Here's one reason the Dems think they can succeed.

quip

BANNED
Banned
my intent was to point out your dishonesty in moving the goalposts and erecting a strawman

i achieved that in post 27

as for the rest of it, I have no interest in feeding your retarded need for attention :wave2:

You mean you're avoiding my attention to the crux of this entire shallow thread?

Yep. A predictable one trick pony. :wave:

Arthur Brain

Useless deflection.

...The aim is for students to critically evaluate the role and impact of television in their lives as well as in the life of the culture.

What exactly do you think they discuss while "critically evaluating the impact and role" of TV in their lives and culture?

Since you've made the error of delving deep enough to call me out, don't stop there....make your and ffload's case against this course.

Did you expect anything else? ;)

There's nothing wrong with the course at all. It's salient in the current age.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
(Williams) last sentence is just pure biased drivel ...

well, let's take a look at it

"The fact that unscrupulous parents paid millions for special favors from college administrators to enroll their children pales in comparison to the poor educational outcomes, not to mention the gross indoctrination of young people by leftist professors."

what part of that is "pure biased drivel"?

"unscrupulous parents paid millions for special favors from college administrators to enroll their children" - this is true, not biased drivel - it's been in the news. You can google it if you're unfamiliar with the controversy.

"poor educational outcomes" - true again, not biased drivel - even your troll-buddy quip admits this

"pales in comparison" - this is a subjective judgement made by Williams, undoubtedly biased by his experiences - is this what you consider to be "drivel"? 'Cause I might disagree with his assessment, but it appears to be solidly founded.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Did you expect anything else? ;)

There's nothing wrong with the course at all. It's salient in the current age.

Oh, Look a Chicken!

Students must write papers using their personal research on the five senses.

“Because the course is all about ways of knowing, I want to embrace the fact that we are distracted as a culture, why are we distracted, how can we embrace it and how do we get back to the thing that we were doing in the first place,” Entsminger said. “Once the students start paying attention to what distracts them, it helps them figure out whether those things were worthwhile. They figure out, ‘I’m spending way too much time on Facebook,’ or ‘I’m spending way too much time getting a cup of coffee.’ And they find out how to better use their time.”

“It looks like I am in pop culture now,” said Entsminger, who is teaching the course for the fourth year. “But this is just my way of framing it. I am a product of education back in to ‘50s and ‘60s when if a boy couldn’tsit in his seat, they just told us to sit down because they hadn’t discovered (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ) yet. I have grown up my whole life being a distracted learner.”

Among the students are business and performing arts majors and athletes as well as students who struggle with learning disabilities.

Wow! Those vitiating liberal professors! :angrymob:

Arthur Brain

Oh, Look a Chicken!

“Because the course is all about ways of knowing, I want to embrace the fact that we are distracted as a culture, why are we distracted, how can we embrace it and how do we get back to the thing that we were doing in the first place,” Entsminger said. “Once the students start paying attention to what distracts them, it helps them figure out whether those things were worthwhile. They figure out, ‘I’m spending way too much time on Facebook,’ or ‘I’m spending way too much time getting a cup of coffee.’ And they find out how to better use their time.”

“It looks like I am in pop culture now,” said Entsminger, who is teaching the course for the fourth year. “But this is just my way of framing it. I am a product of education back in to ‘50s and ‘60s when if a boy couldn’tsit in his seat, they just told us to sit down because they hadn’t discovered (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ) yet. I have grown up my whole life being a distracted learner.”

Among the students are business and performing arts majors and athletes as well as students who struggle with learning disabilities.

They're just insidious aren't they?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, Look a Chicken!

and yet, with brilliant courses like this, colleges are still producing incompetent graduates

kidslink3-1.png

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Professors of philosophy; philosophy prerequisites for underclassmen.

These are serious philosophical studies...made more trendy and interesting ....for what many current young students would consider otherwise dry, ancient and boring.

That you consider the soap-box ravings of tax-funded statist propagandists of irrationality and cultural perversion, whose charge is to groom and churn out--against Western civilization--hoards of anti-intellectuals at least as vicious as themselves--that you consider such miscreants, "professors of philosophy", is only because you despise truth, logic, and philosophy, and are of a mind with the same.

Why do you call falsehood, nonsense, moral perversion and irrationality, "serious philosophical studies"? As you, yourself, demonstrate by your own ravings on TOL--falsehood, nonsense, moral perversion and irrationality do not need to be made any more trendy than they already are to be interesting to banal minds.

