History says Titus Flavious made up Jesus..

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How's that?

You said;

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” -- Buddha

The thoughts and traditions must be conducive not bad.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You said;

Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” -- Buddha

The thoughts and traditions must be conducive not bad.

Nothing is inherently good or bad.

You may use Christianity for hate and bigotry or understanding and compassion. Your choice; your karma.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You may use Christianity for hate and bigotry or understanding and compassion. Your choice; your karma.

You just said that Christianity is both good and bad. Sounds like double talk to me.

OCTOBER23

Joseph the answer is Right there in the Bible.

The MOON WILL TURN BLOOD RED BEFORE THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS
AND THE ELEMENTS WILL BURN WITH A FERVENT HEAT AND THE SUN WILL BE 7 TIMES HOTTER.

Hope you like a permanent SUN BURN.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
When you think on it, Christianity: the Faith, is as much a Belief System as much as any other, including that religion that secular history continues to refer to as "Christianity," as do many Believers of either of those two.

Beliefs are not reality. They are "beliefs" about "reality."

The Believer of the Faith, as to what his response is to be?

Hebrews 11:

1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

That is what Scripture demands.

Matthew 4:

3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

That one "believe it... or not..."

Ironically, given the uncertainty that is belief due to the mind's unavoidable subjectivity...

But men "believe" they need "experts."
The only people I can turn to that will allow me to find out what an original ancient author meant by a biblical passage or verse is historians who use the accepted methodology of history.

I don't get it from fellow believers. It seems that more and more Christians are truly biblically illiterate. Not one in five people can name a letter of Paul and getting some Christians to name the four gospels can be pretty demoralizing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ok. So white police officers shooting unarmed black men and throwing a taser on the ground next to him is in fact, not inherently bad. Got it.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Flavian Signature..........

The Flavian Signature..........

Has anyone read Josephus,wars of the Jews and early christian history and roman history?

it seems the romans,according to history made up Jesus,buried the text about Yeshua of Nazarene... and made it reflect the roman agenda...

if you have knowledge of this please respond.....

the bible does not prove itself...but history facts and logic / reason do hold wight here..

There is some historical support and typology similiarities for a fabrication of some of the gospel accounts and fictionalizing of a 'Christ' figure ordered by the powers that be, in this case The Flavians who may have orchestrated a religious tool for their own benefit, but it apparently took flight and grew into its own creation as it were. This is just one view of course with some scholars recognizing some parellels between the gospels and the works of Josephus, and other Roman branding or inflections imprinted into the Christian mythos.

Joseph Atwill, is a primary advocate for Christianity being more or less a Roman invention inflected into the Jewish landscape and brooding grounds of early Christian literature. I haven't read his book - Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus: The Flavian Signature , but he seems to draw some interesting correlaries there.

Here is a short synopsis video of a much larger documentary presentation -

Ceaser's Messiah - The Flavian Signature

Also, a wonderful dialogue between Acharya S (aka D.M. Murdock) and Joe Atwill on the subject. Acharya is just noting some parallels and possibilities of Joe's hypothesis, and is a leading pioneer in this field of her own note. Caution: These are writers/researchers who do NOT believe in an actual historical Jesus and see Christianity as a created/invented/morphed religious entity...and have their own historical studies and proofs that support their thesis.

A Conversation on the Caesar's Messiah Thesis - Acharya S & Joe Atwill - excerpt

In challenge and response to the OP, this is offered. I myself grew up with a belief in the historical Jesus, but have also been liberal in my studies of views that question such, and explore many different venues and traditions that have their own 'form' or 'version' of Jesus or the 'Christ', so am pretty 'eclectic' when it comes to Christology issues,....since while a devout spiritualist of sorts, I also keep a somewhat open skeptical/agnostic stance on any available information that comes along, always researching and testing it, historically, scientifically and by way of personal religious experience (and this will of course be 'subjective', as far as my own spiritual proclivities and sensitivies are concerned). So, I'm not at all fearful of reviewing the most critical or even vehement charges against the authenticity of Christianity ( or any other religious tradition), because one must be intellectually honest to examine the evidence....or lack thereof.

Anyways,...this should be an interesting discussion :)

In-joy!

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Joseph, are you still agreeing with this theory of the making up of the story of Jesus, or currently exploring another theory?