Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonchild

Hi everyone, I'm an atheist :) I've always had an interest in religion, and stumbled upon this forum one day and decided to join in. Hope to have some interesting discussions here.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi everyone, I'm an atheist :) I've always had an interest in religion, and stumbled upon this forum one day and decided to join in. Hope to have some interesting discussions here.
Hi. :wave:

Mind if I call you DC? That way if we ever have a conversation with Icillian Feener I can refer to the two of you as IC/DC. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to TOL. :up:

May I ask... how did you stumble upon us? (and did it hurt?)

fool

Hall of Fame

Howdy.
So, where are you at on;
Abortion
Age of the Earth
Assination of JFK
Moon landings
9/11
H1N1
Bigfoot
Aliens
Birth Certificates
Miricles
Ghosts
Demons
Hula hoops
Microwave ovens
?

Jackson

:wave2: Welcome!

I wonder why you would call yourself demonchild if you don't believe in God? Are you trying to get a rise out of someone or is there something else behind that name? Just wondering... :chuckle:

Demonchild

Howdy.
So, where are you at on;
Abortion
Age of the Earth
Assination of JFK
Moon landings
9/11
H1N1
Bigfoot
Aliens
Birth Certificates
Miricles
Ghosts
Demons
Hula hoops
Microwave ovens
?

Bigfoot, Aliens and Moonlandings, I'm good with, but hula hoops, man they creep me out!
;D
The rest are all fair game :D
(ps. thankyou)

Demonchild

:wave2: Welcome!

I wonder why you would call yourself demonchild if you don't believe in God? Are you trying to get a rise out of someone or is there something else behind that name? Just wondering... :chuckle:

lol I was wondering when someone would ask about that :D It's just a name. I used to use it in AOL a long time ago, and it's kind of stuck with me :)

Jackson

lol I was wondering when someone would ask about that :D It's just a name. I used to use it in AOL a long time ago, and it's kind of stuck with me :)
:cheers:
Groovy, just wondering because it sounds like your calling your mother a demon. :idunno:

As long as it's just a name and your not bad mouthing your mother.:sozo2::maxi::Clete:

:chuckle:

Demonchild

:cheers:
Groovy, just wondering because it sounds like your calling your mother a demon. :idunno:

As long as it's just a name and your not bad mouthing your mother.:sozo2::maxi::Clete:

:chuckle:

Oh no, I love my mother, would not dream of bad mouthing her :)

Demonchild

So .. why are you an atheist?

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. I was a Christian for a long time before I realized that I did not believe any of it, and was only going through the motions because my family and friends wanted me to. Admitting I've been an atheist all along has been a liberating experience, because it resonated with everything I truly believed in - logic and common sense. Of course, I realize not everyone will see it that way, and I'm perfectly fine with others believing in God if that is what they wish.

(Btw, I am a girl).

Jackson

So can I ask you if you actually spent time researching if the bible were true and if the history behind it all was legit. Or did you just suddenly have an epiphany and decide it must all be a lie?

Sorry if I am prying.

Demonchild

So can I ask you if you actually spent time researching if the bible were true and if the history behind it all was legit. Or did you just suddenly have an epiphany and decide it must all be a lie?

Sorry if I am prying.

It's ok, you are not prying :) No I didn't actually research the bible before deciding to become an atheist. My decision was based more on the improbability of there being any kind of God (not just the Christian version). For one thing, if there was a God, then how did he come to be? Did he create himself, if so, how? If not, who created him? Why do bad things continue to happen throughout the world, such as murders, suicides, terrorist activity, diseases, corruption, natural disasters and so on when there is a good and loving God watching over things? It seems to me there is no God, or that God is indifferent, because even with prayer, even with sincere devotion, nothing seems to change. And there are no real answers for God's origin.

I admit though, my reasoning is not scientific *lol* it is just more of a guess. Just like some theists guess that there is a God, right?

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
It's ok, you are not prying :) No I didn't actually research the bible before deciding to become an atheist. My decision was based more on the improbability of there being any kind of God (not just the Christian version). For one thing, if there was a God, then how did he come to be? Did he create himself, if so, how? If not, who created him? Why do bad things continue to happen throughout the world, such as murders, suicides, terrorist activity, diseases, corruption, natural disasters and so on when there is a good and loving God watching over things? It seems to me there is no God, or that God is indifferent, because even with prayer, even with sincere devotion, nothing seems to change. And there are no real answers for God's origin.

I admit though, my reasoning is not scientific *lol* it is just more of a guess. Just like some theists guess that there is a God, right?

Welcome to TOL!

This is a good read -> Does God Exist?

Jackson

It's OK, you are not prying :) No I didn't actually research the bible before deciding to become an atheist. My decision was based more on the improbability of there being any kind of God (not just the Christian version). For one thing, if there was a God, then how did he come to be? Did he create himself, if so, how? If not, who created him? Why do bad things continue to happen throughout the world, such as murders, suicides, terrorist activity, diseases, corruption, natural disasters and so on when there is a good and loving God watching over things? It seems to me there is no God, or that God is indifferent, because even with prayer, even with sincere devotion, nothing seems to change. And there are no real answers for God's origin.

Great questions. Those are questions that need to be asked and then answered either way. Then you have made an educated decision. Other wise you are betting your eternal destiny on nothing more than a guess, right?

My decision was based more on the improbability of there being any kind of God (not just the Christian version).
What if you were in my house and I told you there was a million dollars hidden some where in my house. If you found it you could have it. Would it be worth it to actually go look for yourself in every nook and corner to see if it was actually there? You know, "just in case". Or would you simply rely on the improbability that I would have a million dollars hidden for you and not even really look for it.

If atheism is based on belief in facts then perhaps you should look at all the facts before making such a decision?

Maximeee has a great resource to look at. There are many others. Have fun on the forum! :D

Demonchild

Great questions. Those are questions that need to be asked and then answered either way. Then you have made an educated decision. Other wise you are betting your eternal destiny on nothing more than a guess, right?

What if you were in my house and I told you there was a million dollars hidden some where in my house. If you found it you could have it. Would it be worth it to actually go look for yourself in every nook and corner to see if it was actually there? You know, "just in case". Or would you simply rely on the improbability that I would have a million dollars hidden for you and not even really look for it.

If atheism is based on belief in facts then perhaps you should look at all the facts before making such a decision?

Maximeee has a great resource to look at. There are many others. Have fun on the forum! :D

You have a good point :) It would certainly be worth considering all the evidence before making such an important decision. That's partly why I'm here, to learn from others who may know more than me. If someone here can convince me with real evidence that there is a God, then I will be the first to rejoice :the_wave: I am currently only veering towards atheism because it seems more probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.