His Elect !

beloved57

nanja

Also with Election, the natural man can't boast, because according to Scripture,
he doesn't even have the ability to receive Christ.

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Correct, they boast about an ability they did not have anyway, that adds fuel to the fire !

beloved57

The Beloved are the Elect !

The Beloved are the Elect !

1 Thess 1:4

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

The Beloved of the Lord are His Election !

The word beloved is the greek word agapaō, yes the same word found in Jn 3:16

For God so loved/beloved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The ones Paul calls #1 The Beloved and Brethren in 1 Thess 1:4 are the ones Jn 3:16 says God so loved, and so since the beloved brethren are the Election of God in 1 Thess 1:4, so it is with the beloved ones , believing in Jn 3:16, the Election of God !

The ones in Jn 3:16 are the Election of God, evidenced by their believing, for God's Love causes, effects both election and believing !

Lets look back at the context of 1 Thess 1:4-6

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

To the beloved and the Election, the Gospel comes to them not in word only but also in POWER !

The word Power in Vs 5 dynamis is the same word used in Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Thats why they are believing because to them the beloved Rom 1:7

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Gospel comes to them not in word only BUT " but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance"

Also the word assurance actually means to be fully persuaded, the same word is used here Rom 4:21

And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

So the Holy Ghost Fully Persuades with the Gospel those who are the Beloved of the Lord, the Election ! Thats why TO THEM it [The Gospel] is the Power of God, evidenced by their Believing ! Thats Why those in Jn 3:16 are Believing as well !

beloved57

The result of Election !

The result of Election !

Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Those that are given to Christ are the Election, given to Him initially before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4;Heb 2:13

And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

And the word of promise concerning them, they shall come to Christ, or they shall seek for a intimacy with Him, to become a follower, and it denotes that they have been given Live, which contrasts to them Jesus says earlier these words Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Now the difference in the former ones coming to Christ Jn 6:37, they had been given to Christ by the Father [Election]

They were doing what those in Jn 5:40 would not and could not do, and that is to come to Christ in living Faith, with a Spiritual Hunger and thirst having been created in them for Him by the Spirit Jn 6:35

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Now understand something, the coming in Jn 6:37 is a Spiritual Coming seeking an intimate fellowship with Christ, which naturally a man cannot do.

By nature we do not seek God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Now remember the coming in Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Its the greek word hēkō and means to:

A.to come to one, i.e. to seek an intimacy with one, become his follower: to come upon one (unexpectedly)

Yet that is something we by nature do not do according to Rom 3:11, so therefore those given to the Son by the Father are coming Spiritually, having been given a New Nature that now desires and seeks after Intimacy for Christ ! The men in Jn 5:40 would not come to Christ in that matter , and frankly could not unless they had been given a New Nature as well ! This New Nature is given in accordance with Election !

beloved57

The result of Election ! 2

The result of Election ! 2

Again, the men of Jn 5:40 did not come to Christ in their attempts to attain to Eternal Life, for they would have thought themselves already on that path, Jesus had just said to them Jn 5:38-39

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And if ye notice in Vs 38 Jesus indicates that their unbelief is due to a lack of the word of God abiding in them, which i believe speaks of being born of God 1 Jn 2:14

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Whenever one is Born of God, the word is engrafted, rooted in them permanently James 1:18-21

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

And so its always through the Spirits effecting His power in them ; So Jn 6:37 is speaking of those given to the Son by Election, and by regeneration/being born of God come to Christ seeking and to believe on Him and become His disciples indeed !

beloved57

Elect before Faith and unto Faith !

Elect before Faith and unto Faith !

Some in false religion give the lie that the Elect of God dont become so until after they believe, but that is false. There are scriptures that indicate this, titles they[the elect] have before they believe: One such title is God's Sheep or Sheep, or Chosen and these are one and the same ! And they are Sheep before they believe and while they are in a lost state ! This will be shown to be true by a few scriptures; Jn 10:16,26

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Now in Vs 16 they are Sheep that Christ has, but are yet to hear His Voice in the Gospel, they canr become belivers until they hear His voice, because Faith cometh by hearing Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

So faith comes by hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the preaching [of the message that came from the lips] of Christ (the Messiah Himself).AMP

Because they are Sheep they are given hearing ears Prov 20:12

The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.

The hearing of Rom 10:17 is Christ giving Faith or Creating Faith, its the greek word akoé:

hearing, faculty of hearing, ear; report, rumor.

properly, hearing; used of inner (spiritual) hearing that goes with receiving faith from God (Ro 10:17), i.e. spiritual hearing (discerning God's voice; see also Gal 3:2,5, Gk text).

Also in Lk 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Clearly the Sheep was a Sheep/Elect while being in a Lost state or condition ! Even before Repentance

Jesus also said once this Matt 15:24

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Does not this statement indicate that they are Sheep/Elect while Lost ? Yes it does !

Even while Sheep in a Lost state they still belong to Christ their Shepherd, so Christ says of His Lost Sheep, other Sheep I have, and they shall hear His Voice Jn 10:16 ! So they are Elect before Faith !

beloved57

Elect before Faith and unto Faith !2

Elect before Faith and unto Faith !2

Also God's Elect before Faith or believing or their conversion are the Children of God, they only lack the Spirit of Adoption in their hearts which makes their Sonship manifested ! By it they become the Manifested Children of God by Faith ! Jn 11:52

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

In their ungathred state they are unregenerated alientated away from their Shepherd !

That word gather together is the same word for bring in Jn 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Thats because the Children of God, the Sheep and the Elect are all the same People !

The only difference is that the word gather/bring is joined with the prep syn which means accompaniment, or together.

Its talking about the joining together of both the jew and gentile Sheep or Children of God under the Headship of Christ !

With both of them joined together under Christ we have the entire household of Faith Gal 6:10 the whole Family Eph 3:15

Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

Note: Even in unregenerecy, the Elect children of God, are not the children of the devil, though they share a common fallen nature, and when the children of God have the Spirit of Adoption sent into their heart, they are manifested from the children of the devil 1 Jn 3:10

10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

The children of God are manifested by Faith in Christ Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Faith is the evidence we are the redeemed children of God, Gods Elect !

God's Truth

Beloved57,

It is nice that you have a friend, or relative here to support you in your beliefs; however, Jesus died for all, and God does not control all our sins and believings.

All can be saved if they humble themselves and repent of their sins.

beloved57

Beloved57,

It is nice that you have a friend, or relative here to support you in your beliefs; however, Jesus died for all, and God does not control all our sins and believings.

All can be saved if they humble themselves and repent of their sins.

Posts 147-148 did you read them and understand the points I made ?