"what many current young students would consider otherwise dry, ancient and boring"

And why is it that many current young "students" are vain, restless, raucous, malcontent anti-intellectuals (just as you are)? Oh, that's right: because those of your ilk--those statist despisers of Christianity and Western civilization--systematically victimize the young, and destroy their minds, by means of your tax-funded, statist compulsory "education" establishment.

Learn your facts before posting please....you look like a cranky, old crack-pot

Learn your facts before posting, please....you look like a cranky, juvenile delinquent crackhead-pothead (although, I'd not be surprised to hear you express great pride at that last bit).

quip

BANNED
Banned
That you consider the soap-box ravings of tax-funded statist propagandists of irrationality and cultural perversion, whose charge is to groom and churn out--against Western civilization--hoards of anti-intellectuals at least as vicious as themselves--that you consider such miscreants, "professors of philosophy", is only because you despise truth, logic, and philosophy, and are of a mind with the same.

Why do you call falsehood, nonsense, moral perversion and irrationality, "serious philosophical studies"? As you, yourself, demonstrate by your own ravings on TOL--falsehood, nonsense, moral perversion and irrationality do not need to be made any more trendy than they already are to be interesting to banal minds.

"what many current young students would consider otherwise dry, ancient and boring"

And why is it that many current young "students" are vain, restless, raucous, malcontent anti-intellectuals (just as you are)? Oh, that's right: because those of your ilk--those statist despisers of Christianity and Western civilization--systematically victimize the young, and destroy their minds, by means of your tax-funded, statist compulsory "education" establishment.

Learn your facts before posting, please....you look like a cranky, juvenile delinquent crackhead-pothead (although, I'd not be surprised to hear you express great pride at that last bit).

You're cranky...add more fibre! :comeout:

7djengo7

Most of the vitiating work is already worked upon your professors' victims, in their childhood years, prior to their coming to sit at the feet of your professors; see, that's the work of your statist K-12 compulsory "education" establisment. Your professors' work on these primed, pre-vitiated mental thralls, is mainly to systematically weaponize them against Christianity and Western civilization. Indeed, your professors have well done their work of forming you into an angry mob.

Arthur Brain

Most of the vitiating work is already worked upon your professors' victims, in their childhood years, prior to their coming to sit at the feet of your professors; see, that's the work of your statist K-12 compulsory "education" establisment. Your professors' work on these primed, pre-vitiated mental thralls, is mainly to systematically weaponize them against Christianity and Western civilization. Indeed, your professors have well done their work of forming you into an angry mob.

"Systematically weaponize them against Christianity and Western Civilization"?! Wow, you're yet another one of the tin foil hat brigade.

:freak:

7djengo7

"Systematically weaponize them against Christianity and Western Civilization"?! Wow, you're yet another one of the tin foil hat brigade.

:freak:

LOL

Hi, again, vicious jackboot thug.

What? It's not true that you nazi satanist statists demand children to be, from early ages, compelled to be "educated" by the state? Of course it's true. You hold it to be crucial to have power over the early developmental years of their minds so that you can mold them to be irrational fools just like yourselves, incapable of discerning truth from the falsehood and nonsense you call "evolution", etc. And so that you can ensure that you will always have people with whom to share your passion for Pokemon.

Arthur Brain

LOL

Hi, again, vicious jackboot thug.

What? It's not true that you nazi satanist statists demand children to be, from early ages, compelled to be "educated" by the state? Of course it's true. You hold it to be crucial to have power over the early developmental years of their minds so that you can mold them to be irrational fools just like yourselves, incapable of discerning truth from the falsehood and nonsense you call "evolution", etc. And so that you can ensure that you will always have people with whom to share your passion for Pokemon.

"Vicious jackboot thug"? Wow, you take unhinged to another level...

Oddly enough it's not true that I'm a "Satanist nazi statist" or that I "demand" anything of the sort. This is one of the more bonkers rants of late so congrats!

::kookoo:

7djengo7

"Vicious jackboot thug"? Wow, you take unhinged to another level...

Oddly enough it's not true that I'm a "Satanist nazi statist" or that I "demand" anything of the sort. This is one of the more bonkers rants of late so congrats!

::kookoo:

LOL

:DK::luigi::bowser::mario: