Homeschoolers

Christine

I'm not done for the day either. Would you believe it if I told you I have trouble staying caught up, but Elaine has no problem staying caught up and is currently ahead in some things.

ShadowMaid

I use School of Tomorrow, and there are 12 books in all for the year. About 36 pg. each. But the Pace I'm working on now in math is 60 pg.!!! I am now behind in math because it's nearly 30 pg. longer then any of my other books.

School of Tomorrow is almost like a home schooling curriculum for dummies. It seems extremely slow in teaching things.

Last year I switched to Abeka for English because my grades where ranging from 30 and 50. I learned things in Abeka 6th grade (I also went back a grade for Abeka) that my sissy hasn't even learned in 9th grade!!!

I'm going to switch my curriculum next year. I think I have the potential to learn more then I'm being taught.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Christine
I'm also trying to get a home business started. :0

Wow!! What's it going to be? Dad wants me to help start an internet business. But in order to do that, I have to know a more complex things about the computer, and I'm just not interested in that sort of thing. What I know now is enough.

Christine

By the way, I've heard that Abeka is about a grade ahead of other curriculums so that may be why your sister hadn't learned those things yet.

Christine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Wow!! What's it going to be? Dad wants me to help start an internet business. But in order to do that, I have to know a more complex things about the computer, and I'm just not interested in that sort of thing. What I know now is enough.
Really? Mine is an internet business. I'm selling books over the internet. I started a few weeks ago. Right now, I'm trying to sell in three different yahoo groups and on one homeschooling website. I sell children's book, classics, biographies, Christian books, that sort of thing.

ShadowMaid

Oh? What curriculum would you like to use? What are you looking for in a curriculum?

I'm still looking for a curriculum. I haven't found one yet. I'm not even to sure what I'm really looking for. Just something a little beyond my level.

ShadowMaid

By the way, I've heard that Abeka is about a grade ahead of other curriculums so that may be why your sister hadn't learned those things yet.

Maybe so. I really enjoyed Abeka, it was enjoyable. Where as what I'm doing now is stressing. Really stressing.

Christine

I'm still looking for a curriculum. I haven't found one yet. I'm not even to sure what I'm really looking for. Just something a little beyond my level.
We use Abeka for English (but we don't use the grammar workbooks unless we need to), Saxon for math, and Dr. Wile's Exploring Creation series for science. I would say Dr. Wile is definately advanced. He says if you take his Chemistry 2, Biology 2, or Physics 2 you have learned the equivilant of a basic college course.

Christine

Really? Mine is an internet business. I'm selling books over the internet. I started a few weeks ago. Right now, I'm trying to sell in three different yahoo groups and on one homeschooling website. I sell children's book, classics, biographies, Christian books, that sort of thing. If you want to know where I sell, please PM me.

Christine

Wow!:noway:
Right now I'm doing Physics1 and Elaine is doing Biology1. We will both take one of his advanced courses, but I'm not sure whether I'll take Biology or Chemistry.

Christine

I think he said something like phones or something. Can't remember.

Dad? What did you say it would be?
That's okey if you can't remember, I was just curious.:D

ShadowMaid

Hey Christine, did you start early? I started in third grade (I had never really done schoolwork 'til then, except math). I'm 14 in 8th grade and people comment that I'm a grade behind most girls.:cry:

Christine

Hey Christine, did you start early? I started in third grade (I had never really done schoolwork 'til then, except math). I'm 14 in 8th grade and people comment that I'm a grade behind most girls.:cry:
My parents started homeschooling me when I was 5. I have never attended school. Yes, we started lessons right away, but Dad somewhat regrets it. You see, they believe that my starting to read at age 5 caused me to need glasses a few years later. There was a scientific study done that my parents read the results of that confirmed this. So, as you can see, I see nothing wrong with waiting a few years.:)