions of scripture, then can I at least expect you have some personal revelation from God to lay claim to? A burning bush, maybe? Surely something of that sort.

James Shepard

Of course not :) that is actually recorded and happened by the Romans. It is difficult to explain but I will give an example to try and help you understand what I mean.
The story of Adam and Eve did not happen (at least not as the Bibe describes it). The story of Adam and Eve in Genesis is...a metaphor or a symbol for how we as humans got detached from God.

Huckleberry

And as a scientist, I do not believe science is wrong. Too me science is the direct word of God and not second-hand like the Bible. The only error in science is when we misinterpret it or do not know how to use it. Us coming to understand and it and learning to interpret it is what would be us striving toward perfection.
Science is always wrong. That's the whole point. Until we solve the universe nothing we now "know" can be considered sacrosanct. Rather, we expect everything we "know" to one day be proven false and a more perfect truth revealed.

Science is a method of seeking the truth. It is not the truth.

James Shepard

And I never said discounting, I said some of them are not true or are impossible to be true. I believe in what the Bible teaches me, I just believe there are more symbols and allegories than we are led to believe.

Huckleberry

Of course not :) that is actually recorded and happened by the Romans. It is difficult to explain but I will give an example to try and help you understand what I mean.
The story of Adam and Eve did not happen (at least not as the Bibe describes it). The story of Adam and Eve in Genesis is...a metaphor or a symbol for how we as humans got detached from God.
Great. So we can't rely on scripture at all. Hence my asking for your personal revelation from God so your religion has something to give it validity. Absent that, your religion is meaningless.

James Shepard

And a very good point you have there Huckleberry. That is why we strive to make it the truth, or find out it is false and start again.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The Bible is verbatim the Word of God, not just a collection of stories.

John 17:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

James Shepard

No you miss the point and are jumping to conclusions. Think about it, I mean realy think about it, is the story of Adam and Eve even possible and then if it is, there is no way we could get past their lineage and as a species would die off quickly

Huckleberry

And a very good point you have there Huckleberry. That is why we strive to make it the truth, or find out it is false and start again.
No.

1) A good scientist never accepts that he knows "the truth" about anything.
2) The bible is the word of God.

You're accepting the thing that is, by its nature, false, and denying the thing that is, by its nature, true.

Your religion is false.

James Shepard

Very good point Raven, but the Bible was written by us Humans, who do, undoubtedly, make mistakes as we are not perfect. And with that passage, I believe that it means His teachings, not exactly the Bible itself but it does help as they have the documented teachings.

James Shepard

Not necessarily though Huckeberry. For all we know, it is true and not fallible. But On our goal to building His kingdom, we would discover it to be false, if it was and adjust accordingly, thus giving us a better understanding of the blueprint He laid out for us.

Huckleberry

Think about it, I mean realy think about it, is the story of Adam and Eve even possible and then if it is, there is no way we could get past their lineage and as a species would die off quickly
It is true. And the reason Adam and Eve were able to populate the earth is because they were fresh creations, genetically perfect. If you take a look at the bible you're so busy shoving away from you, you'll see God forbidding incest a long, long time later. That is because, by then, humans had become genetically corrupt.

Guess what? Science has reached the point where it can explain why incest was allowed in the beginning and later disallowed. :up: