Hello Lon

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lon,

Thank you for giving me opportunity to discuss what Jesus says about Christianity.

My first question to you is:

1) what does Jesus say about how to become His disciple or follower?

Thank you again.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Lon is a Calvinist and will say that he doesn't do anything. He is as a brain dead person without a heart, and God will chose to make him alive for no reason except that he is Sovereignly picked.

The Truth is that God tells us what to do to be saved, and we do it.

God saves those who believe and obey Him.

God's Truth

Jesus says to do this and do that, and do not do this, and do not do that.

Lon and other Calvinsits say, "No Jesus, I cannot and will not---but you, save me first."

Jesus does NOT save unbelievers.

There is NO scripture anywhere that says Jesus saves unbelievers.

God's Truth

There is no scripture anywhere that says once we have been told God's word that we cannot believe it and obey it.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
GT, you are so censored.
Lon,

Thank you for giving me opportunity to discuss what Jesus says about Christianity.

My first question to you is:

1) what does Jesus say about how to become His disciple or follower?

Thank you again.
You need to believe in Him. John 3:16 (KJV)

marhig

GT, you are so censored.
You need to believe in Him. John 3:16 (KJV)

And what did Jesus tell those who believed in him that they are to do? He said to those who believed in him that they are to continue in his word, and that means live by what he taught. We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

John 8

As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
And what did Jesus tell those who believed in him that they are to do? He said to those who believed in him that they are to continue in his word, and that means live by what he taught. We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

John 8

As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed
He said don't listen to fools like Marhig and GT, and I obey Him completely.

marhig

Jesus says to do this and do that, and do not do this, and do not do that.

Lon and other Calvinsits say, "No Jesus, I cannot and will not---but you, save me first."

Jesus does NOT save unbelievers.

There is NO scripture anywhere that says Jesus saves unbelievers.

Yep that's the truth!

John 16

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Romans 10

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Acts 16

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved

John 3

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There's no such thing as predestination, we have freewill and a choice, to believe the gospel and believe in Jesus, or not. And once we believe we are to repent. If we don't believe and repent, then we are rejecting God and Christ. God doesn't save people before they believe, they must believe first to be saved!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps not my place to intrude, but that has not stopped me in the past, but why don't you tell Lon and us what you think on the subject? It is your thread, after all.

I have been questioning Calvinists since I noticed Calvinism is not Jesus centered faith.

And I asked them why they dismiss my question about Jesus' word. I continually asked Lon about it, and he finally gave me permission to make a thread.

peace.

marhig

He said don't listen to fools like Marhig and GT, and I obey Him completely.

What? Now I'm a fool for quoting what Jesus says? That we are to abide in his word if we believe in him. What's wrong with that? I'm just showing that we can't just say we believe with our mouths, we are to live it out and live by the word of God if we truly believe and yes we are to obey him.

If you obey him completely that's good, that means then that your are living by the will of God. And that's what we are to do!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
What? Now I'm a fool for quoting what Jesus says? That we are to abide in his word if we believe in him. What's wrong with that? I'm just showing that we can't just say we believe with our mouths, we are to live it out and live by the word of God if we truly believe and yes we are to obey him.

If you obey him completely that's good, that means then that your are living by the will of God. And that's what we are to do!
To quoth Saint John W, you're a dirty rat, and yet your and GT's biggest concern is pointing out that others are dirty rats. And since we're all dirty rats, what gives you any right or authority in proclaiming that others are dirty rats? You're not a less dirty rat, you're just a plain dirty rat.

marhig

To quoth Saint John W, you're a dirty rat, and yet your and GT's biggest concern is pointing out that others are dirty rats. And since we're all dirty rats, what gives you any right or authority in proclaiming that others are dirty rats? You're not a less dirty rat, you're just a plain dirty rat.
Where did I call anyone a dirty rat?

marhig

It's a metaphor. Your whole life is to call people dirty rats. You're consumed with pointing out flaws in others.
We all have flaws, and yes i probably more than anyone, i am a sinner, but God through Christ can give all of us the strength to overcome our flesh, if we are willing to lay down our lives and and live by his will. At least I admit I sin, i don't go around saying I've got no sin they are in hell etc etc.

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We all have flaws, and yes i probably more than anyone, i am a sinner, but God through Christ can give all of us the strength to overcome our flesh, if we are willing to lay down our lives and and live by his will. At least I admit I sin, i don't go around saying I've got no sin it's they are in hell etc etc.

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us*our*sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
OK, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.