Hola!

Samstarrett

Of course you do. You have no redeeming qualities.

Huh? You can't deny that the French are pretty confused. I mean, imagine trying to have diplomatic relations with France over the past 200 years or so. First you'd meet a King. Then a President. Then an Emperor. Then another President. Then another King. Then I think they had another Emperor...ad nauseam.

Royalty's a hobby and casual study of mine, but I still can't remember offhand exactly how many different governmental forms France has had since the accursed events of 1789.

Krsto

Huh? You can't deny that the French are pretty confused. I mean, imagine trying to have diplomatic relations with France over the past 200 years or so. First you'd meet a King. Then a President. Then an Emperor. Then another President. Then another King. Then I think they had another Emperor...ad nauseam.

Royalty's a hobby and casual study of mine, but I still can't remember offhand exactly how many different governmental forms France has had since the accursed events of 1789.

Well I'm not sure why I believe the French are superior except that they sure think they are and I'm 1/8 French so don't confuse me with the facts. :p I would prefer to live in my little bubble of self-satisfaction, thank you very much.

phos.neos

Dear phos.neos,

Welcome, as long as you are not JoeyArnold. He is not a 'capital fellow', though it was admirable of you to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a troll with serious behavioral issues who got a fifty-point ban(compare one or two points typically for intentional blasphemy) and has since created dozens of sockpuppet accounts. He's quieted down recently; I think Knight finally got him under control; but we're all still a little jumpy about new people, especially if they talk strangely or have strange names.

That said, I hope you enjoy your time here. You'll find yourself surrounded by all manner of lunatics: from Monarchists to Communists, from Catholics to Neopagans. And there are even some who think I am on the Left! :rotfl:

Thanks for the background knowledge. I knew I was missing something. That's the great thing about a word like capital: it can be used to express approval, or be referring to the death penalty. I figured I covered my extremes with that one, just in case.

And for the record, I like my name. Now you've made me self-conscious. :comeout:

Samstarrett

Well I'm not sure why I believe the French are superior except that they sure think they are and I'm 1/8 French so don't confuse me with the facts. :p I would prefer to live in my little bubble of self-satisfaction, thank you very much.

Oui, oui, comme vous voulez, certainment!

Samstarrett

Thanks for the background knowledge. I knew I was missing something. That's the great thing about a word like capital: it can be used to express approval, or be referring to the death penalty. I figured I covered my extremes with that one, just in case.

I don't think Joey deserves the :execute: penalty. Just an infiniban.

And for the record, I like my name. Now you've made me self-conscious. :comeout:

Your name isn't actually what I meant by weird name, at least not in the Joey style. His names were things like GenesisGardenQuest and MatterMeter. I am curious, though, if your name means something in particular?

For the record, your writing style doesn't line up with Joey's either; I'll vouch for you that you're not a sock. But when you said he was a capital fellow, that sounded like a compliment to him, something his socks were known to do.

Anyway, my greetings and welcome to you. I gave you a pos rep, but for some reason you still have no rep power.

phos.neos

I don't think Joey deserves the :execute: penalty. Just an infiniban.

Your name isn't actually what I meant by weird name, at least not in the Joey style. His names were things like GenesisGardenQuest and MatterMeter. I am curious, though, if your name means something in particular?

For the record, your writing style doesn't line up with Joey's either; I'll vouch for you that you're not a sock. But when you said he was a capital fellow, that sounded like a compliment to him, something his socks were known to do.

Anyway, my greetings and welcome to you. I gave you a pos rep, but for some reason you still have no rep power.

Infiniban would be like a virtual death penalty, but fair enough.

If I'm not a sock, I can't be a sock puppet.... Lame.

"Phos" and "neos" are two Ancient Greek words meaning "light" and "new", respectively. So in English it would say "new light".

Samstarrett

Infiniban would be like a virtual death penalty, but fair enough.

Nah, just banishment. He's still on Facebook and stuff.

If I'm not a sock, I can't be a sock puppet.... Lame.

You misunderstood. I don't think you're a sock puppet. I'm just explaining why Stripe's second comment was what it was.

"Phos" and "neos" are two Ancient Greek words meaning "light" and "new", respectively. So in English it would say "new light".

I should have thought of that. :doh: