Hypothetical Invasion

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Lucky said:
Suppose the hypothetical country of Justiceria went to war with the U.S. simply to put an end to the American Holocaust of unborn babies. Would you support Justiceria's invasion?
Do I get to actually help with the battle plan?

Can I be in charge of torturing certain specific civilians?

Freak

Cadence said:
Why don't you prove your loyalty by violently opposing the evil institutions then?
I have protested the abortion clinics despite threats of the pro-death camps.

Do you lack the convictions you profess, or just the courage to see them through?
See above.

Cadeath,

Do you support your government's support of baby killing?

Cadence

Freak said:
I have protested the abortion clinics despite threats of the pro-death camps.
See above.
Ok. I'm still not seeing it, and I looked twice. I'm seeing you contuing to verbally oppose this, or at least type-ally oppose it. What I don't see you doing is picking up a gun or a knife or a sledgehammer or a home-made explosive or a pogostick and actually heading out there to do something about it. I see you sitting here, wallowing in your own self-righteous rhetoric and chastising others for thinking, and saying what would be nice if it was done. If you agree that strongly, go do it.

Cadeath,

Do you support your government's support of baby killing?
"I will support and defend the constitution of the United States of America, and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me."

JoyfulRook

Cadence said:
"I will support and defend the constitution of the United States of America, and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me."
Hmmm. Isn't that what people at Nuremburg were executed for?

Cadence

It's what most people who hold to a moral or ethical or religious or legal code get executed for. Following their chosen one.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Publically, I doubt it. But their site praises Sanger.
Here
Yes, it seems they do and they certainly wouldn't be vocal about those goals, but I'm not convinced they still hold to it. There doesn't seem to be any evidence they actually target any certain people.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Lucky said:
What Justiceria was trying to do was depose an American-supported murderous, torturous system and free a population of unborn to make the U.S. a more righteous nation. I hope you have some SCUBA gear, because it holds more water than you want to believe. :)

No, it's not remotely similar.

First of all, the US has a Representative Republic with free elections, laws and a court system.

If you want a law changed you can vote for legislators who are likely to legislate the way you see favorable.

Iraq had no such system.

In the US, Leadership is multi tiered and there are term limits set for Congressional and Presidential seats.

Iraq had no such system.

What the US led coalition did was to depose a tyrannical dictator, free an entire population and give them the opportunity to develope the same system we have.

Now, if an American President decided he was going to forgo the electoral process, refuse to step down from power, randomly rape, torture and kill American citizens in the same way Hussein did then Justiceria moved in and deposed that rogue President and re-established our Representative government and finally left when we have reached the point of stability you would have a decent analogy.

But that isn't the case and your analogy isn't remotely similar.

By the way, under the conditions I just mentioned, I would support Justiceria just as the Iraqi's support the Coalition intervention.

Currently, abortion is legal under US law. If you don't like that law, then the proper thing to do would be to become as active as you can afford to be, Lobby for new laws, vote for new legislators who are likeminded and don't give up until you have accomplished your goal.

And I would commend you highly for your resolve and dedication in such an endeavor. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lucky said:
Have you decided yet?
Well... since there is way too much we still don't know about Justiceria I haven't really decided yet.

I wouldn't want to support some OTHER wacky secular government that may eventually take away my families freedoms or something.

Our country does some wicked things no doubt. However, jumping out of the frying pan isn't always the safest jump to take.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Well... since there is way too much we still don't know about Justiceria I haven't really decided yet.
Can you make a general list of requirements Justiceria would have to meet for you to support their invasion? For example,

"I would only support Justiceria if...
1. It is a monarchy.
2. It is known 'round the world for the best fish tacos.
...and so on and so forth."

Cadence

Lucky said:
Can you make a general list of requirements Justiceria would have to meet for you to support their invasion? For example,

"I would only support Justiceria if...
1. It is a monarchy.
2. It is known 'round the world for the best fish tacos.
...and so on and so forth."

The leader of such a nation must be an impressive individual indeed! All hail the Fish-Bringer of Justiceria!