Homosexuality will destroy this and any country and needs to be recriminalized

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Laws come from God not man (1 Ti 1:8-10, Ac 5:29).

I see that you're still very confused over laws that were only relative to the Jewish theocracy (many of which are currently used by Muslims) and moral absolutes.

Certain foods and clothing were prohibited for the Jews (Jesus rescinded these restrictions in the New Covenant), in fact, even a woman who was in her menstrual cycle had special restrictions that she had to follow.

Leviticus 15:19-33

I hope that you're beginning to understand the differences between relative laws and moral absolutes.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see that you're still stuck on stupid (Mal 4:4-6, Mt 24:14).

Your lackluster insults are as lame as your knowledge of Christianity. I can see that you're getting frustrated, I'll leave you be before you go Norman Bates on me.

5214cb134e371cfa39000009_1385914158328.gif

kiwimacahau

The law is of no effect for Christians. Oh and have you repented of calling me a non-trinitarian yet?

Romans 7: Don't you realize, brothers and sisters, that laws have power over people only as long as they are alive? (I'm speaking to people who are familiar with Moses' Teachings.)

2 For example, a married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he is alive. But if her husband dies, that marriage law is no longer in effect for her.

3 So if she marries another man while her husband is still alive, she will be called an adulterer. But if her husband dies, she is free from this law, so she is not committing adultery if she marries another man.

4 In the same way, brothers and sisters, you have died to the laws in Moses' Teachings through Christ's body. You belong to someone else, the one who was brought back to life. As a result, we can do what God wants.

5 While we were living under the influence of our corrupt nature, sinful passions were at work throughout our bodies. Stirred up by Moses' laws, our sinful passions did things that result in death.

6 But now we have died to those laws that bound us. God has broken their effect on us so that we are serving in a new spiritual way, not in an old way dictated by written words.

7 What should we say, then? Are Moses' laws sinful? That's unthinkable! In fact, I wouldn't have recognized sin if those laws hadn't shown it to me. For example, I wouldn't have known that some desires are sinful if Moses' Teachings hadn't said, "Never have wrong desires."

8 But sin took the opportunity provided by this commandment and made me have all kinds of wrong desires. Clearly, without laws sin is dead.

9 At one time I was alive without any laws. But when this commandment came, sin became alive

Further:

1 Corinthians 9:20 I became Jewish for Jewish people. I became subject to Moses' Teachings for those who are subject to those laws. I did this to win them even though I'm not subject to Moses' Teachings.

again: Galatians 3:11 No one receives God's approval by obeying the law's standards since, "The person who has God's approval will live by faith."

12 Laws have nothing to do with faith, but, "Whoever obeys laws will live because of the laws he obeys."

13 Christ paid the price to free us from the curse that God's laws bring by becoming cursed instead of us. Scripture says, "Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed."

17 This is what I mean: The laws [given to Moses] 430 years after God had already put his promise [to Abraham] into effect didn't cancel the promise [to Abraham].

18 If we have to gain the inheritance by following those laws, then it no longer comes to us because of the promise. However, God freely gave the inheritance to Abraham through a promise.

19 What, then, is the purpose of the laws given to Moses? They were added to identify what wrongdoing is. Moses' laws did this until the descendant to whom the promise was given came. It was put into effect through angels, using a mediator.

21 Does this mean, then, that the laws given to Moses contradict God's promises? That's unthinkable! If those laws could give us life, then certainly we would receive God's approval because we obeyed them.

23 We were kept under control by Moses' laws until this faith came. We were under their control until this faith which was about to come would be revealed.

24 Before Christ came, Moses' laws served as our guardian. Christ came so that we could receive God's approval by faith.

Galatians 5:18 If your spiritual nature is your guide, you are not subject to Moses' laws.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And still we gentiles are not under Jewish law.

That's something that I've been trying to impress upon serpentdove for quite sometime now.

That being said: Wouldn't you agree that all of mankind is under God's universal moral code (Thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not commit adultery, etc.) and that righteous laws should reflect that moral code?

MrDante

I see that you're still very confused over laws that were only relative to the Jewish theocracy (many of which are currently used by Muslims) and moral absolutes.

Certain foods and clothing were prohibited for the Jews (Jesus rescinded these restrictions in the New Covenant), in fact, even a woman who was in her menstrual cycle had special restrictions that she had to follow.

Leviticus 15:19-33

I hope that you're beginning to understand the differences between relative laws and moral absolutes.

Convenience

dodge

I seem to have trouble telling fundie bigotry apart, you all look the same to me. :idunno:

Nah, it has nothing to do with bigotry and has everything to do with TRUTH and lies, right and wrong,natural and unnatural,light and darkness ,and where one will spend eternity as in heaven an hell.

dodge

No. The Jewish cultural laws of which this is one never applied to gentiles. We are not bound by them.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

When Paul described homosexual abomination in Romans 1 that was not Jewish cultural law Paul was reiterating.