Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oxford Little Dictionary *ummm keep it to the little dictionary*
A curfew is a law requiring people to stay indoors after a stated time.

I prefer the ME meaning

Middle English (denoting a regulation requiring people to extinguish fires at a fixed hour in the evening, or a bell rung at that hour): from Old French cuevrefeu, from cuvrir ‘to cover’ + feu ‘fire’.

eider

I prefer the ME meaning

Middle English (denoting a regulation requiring people to extinguish fires at a fixed hour in the evening, or a bell rung at that hour): from Old French cuevrefeu, from cuvrir ‘to cover’ + feu ‘fire’.

Imagine that!
So if New York State ever needs to set a curfew at a certain time, doser will turn off his central heating and go out for walk.
:rotfl:

Arthur Brain

Neither.
How old are you?
Have you got a dictionary?
If not.... *oh dear* , let me help you.

I think I know where the ignorance is coming from. People who travel to beaches, parks, other towns, their yachts, their seaside caravan homes....... they spread the sickness.

Which part of Stay at home are you having difficulty with?

And 'Yes' people are banned from going to their holiday homes and yachts.
Notice to Mariners (UK) explains that no yachts may be taken from their moorings although they may visit to endure that moorings are secure etc.

Arthur Brain , the above should keep the grousers going for a bit...... well, they gotta have something to moan about. Can you imagine living near one of the grousers at this time....... it couldn't help.

I admire your patience. He's had all of this explained multiple times in the simplest terms and I suspect he's just smarting and pointlessly "arguing" in an attempt to try and save face. It really is that simple a child could understand it.

ok doser

... I suspect he's just smarting and pointlessly "arguing" in an attempt to try and save face.

I suspect he's enjoying the opportunity to show you two for the retarded brits that you are, brits with a lack of awareness of their own statements and their implications

I know that's what I'm enjoying, watching him bat you around like a kitten with a ball of yarn :chuckle:

Last edited:

ok doser

Which part of Stay at home are you having difficulty with?

:think:

... (yacht owners) may visit to (ensure) that moorings are secure etc.

Are yacht owners visiting their yachts to ensure that moorings are secure at their homes?

Can you explain how yacht owners can both "Stay at home " and "visit to (ensure) that moorings are secure etc"?

Are their yachts moored in their bathtubs?

How long could you manage for food, drink etc if your home was in a lock-down or curfew situation?

Apparently I can meet the requirements for "lock-down" or "curfew" and still go visit my yacht at its mooring. Seems like I could have the grocery store deliver the food, drink etc to my yacht at its mooring, pick them up there and still comply with your peculiar definitions of "lock-down" or "curfew".

eta: 7djengo7 - this is fun! :banana:

eider

Are yacht owners visiting their yachts to ensure that moorings are secure at their homes?

Can you explain how yacht owners can both "Stay at home " and "visit to (ensure) that moorings are secure etc"?

Are their yachts moored in their bathtubs?

Apparently I can meet the requirements for "lock-down" or "curfew" and still go visit my yacht at its mooring. Seems like I could have the grocery store deliver the food, drink etc to my yacht at its mooring, pick them up there and still comply with your peculiar definitions of "lock-down" or "curfew".
:
Ha ha! I told Arthur that would get you going....... easy

We are not under a curfew.
The rule is 'stay at home', but:
our health workers leave home.
our key workers leave home.
we can exercise outside once a day.
as shoppers we can leave home. etc....
looking after sick or elderly, we can leave home.

But despite the allowances we can show that we are staying home because our vehicles are showing very low use.

I'd show a picture of the 'stay at home' poster that we are all showing in our front windows but that would upset you far too much, I think.

ok doser

Do you reckon that if you silly brits could figure out what "stay at home" really means, that curve might look more like this?

Spoiler
Total Coronavirus Deaths in Belgium

Do you reckon that railing against Trump every single day is going to get you there?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Neither.
How old are you?
Have you got a dictionary?
If not.... *oh dear* , let me help you.

