ECT Hows pop eschatology strains Scripture

Interplanner

While teaching on Amos 3:4, the teacher decided he needed to make prophecy really real. So he said that 3:4 was actually about the number of tanks that tried to pour into Israel in 1973. That's what "sledges with iron teeth" are. Then he said that 1973 was the largest assembly of tanks ever in the history of man.

The spectacularity of this is not what the prophets are about. We must study the 2500 uses of the OT by the NT and then decide what is important. It is as though the Bible is hurting for things to be 'true' about.

2nd, I don't have any information that underwrites the 'largest assembly' bit. Btw, the point was "God" kept them from invading Israel. Bulge was the largest tank battle, so far as I know, and I don't see any reason to put God on one side of Zionism or Islam, due to Eph 2-3, so it's quite a bit of nonsense, really. But that's what passes as Bible teaching these days.

Danoh

While teaching on Amos 3:4, the teacher decided he needed to make prophecy really real. So he said that 3:4 was actually about the number of tanks that tried to pour into Israel in 1973. That's what "sledges with iron teeth" are. Then he said that 1973 was the largest assembly of tanks ever in the history of man.

The spectacularity of this is not what the prophets are about. We must study the 2500 uses of the OT by the NT and then decide what is important. It is as though the Bible is hurting for things to be 'true' about.

2nd, I don't have any information that underwrites the 'largest assembly' bit. Btw, the point was "God" kept them from invading Israel. Bulge was the largest tank battle, so far as I know, and I don't see any reason to put God on one side of Zionism or Islam, due to Eph 2-3, so it's quite a bit of nonsense, really. But that's what passes as Bible teaching these days.

Not to mention the foolishness that Isaiah mentions airplanes and Nehemiah; automobiles.

And of course, that Revelation is talking about New York City.

"New York City? - git a rope..." :chuckle: