Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
What is that even supposed to mean?

It means your fellow worshipers of the totalitarian State--the Democrats--are nothing, if not earnestly driven to endeavor to hoax the masses into irrational, self-destroying terror over a joke of a "pandemic", in hope that they might come running and crying for a pathetic (and misguided) feeling of safety into arms of their very predators--the lying Demagogocrats.

Arthur Brain

It means your fellow worshipers of the totalitarian State--the Democrats--are nothing, if not earnestly driven to endeavor to hoax the masses into irrational, self-destroying terror over a joke of a "pandemic", in hope that they might come running and crying for a pathetic (and misguided) feeling of safety into arms of their very predators--the lying Demagogocrats.

Oh, so just a bunch of ignorant (frankly bizarre) and vapid nonsense then.

Got it.

Hey folks, this pandemic doesn't exist, someone tell Trump!

Arthur Brain

You are mean, and hateful. Trump was careful from the beginning and was always hopeful That is what I see. Now go spend all day talking about what a liar Boris is, since you say he is too?

Why, because I don't venerate Trump and have pointed out his absolute hypocrisy and changes about via his own words? It's not difficult. If you want to keep giving the guy a free pass then that's on you but don't cry foul on it. I'm no fan of Boris overall either so I'm sorry if a lack of fawning adulation for the US president translates to being "mean and hateful" for you but that ain't my problem and it's just a silly thing to say on your part.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

I don't know how you can call this pandemic a hoax. You know full well that The Berean lost a cousin to it. Here is the post:

This pandemic has become personal. Tragically, a cousin of mine passed away form COVID-19 last night. My family is completey shocked by his death. He's the first death from this virus in my hometown. I spent the day traveling to my hometown taking supplies to his brother who took him to the hospital. He and his wife have.quarantineed themselves.

Gary K

Banned
Since you've already assumed that my reply to ffree is an "appeal to pity," why should I even bother to explain it to you?

When you can answer that question, I will answer your question.

That's the same exact fallacy as I saw it as. It was to try to create guilt in me for pointing out the actual percentages of infection and death from coronavirus that you pointed out Berean's loss. It was to point out that death is personal therefore no one should point out the politically incorrect facts that death from coronavirus is actually pretty rare in comparison to the total population. There was no other reason to post that loss on his part in response to statistics.

Gary K

Banned
Why, because I don't venerate Trump and have pointed out his absolute hypocrisy and changes about via his own words? It's not difficult. If you want to keep giving the guy a free pass then that's on you but don't cry foul on it. I'm no fan of Boris overall either so I'm sorry if a lack of fawning adulation for the US president translates to being "mean and hateful" for you but that ain't my problem and it's just a silly thing to say on your part.

LOL. Yeah, Trump the only person on earth, let alone the only politician, that ever changes his position. That, in fact, shows his intelligence, his ability to learn, that he's humble enough to learn, and his willingness to change his position. What you're describing is a desire to have a completely totalitarian dictator that never changes his mind. Your trolling is obvious.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
That's the same exact fallacy as I saw it as. It was to try to create guilt in me for pointing out the actual percentages of infection and death from coronavirus that you pointed out Berean's loss.

One can only wonder at how your opinion on this topic would change if this virus were to impact you or your family members.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
When Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called President Trump last Sunday, he delivered a blunt message: If you reopen the nation’s economy too early against the advice of public-health experts, you will own the deaths from the novel coronavirus that follow. Trump argued to the senator, as he later would in public, that Americans must get back to work and businesses need to reopen as quickly as possible.

--
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...untry-amid-the-coronavirus-crisis/ar-BB11PMHk

God's Truth

So you are going to attack me by calling me a worshiping fawner and silly, but you are not mean and rude?

eider

In other words, were you an American citizen, you'd be voting PANDEMICRAT.

No.
Our leaders are classing this sickness and what it is doing and will do as a war, and they often refer to WWII in their explanations about their policies.
Most people I know are very impressed with the press-calls of PM Johnson and his advisers even though many of us have never voted for his party.

It was like that with Churchill although I personally remember how attitudes re-aligned with party politics after thge war was over..
For us it seems that we (mostly) drop some of our political grouping and enter a stage of policy herding in such times.

There are the scumbags out there, a bloke just got arrested in Iceland Whitstable, Kent, England for deliberately spitting at staff, but I went shopping at the local supermarket yesterday and the people have changed, they all acknowledge each other like never in recent times. They show a fraternal support for all around in so many slight ways. I'm so impressed with the people around here.

You probably feel all those sentiments about the area around yourself. When the chips go down we come together.

eider

......................................... that he's humble enough to learn, and his willingness to change his position..............................

We call that 'Body-Swerving.............. ducking and diving.......
But.... you think that President Trump is humble?

OK......... if you do you do.....

eider

It seems that even Trump is having to acknowledge this (hopefully) and so his ridiculous forecasts about it being over by Easter are postponed...

Political differences aside with anybody on here, I think there's many of us who sorely underestimated this virus unfortunately. I certainly did when it seemed far away.

True. Fair enough.
What do you think of the 'people' when you go essential journeying and shopping?
99% I find the atmosphere to be amazing. People are acknowledging each other's every small action and gesture. In North Kent it's very very good, but maybe there's others who are moaning.... but I haven't heard them.
People are posting their contact details around here so that any in trouble can get help for different things.

eider

Give it a month or so.............. you never know, you might stop being a political-tribalist and become one of 320 million. You'll know when it happens because it will be 'Us together' rather than 'them over there'.

It's just possible........ just.......

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So you are going to attack me by calling me a worshiping fawner and silly, but you are not mean and rude?

Every single thing he wrote that you're responding to was emotional. Not a single bit of it was rooted in reason, logic or rationality.

You're trying to reason a toddler out of throwing a tantrum, in the middle of a tantrum. A twelve year long tantrum.

chair

"a joke of a "pandemic" "?

Arthur Brain

LOL. Yeah, Trump the only person on earth, let alone the only politician, that ever changes his position. That, in fact, shows his intelligence, his ability to learn, that he's humble enough to learn, and his willingness to change his position. What you're describing is a desire to have a completely totalitarian dictator that never changes his mind. Your trolling is obvious.

Except he hasn't just changed his position. He's maintained that he was aware of the seriousness of the outbreak and that he knew it was going to be a pandemic and that simply isn't true. By his own words no less with no need for any spin. That isn't humble or intelligent, it's arrogant and rather dumb. I've no problem with a politician changing their position and having the actual humility to acknowledge a mistake in policy etc, it's kinda refreshing on the rare occasions that it happens.

That doesn't apply here though. Trump changed around because he had no choice but instead of acknowledging his underestimation of the disease, he stupidly tries to lie about that despite his contradictory statements being on record for anyone to see.