Hell-goers seek entertainment from singers, actors and players.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
stephen, explain how someone who enjoys this song is a hellgoer ok

There will be a day

I had enough songs in my 55 years converted life. Still I sing song to the spiritually immature neophytes and gentiles as you sing to a baby. But this post is meant for the mature.
If you set up thousand sound boxes and play loud hymns and worship songs day and night would be Father pleased? Ridiculous!
He will be pleased when you repent actively by cross bearing.

Levolor

If you set up thousand sound boxes and play loud hymns and worship songs day and night would be Father pleased? Ridiculous!
He will be pleased when you repent actively by cross bearing.

No where have I suggested that repentance was an unneeded action. Assuming is so unattractive as well as being a sin against one's own soul. And, fyi, you are speaking to the choir about what it takes to be worthy of Christ.

Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Psalm 100:2

I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. Psalm 104:33

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises. Psalm 98:4

Hallelujah!

Bradley D

King David believed in music and dancing to honor God. Jesus went to a wedding which had wine and I'm sure lots of joy. I believe God gave us the ability to sing, play music, laugh, and be joyful because He loves us. As with everything such activities can be used for a good or wrong purpose.

Levolor

King David believed in music and dancing to honor God. Jesus went to a wedding which had wine and I'm sure lots of joy. I believe God gave us the ability to sing, play music, laugh, and be joyful because He loves us. As with everything such activities can be used for a good or wrong purpose.

Exactly!

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned

Those fake Christians taking that murder ordering David’s god is worse than murdering muslims. Alas! I worshipped him in my early years. But Christ opened my eyes during last 30 years muslim evangelization out of 50 years at his service. I knew that murderous Islam springs from that god. Unless we separate from that degrading god we can’t save muslims or any. Rather we become worse than them as professing Christ we deny him which muslims don’t do. No wonder that such ‘Christians’ are going to destroy the world by their ultimate weapons.
Ancient jews didn’t believe afterlife as the Sadducees believed. You return to dust as you came from dust. But during Persian captivity they learned of afterlife from Persians. So Pharisees (derived from Persia) preached that. Naturally those who deny afterlife must defend and enjoy life here.

But we knowing afterlife are commanded to sacrifice this shallow life and joys for it. Please read my posts in this forum and Carm.org

Levolor

So you thank Jesus for ur merrymaking while neglecting the duty of saving souls from sin-hell!! Running down others is it.

LOL.

Praise God~ Hallelujah for those who persecute! Thank you Jesus~!

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Matthew 5:11

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
well I thought it was nice that the musicians in America came together for a concert to raise money for the hurricane relief...

even if it was a bunch of "Hell-goers seek entertainment" emptying their pockets for a good cause.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Money cant save any ultimately, rather spoils as Christ taught. Every suffering is a blessing if used for purification. We have come to this deadly devil’s world rejecting Father and must suffer here to return back to love-heaven as prodigal sons. If we enjoy earthly stupid things here instead of loving neighbor we forfeit heaven as Jesus told..

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
My analysis.....

My analysis.....

Shall u sing in a house of mourning? The whole world is a house of mourning whose majority is going to eternal death. It will be worse soon.

Even in the direst and gloomiest of conditions...does not hope in 'God' bring joy and light as the tragic times pass? Is there not light not only at the end of the tunnel, but in our very midst now? There is surely a time of lamentation in this mortal coil and vale of tears,...I've had enough myself, many a tear...but such grief only strengthens my resolve in the Higher Good and Joy of a greater purpose and plan in the light of eternity.

No soul can be saved by imitating the heart beat and blood murmur of mother, from which music fascination comes.

Using whatever metaphors....I think 'God' as our Father and Mother births in us and in the cosmos a symphony of all colours of light and dark, but intrinsic to existence itself, is a primal goodness and eternal love at the heart of all....come what may in a world of potential evil and imperfection. That eternal 'om' is the divine sound current which carries every melody of creation from the Heart and Soul of 'God' so is birthed from goodness itself....so that 'Good' is the original motive behind all creation.

It can be won by imitating crucified Christ, bringing people to repentance. That worship in spirit Father seeks, not vocal and instrumental flattery worship.

Prayer, loving service, reformation comes naturally in a ministry of healing, - repentance (changing one's mind) goes without saying as souls turn to God. Also, there is no reason whatsover that instruments cannot be used to help faciliate the purest worship unto God, since God is that Original MIND that inspired man to create every kind of musical instrument to use to express his love and devotion. Genuine worship is NOT about flattery or vanity of any kind, in fact it is the truest expression of surender, humility and gratitude towards God. Hence it is only natural that every instrument conducive to express the most beautiful sounds and melodies be offered up to the God of beauty and holiness.

It is hard work, but you can train your mind to enjoy even work that is hard and unpleasant
by common standard. That I found rearing orphans and homeless.

I understand where you are coming from, being down in the trenches serving the orphans and homeless, while other 'christians' seem to be about other things and concerns perhaps, and your being discontent with the bleak reality of suffering in these most dire human conditions. Those who serve is this fashion are to be respected and commended, as being God's hands and feet. However, the points shared previously are also important to realize, as we are to use every medium and stage as a venue to promote true values and meanings that inspire, aid and uplift mankind towards the eternal good that is 'God'.

