Hi from Logan

Logan

Hi guys. Just thought I'd say a quick hello after signing up. Look forward to joining in some discussions with y'all.

A couple of questions if someone has the time to answer them (not sure where else to ask them at the moment):

The first post I made was on hold until checked by the mods. The second was up immediately then the third up for checking again. Is there some rule that says I have to have a certain number of posts before anything I do post appears straight away?

And the same applies to me checking someone's recent posts (including my own). Do I need a few under my belt before I can do that?

Thanks...

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi guys. Just thought I'd say a quick hello after signing up. Look forward to joining in some discussions with y'all.

A couple of questions if someone has the time to answer them (not sure where else to ask them at the moment):

The first post I made was on hold until checked by the mods. The second was up immediately then the third up for checking again. Is there some rule that says I have to have a certain number of posts before anything I do post appears straight away?

And the same applies to me checking someone's recent posts (including my own). Do I need a few under my belt before I can do that?

Thanks...
First...Welcome to TOL.

As to your questions. You declared nothing about your religious affiliation, political leanings or anything else. I am not a moderator but were I one I would also be cautious with a "blank slate" new member. Perhaps they are watching to see how you shake out.

After one week and 25 posts you will be automatically elevated to a registered plus status. That is assuming that you have done nothing disruptive which might warrant some other course of events.

So....tell us a bit more about yourself, please.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL Logan

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Thanks...

It's because you are a newbie and you're quoting posts, which produces links to the quoted posts. Post with links in them automatically go into moderation.

Logan

First...Welcome to TOL.

As to your questions. You declared nothing about your religious affiliation, political leanings or anything else. I am not a moderator but were I one I would also be cautious with a "blank slate" new member. Perhaps they are watching to see how you shake out.

After one week and 25 posts you will be automatically elevated to a registered plus status. That is assuming that you have done nothing disruptive which might warrant some other course of events.

So....tell us a bit more about yourself, please.

Fair call.

And thanks to everyone for the welcome.

I'll be filling in a few details that seem to be a requirement in the next few days. Although I'm far from being convinced that pigeon holing oneself is a great way to introduce yourself to everyone. I'd prefer to be known for what I say rather than who I think I am.

But in brief, I am an atheist who was a long time back brought up as a Christian. Don't read too much into that. There'll be more to come I'm sure.

Jamesbrice

BANNED
Banned
welcome dude. I am also newbie on this forum. And I really hope that it will be really nice to stay here all with you. Thanks.

Brother Vinny

Welcome, Logan! (Try not to pop the claws when we shake hands, okay?*)

*If you don't get that, just chalk it up to me being a weirdo.