Hey DX!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I moved this thread to the homeschooling forum. I am now going to delete any "unhelpful" posts in this thread. Dan asked advice from homeschoolers, not for reasons that he should stay in public school.

Nori

PKevman

I moved this thread to the homeschooling forum. I am now going to delete any "unhelpful" posts in this thread. Dan asked advice from homeschoolers, not for reasons that he should stay in public school.

Nori

GOOD JOB NORI! WAY TO GO!

P8ntrDan

I'm being indoctrinated, but the kids who're taken out of schools to be taught the Bible aren't?
Everyone's being indoctrinated to some degree or another, just turn the TV on and bam, you're being indoctrinated too. However, some indoctrination is more wholesome, as it is built upon the truth.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've never liked school much, but I sat down and looked through my priorities, how to make the best use of my time, etc, and figured out that public school is a waste of my time. I took the SAT as a freshman and beat 82% of college bound graduating seniors for the state of Illinois. From what I hear, the GED isn't much either. I would be homeschooled for two years unless I could graduate early, which is quite possible. Seeing as I'm slowed down to the pace of the dumbest person in my class, I could go alot faster. Also, I have almost all of the state's requirements for graduation already, but my school doesn't allow early graduation and they have weird required classes that are just school specific. I also want to have more time, and after talking to several people I know who are homeschooled, they all say that they finish their work several hours faster each day than a regular school day takes. That means more time to get in the word, possibly afew extra work hours, and maybe even a chance to take up guitar.

Sounds like you need to get out of the public school system, Dan. Are your parents willing to pull you out of the system?

P8ntrDan

Put a list of questions you have together and we can all do our best to answer them for you and help you on your journey! :thumb:

Ok, so first off, I'm wondering what exactly I'll need, where I can get a list of state requirements for graduation, how I can get a diploma once I've met those, and where to look for materials to teach on biblical principles such as evangelism and understanding the bible.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, so first off, I'm wondering what exactly I'll need, where I can get a list of state requirements for graduation, how I can get a diploma once I've met those, and where to look for materials to teach on biblical principles such as evangelism and understanding the bible.

This article answers some questions about how to prepare for college as a homeschooler. A lot of colleges are actively recruiting homeschoolers now. Here is a list of colleges that accept homeschoolers. And, here is the Illinois state law regarding homeschooling.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh yeah, I'm not looking for any college prep classes either, since God isn't calling me there.
So, you are looking into Christian colleges? I would google them and contact them via e-mail about their requirements for homeschoolers.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned

P8ntrDan

So, you are looking into Christian colleges? I would google them and contact them via e-mail about their requirements for homeschoolers.
Not really, I'm actually going into ministry almost right away. A year of interning at my church, then a year of interning with a missionary in either Brazil or Tanzania, and then I'm going to start my own ministry. So, I'm looking for pretty much anything that would help me with my life headed in that direction.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not really, I'm actually going into ministry almost right away. A year of interning at my church, then a year of interning with a missionary in either Brazil or Tanzania, and then I'm going to start my own ministry. So, I'm looking for pretty much anything that would help me with my life headed in that direction.

Then, I would ask your pastor if he knows of a good curriculum that will help lead to that. I've used a traditional curriculum until this year.