In an age of 'religious propaganda, elitism, apathy, convenient lip-service and mechanical rituals...its understandable how those living a deeper life of service among the deprived might feel towards 'conventional religion' and its seemimg illusory comforts.

pj

Quincy

Stephen, is it idolization that you are preaching against here? The way you have it worded it seems like you mean just enjoying a moments recreation is sinful but I get the feeling you are actually meaning idolizing singers, actors and athletes?

If that is the case then you on to something. They are of course people and they can't save you from yourself. However I still am not seeing the sin in a moments recreation.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
well I thought it was nice that the musicians in America came together for a concert to raise money for the hurricane relief...

even if it was a bunch of "Hell-goers seek entertainment" emptying their pockets for a good cause.

keep shinin

jerm
Money cant save any ultimately, rather spoils as Christ taught. Every suffering is a blessing if used for purification. We have come to this deadly devil’s world rejecting Father and must suffer here to return back to love-heaven as prodigal sons. If we enjoy earthly stupid things here instead of loving neighbor we forfeit heaven as Jesus told..

that is what they were doing, loving their neighbors, helping them rebuild their homes, communities, and lives.

I'm sorry if you see that as a bad thing, hopefully you will never be in the position to need help yourself, for then you will reap what you sow.

keep shinin

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
that is what they were doing, loving their neighbors, helping them rebuild their homes, communities, and lives.

I'm sorry if you see that as a bad thing, hopefully you will never be in the position to need help yourself, for then you will reap what you sow.

keep shinin

Here are some Robinhood like people who give a portion to poor. That is rather making the poor dependent on crime, a worse thing. Our real home is not made of bricks cemented together but made of people love-joined together. that home will be in heaven too.
If drug dealers sell more drugs to help poor, will be the poor really helped? No!
If we teach loving neighbor by our example we really build our home and others home.
Agape love!

Alexandros

Stephen, you remind me of a teenage girl I worked with once. I put on an Evanescence CD (the only good one they made) there and she was happy. In some circles, that band is considered to be Christian Goth. Turns out, her mother was Christian and only allowed her daughters to listen to Christian music in the house. Anything else was unholy.

Except you take it one step further.

The reality is, as others have said, neither Jesus nor God forbade music. If you associate all forms of fun with the devil, you may as well forget about the internet, posting on this forum, knowing anything about current events, having any sort of relationship with your children, even having children to begin with, or even eating a good tasting meal. Enjoy.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:

keep shinin

jerm
Here are some Robinhood like people who give a portion to poor. That is rather making the poor dependent on crime, a worse thing. Our real home is not made of bricks cemented together but made of people love-joined together. that home will be in heaven too.
If drug dealers sell more drugs to help poor, will be the poor really helped? No!
If we teach loving neighbor by our example we really build our home and others home.
Agape love!

as I said that is exactly what they are doing, rebuilding their homes, loving them by example.

If you judge them, you will be met with the same measure one day according to Y'shua, I pray you have a change of heart.

keep shinin

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
as I said that is exactly what they are doing, rebuilding their homes, loving them by example.

If you judge them, you will be met with the same measure one day according to Y'shua, I pray you have a change of heart.

keep shinin

They are doing business.
We must judge in evaluation sense, not for condemning forever. In that sense Jesus judged pharisees and we must judge to survive.

If they had built their home by their own labor and sweat then that person to person contact would have built their real home of good relations.

Flinging that easy money to poor will rather spoil them. Christ could have given mountains of food or gold to jews. but that would have spoilt them. what they needed is bearing the cross to improve neighbors' character of selfishness, the original sin that brought us in this wretched world and pushing to hell.
May Heavenly Father bless u.

jeremysdemo

They are doing business.
We must judge in evaluation sense, not for condemning forever. In that sense Jesus judged pharisees and we must judge to survive.

If they had built their home by their own labor and sweat then that person to person contact would have built their real home of good relations.

Flinging that easy money to poor will rather spoil them. Christ could have given mountains of food or gold to jews. but that would have spoilt them. what they needed is bearing the cross to improve neighbors' character of selfishness, the original sin that brought us in this wretched world and pushing to hell.
May Heavenly Father bless u.

sometimes ministry involves taking care of the physical needs of others,

I'm sorry if you missed that in your Bible.

keep shinin

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
sometimes ministry involves taking care of the physical needs of others,

I'm sorry if you missed that in your Bible.

keep shinin

Jesus didn’t forbid any. His message was not negative but positive. So he stressed on the love-commandments. Many things most necessary for childhood are harmful in adulthood, more so in deathbed and sickness. Simulating mother’s heartbeat, voice etc. by music is necessary in early life, but not when we are ready to depart from here. Then we have to tune our mind to the sphere we have to go.
In the spiritual world of heaven or hell, there is no air for music, but love is there as here. So we must practice spiritual love. Of course spiritual love can be expressed to a limited extent by physical help and music. It may bring emotion of devotion or repentance. But those have no value if no work results i.e. sterile. Often we see that music is sterile. Enjoyment that is so sterile is harmful, short-circuiting dissipation of our energy.
The best way is how Christ brought people to devotion and repentance—by healing and accepting the cross from our hands. That is the best way in here as this world is a house of the dead and dying by Christ’s standard.