How far would an evolutionist go to deny creation?

Gary K

Banned
Evolutionists will go to quite some extent to deny evidence that God created the world. The following quote and link shows how far Edwin Hubble went to deny that evidence.
Edwin Hubble and The Lie That Keeps on Lying
Edwin Hubble was an American astronomer. He changed our understanding of the universe by postulating the existence of other galaxies besides the Milky Way. He discovered the degree of redshift observed in light coming from a galaxy increased in proportion to the distance of that galaxy from the Milky Way. This became known as Hubble’s law, and established that the known universe is expanding. This however came at a cost and one that will surely come back to haunt not only him, but the entire science of astronomy.
The following are some quotes by Edwin that you may find interesting. All emphasis is mine.
“Such a condition would imply that we occupy a unique position in the universe, analogous, in a sense, to the ancient conception of a central earth. The hypothesis cannot be disproved but it is unwelcome and would be accepted only as a last resort in order to save the phenomena. Therefore, we disregard this possibility and consider the alternative, namely, a distribution which thins out with distance.”
“A thinning out would be readily explained in either of two ways. The first is space absorption. If the nebulae were seen through a tenuous haze, they would fade away faster than could be accounted for by distance and red-shifts alone, and the distribution, even if it were uniform, would appear to thin out. The second explanation is a super-system of nebulae, isolated in a larger world, with our own nebula somewhere near the centre. In this case the real distribution would thin out after all the proper corrections had been applied. Both explanations seem plausible, but neither is permitted by the observations. The apparent departures from uniformity in the World Picture are fully compensated by the minimum possible corrections for redshifts on any interpretation. No margin is left for a thinning out. The true distribution must either be uniform or increase outward, leaving the observer in a unique position. But the unwelcome supposition of a favoured location must be avoided at all costs….Such a favoured position, of course, is intolerable … Therefore, in order to restore homogeneity, and to escape the horror of a unique position, the departures from uniformity, which are introduced by the recession factors, must be compensated by the second term representing effects of spatial curvature. There seems to be no other escape.
If you aren’t quite sure if you read that correctly, you most certainly did. You see the proofs are starting to come out that astronomy was set up in a way to mask itself from being seen for what it truly is… a religion. Think for a second… Neil Degrasse Tyson has a phd in something he has NEVER seen and for a place he has NEVER been. Can you imagine a doctor who had never seen a human or been inside of a hospital? Would you take your medical advice from him? I sure wouldn’t! The one thing it appears that Hubble did understand was math. Here is a quote where he says quite simply what math is capable of.
“Mathematicians deal with possible worlds, with an infinite number of logically consistent systems. Observers explore the one particular world we inhabit. Between the two stands the theorist. He studies possible worlds but only those which are compatible with the information furnished by observers. In other words, theory attempts to segregate the minimum number of possible worlds which must include the actual world we inhabit. Then the observer, with new factual information, attempts to reduce the list further. And so it goes, observation and theory advancing together toward the common goal of science, knowledge of the structure and observation of the universe.”

https://jeranism.com/edwin-hubble-and-the-lie-that-keeps-on-lying/

What must be avoided at all costs? Evidence that God created and spoke the world into existence. Here is clear proof of what evolutionists deny: that scientists will go to great lengths to deny evidence of creation and God.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's quite possible that the universe needed to be as large as it is to provide an environment that could support life. The gravitational constant — whatever it is — is dependent on mass and its proximity. It might be the case that people can only flourish if it is high enough and the only way it can be high enough without having a lot more mass a lot closer is for the universe to be kinda like it is.

Gary K

Banned
It's quite possible that the universe needed to be as large as it is to provide an environment that could support life. The gravitational constant — whatever it is — is dependent on mass and its proximity. It might be the case that people can only flourish if it is high enough and the only way it can be high enough without having a lot more mass a lot closer is for the universe to be kinda like it is.

You're going to have to explain that a little more for me to understand your point. What I don't understand is what your point is in relation to the lengths Hubble went to deny reality because if he accepted what he actually observed it meant he had to acknowledge the "horror" of God's creative power and he wasn't about to do that.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're going to have to explain that a little more for me to understand your point. What I don't understand is what your point is in relation to the lengths Hubble went to deny reality because if he accepted what he actually observed it meant he had to acknowledge the "horror" of God's creative power and he wasn't about to do that.
It was a little aside. One of those things that indicate design.

Gary K

Banned
It was a little aside. One of those things that indicate design.

OK. I just couldn't see any relationship between it and Hubble's detestation of anything to do with God. I'm still not sure of your point because I don't really have a reference point to associate it with.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK. I just couldn't see any relationship between it and Hubble's detestation of anything to do with God. I'm still not sure of your point because I don't really have a reference point to associate it with.
Hubble was talking about the distribution of mass in the universe. That distribution defines the gravity environment we live in.

Gary K

Banned
Hubble was talking about the distribution of mass in the universe. That distribution defines the gravity environment we live in.

OK. Thanks. I knew what he meant. I just couldn't figure out what you were speaking to. I was thinking about Hubble's anti-God stance and your comment just seemed to come out of left field. I get it now though.