A law requiring people to stay indoors during a particular period of time is a ban against them being, or going, out of doors during that particular period of time. You disagree?

And here's what the Cambridge Dictionary says a curfew is:

a rule that everyone must stay home between particular times, usually at night, especially during a war or a period of political trouble

A rule, a law that everyone must stay home between particular times is a ban against them leaving home between those particular times. You disagree?

Here's what Oxford Dictionary says in its entry for the noun, 'ban':

An official or legal prohibition.

So, yeah, a curfew is a ban--an official or legal prohibition--against people leaving their homes, or, at least, it is a ban against them leaving wherever they are that's "indoors".

ok doser

A law requiring people to stay indoors during a particular period of time is a ban against them being, or going, out of doors during that particular period of time. You disagree?

a rule that everyone must stay home between particular times, usually at night, especially during a war or a period of political trouble

A rule, a law that everyone must stay home between particular times is a ban against them leaving home between those particular times. You disagree?

So, yeah, a curfew is a ban--an official or legal prohibition--against people leaving their homes, or, at least, it is a ban against them leaving wherever they are that's "indoors".

unless they want to check on their yachts moorings

eider

Oh please do stop grasping at your idea of what we are told to do in the UK.

Unless we are buying supplies, essential or key workers, or exercising, or carrying out welfare duties then we stay at home. It just happens that boat owners are allowed to visit their craft to ensure that they are secure...... says so in Notice to Mariners.

Go and follow your own provisional laws! You don't care about us, and that's for sure. :chuckle:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
funny - the left thought that "you're a foreigner, and therefore shouldn't influence our political processes" was a persuasive argument when they were desperately trying to sell the lie of Russian collusion

i guess hypocrisy just runs in your veins :sigh:
I'm sure "ok doser" would only be too glad to produce actual proof to support his claim concerning my citizenship - just like all his other claims, this assertion is not fact based!

This comes straight out of the Trump Playbook - if you can't win your case based on the facts, resort to bouts of "verbal abuse" and attempts to discredit the character of your opponent by repeating these claims over and over!

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Oh please do stop grasping at your idea of what we are told to do in the UK.

Unless we are buying supplies, essential or key workers, or exercising, or carrying out welfare duties then we stay at home. It just happens that boat owners are allowed to visit their craft to ensure that they are secure...... says so in Notice to Mariners.

Go and follow your own provisional laws! You don't care about us, and that's for sure. :chuckle:

Oh please do stop spamming me with posts in which you have nothing to say in response what I have written. Everything highlighted yellow, above, has nothing to do with what I wrote in my post.

Rather, I asked you these questions which you have thus far not answered:

Yes or No?

Yes or No?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
President Trump says he wants the United States “raring to go” in two and a half weeks, on Easter, with “packed churches all over our country.” -- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-trump-reopen-america.html

Trump wants the country to go back into full swing by Easter, which is on April 12th, about 2 1/2 weeks away as of this posting. You might be wondering why Trump would want us to do this if we are in the middle of a pandemic. The answer, I suspect, is below:
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

25% had 1 illness
25% had 2 illnesses
48% had 3 or more illnesses

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

Trump knows that a good economy would give his reelection campaign a big boost. He also knows that, per Italy's statistics, most of the fatalities from COVID-19 are elderly and infirm. Having weighed these two things on a scale, Trump has apparently come to the conclusion that the lives of the elderly and infirm are worth risking (and losing) in exchange for an economy that is humming along normally and a Dow Index that is on the rise. That's why he wants churches across the country to be full come Easter Sunday. Trump wants us to bulldoze past this coronavirus by spreading it all around on Easter. Whoever gets ill gets ill, and whoever dies dies, but just get that stock market back up as fast as possible. After all, the "greatest generation" took a bullet for us in WWII so they can take another one for us with the coronavirus, am I right Pres. Bone Spurs?

I haven't read the thread and won't do so but let me quess, in spite of there being very nearly nothing of this opening post that has turned out to be true, User Name hasn't recanted a syllable of this twisted nonsense and still thinks that Trump is only motivated by the election.