Homeschoolers

ShadowMaid

Here's a tread for just homeschoolers. Here we can tell each other our favorite subjects, or just anything about our homeschooling.:cool:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Homeschoolers

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Here's a tread for just homeschoolers. Here we can tell each other our favorite subjects, or just anything about our homeschooling.:cool:
Thanks for posting this but we already have a forum for homeschooling. One I am particularly fond of. :D Feel free to post your comments in there. :thumb:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Well, there are plenty of homeschoolers here at TOL, but don't expect non-homeschoolers to post here.

I would be interested in know how many homeschoolers we actually have here. Why don't you start a poll?

ShadowMaid

Re: Re: Homeschoolers

Re: Re: Homeschoolers

Originally posted by Poly
Thanks for posting this but we already have a forum for homeschooling. One I am particularly fond of. :D Feel free to post your comments in there. :thumb:
Where, where? Tell me.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BillyBob
Well, there are plenty of homeschoolers here at TOL, but don't expect non-homeschoolers to post here.

I would be interested in know how many homeschoolers we actually have here. Why don't you start a poll?
Good idea. I'm going to go ahead and move this to the Homeschool resource center under the "For Teachers" forum.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Billy;

Billy;
I meant, 'Dont expect non-homeschoolers NOT to post here.'

Hey, that's a double negative, sorta like 'public schools'.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meant, 'Dont expect non-homeschoolers NOT to post here.'

Hey, that's a double negative, sorta like 'public schools'.
:chuckle:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks Poly, my mistake.
No problem. I'm just glad for your interest.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did anyone ever start the poll? I had a lot to do today and by the time I was done, it started storming here. I hope it doesn't storm tomorrow. If no one else starts the poll, I will. :)

ShadowMaid

My favorite subject is History.
I use the School of Tomorrow curriculum. I have been tutored by a home school mom for (going on) five years. My worst subject is English (I don't hate it, I'm just not very good at it). And I always get done about two hours before the public schoolers.:p

Christine

Hi, Shadowmaid! I'm a home-schooled girl, too.:) I'm a junior, using a variety of curricula including Abeka for English and history, Saxon for math, and Dr. Wile for science. I also use Critical Thinking for history. History is also my favorite subject. Math is the subject that I have the most difficulties with. I also take some foreign languages.:bannana:

ShadowMaid

Which languages?
I am trying to take Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, and I will have no choice but to take Greek in highschool, it'll be fun anyways.

Christine

Which languages?
I am trying to take Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, and I will have no choice but to take Greek in highschool, it'll be fun anyways.
You're taking Hebrew? Cool. I'm taking Latin, Greek, and Hebrew. Greek isn't that bad. Hebrew is probably my favorite. I'm almost done learning the extensive alphabet. What do you curriculum do you use for languages?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shadowmaid, what grade are you in? I think it's cool that we have homeschoolers on here that post. I have 2 in high school. I might have to see if they'd be interested in getting on here.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I've been wondering about that, Miss Poly. I never see your kids posting here....

If they do, I'll tell Sozo to clean up his act a bit! :angel:

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been wondering about that, Miss Poly. I never see your kids posting here....

If they do, I'll tell Sozo to clean up his act a bit! :angel:
Yeah, this would be smart. :D

ShadowMaid

I'm in 8th grade.

I am not actually taking a language right now. Just trying to get everything organized to take a language.

Oh and added to the list is Russian. My step mom is teaching me. :thumb:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ShadowMaid,

You're thirteen. Right? Would you be interested in being an e-mail pal with my daughter? She's thirteen and in the eighth grade also.

Christine

Just Wondering

Just Wondering

I'm in 8th grade.

I am not actually taking a language right now. Just trying to get everything organized to take a language.

Oh and added to the list is Russian. My step mom is teaching me. :thumb:
Shadowmaid, what curriculum are you going to be using for Hebrew? I'm asking because my family does not know what to use next. The book we are currently using only does the alphabet. We are using Zola's Introduction to the Hebrew by John Parsons, forward by Zola Levitt.:jessilu: