Help! My youngest daughter ran off with a Catholic boy. /:(

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Is he a nice guy?

Yes. He is a real good person.

Now I must ask all the Roman Catholics here to forgive me for being so frank as my grandchildren to be might also be of that persuasion.

This will be a new experience for me. Being nice to Catholics. But I think I can do it.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
That's great. Hard workers cannot "run off" too far, since they have to be back at work the next day.

You are very wise. While I have your ear-

Don't you think that theology is shaped by life? I mean, here I am a staunch Calvinist planning to make allowances for Catholicism.

Thanks

J Breeze

If their relationship is healthy I think you should be relieved; there are some people out there who aren't decent and your daughter has been wise to choose someone who is pleasant.

iouae

Don't you think that theology is shaped by life? I mean, here I am a staunch Calvinist planning to make allowances for Catholicism.

Thanks

Well thankfully it's not you marrying the Catholic, and I presume your daughter is in love which means she is blind, so for the next year at least, Catholicism is unlikely to bother her.

My policy (which is as yet untested) would be to do all that is possible to not interfere with them, and to keep on their best side, so that you have access to the MANY grandkids to come.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes. He is a real good person.

Now I must ask all the Roman Catholics here to forgive me for being so frank as my grandchildren to be might also be of that persuasion.

This will be a new experience for me. Being nice to Catholics. But I think I can do it.

it will be a new experience for us

Cedarbay

Thanks
I was a cradle Catholic who married a cradle Catholic. After many years of marriage, we both declined the RCC and are Presbyterian (WCF). Romans 8:28

We also have a married child who attends an ELCA.

We don't make allowances for the ELCA. We simply want to respect her choices and we know that the Lord has a plan for her life.

I keep a picture of the kids and grandkids in a bible to remind me to pray for them many times a day. We pray and we keep our peace.