ECT Have you been deceived by Satan through your church?

ZacharyB

In light of "Romans 4"... could you explain "our reasonable sevice"... ?
You used a verse in your OP that I believe binds to go and "sin"... "unbelieve"... no more.
Im still wondering where you are coming from.
In other words... is anything required of our flesh... to be saved? In your opinion...
What Paul tells us our reasonable service is ...
agrees completely with many dozens of NT verses, re:
crucifying our flesh, dying to sin, obeying God's will, repenting of sin, etc.
Not IMO, but the NT keeps repeating the red ...
... for those with eyes and ears.

ZacharyB

John 13:34 a new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
Please explain what Commandments you believe Jesus is referring to.
Please read through the verses in red in the 4 gospels to see His commandments.
You already have noticed the new one (John 13:34).

ZacharyB

... the NT "believe" must mean:
to believe, have faith in, trust, and obey ... until death!
Honest Christians must come to this conclusion ...
if they RECONCILE all of the NT verses!
Honest Christians do NOT pick and choose which verses to believe in
... they believe ALL of them ... and RECONCILE all of them
to come to the full realization of the truth.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Honest Christians must come to this conclusion ...
if they RECONCILE all of the NT verses!
Honest Christians do NOT pick and choose which verses to believe in
... they believe ALL of them ... and RECONCILE all of them
to come to the full realization of the truth.

Do... you... believe... Jesus is YHWH?

Also... do you see how Ephesians 2:8f is challenging your "honesty"?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, and you worker bees think YOU are able to maintain it, while those of faith are confident in the Lord.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

He was "forced" by the enemy to "conclude" Christ is not able to keep us and conform us into His image. :nono:

You people say this because you don't have a clue what it means to be created IN CHRIST JESUS as new creatures. Because you don't understand what that means, you preach your false gospel of works...YOUR OWN OBEDIENCE. Your own obedience will not save you OR keep you saved.

Those who think like you do are always pointing fingers at other people....imagining all the wrongs those other people must be committing, while at the same time, you ignore and deny the lack of love you have in your own hearts. You claim what you have not attained because the love of God has not been shed abroad on your heart. If it had been, you would know what perfect peace is and you wouldn't be accusing the true believers of doing what you are covering up in your own life.

We don't have to wait for assurance of salvation, we have it, because we believe we are justified by faith. We understand that God works patience in us through various tribulations....as we rest IN HIM through those tribulations. God does the work...we are HIS workmanship.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.​

But man, in his infinite PRIDE must ascribe some of the work to himself. He can't resist claiming some of the glory for his salvation for himself. That is not the GOOD NEWS anyone is supposed to be preaching.

giphy.gif

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What Paul tells us our reasonable service is ...
agrees completely with many dozens of NT verses, re:
crucifying our flesh, dying to sin, obeying God's will, repenting of sin, etc.
Not IMO, but the NT keeps repeating the red ...
... for those with eyes and ears.

Can you accomplish in your flesh... "through cooperation".. what Jesus accomplishED in His?

Do you believe Jesus is YHWH?!?

marhig

Can you accomplish in your flesh... "through cooperation".. what Jesus accomplishED in His?

Do you believe Jesus is YHWH?!?

We can't do what Jesus did as he was sinless, but we can overcome our flesh though Christ Jesus by the power of the Spirit, through faith by the grace of God. Jesus overcame the world and he can help us and strengthen us to do the same.

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

And no, Jesus isn't God.

ZacharyB

Do... you... believe... Jesus is YHWH?
Also... do you see how Ephesians 2:8f is challenging your "honesty"?
Many OT references to God are referring to the Word
who will later come to earth to become flesh and
be called Jesus, the Son of God, the Son of the Highest, etc.
(Matt 1 and Luke 1).

Ephesians 2:8 only refers to the time of receiving the Holy Spirit within.
Salvation must be a process, which ends at death (or when raptured).
It must be a process because of what many NT verses teach us.

ZacharyB

RE: repenting of a particular sin
1 • have sorrow over doing it
2 • confess it before the Lord
3 • ask the Lord for forgiveness
4 • stop doing it
This what the Lord requires of you.

DAN P

Yes, He is faithful and just to honor His promise in 1 John 1:9,
which is to cleanse us from our sins, if we confess (repent of) them.
P.S. This is not about performing "works" (good works/deeds).
This is just about performing "our reasonable service" (Romans 8:1 or 12:1?).

Hi and you need to research what CONFESS / HOMOLOGEO means !!

Then look at REPENT / METANOEO means and they are not the same !!

dan p

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Many OT references to God are referring to the Word
who will later come to earth to become flesh and
be called Jesus, the Son of God, the Son of the Highest, etc.
(Matt 1 and Luke 1).

Okay... I'm going to disengage you... as we disagree on some matters, but you "KNOW" "WHO" "HE" "IS". :e4e:

Ephesians 2:8 only refers to the time of receiving the Holy Spirit within.
Salvation must be a process, which ends at death (or when raptured).
It must be a process because of what many NT verses teach us.

The red is where you and I are diametrically opposed.

Let's look at a few verses and see what they say... though...

Acts 16:31 ... And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Again...

Ephesians 2:8 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,

How much does a "gift" cost you? Do you give gifts and then ask to be paid for them... with daily payments... once the receiver... "RECEIVES"?

And again...

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So... God had to PURCHASE "YOUR GIFT". Can you now take over the "PAYMENTS"?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
RE: repenting of a particular sin
1 • have sorrow over doing it
2 • confess it before the Lord
3 • ask the Lord for forgiveness
4 • stop doing it
This what the Lord requires of you.

ZacharyB... Are you capable of "NOT SINNING"? Have you had a "PERFECT" day in your life? You are treading on dangerous ground.

The sin of the world is "UNBELIEF"... Do you really think your "FLESH" (John 6:63) will ever profit you... even in "co-operation"?

Gifts... "REQUIRE" something now... besides "RECEIVING" with a "GLAD HEART"?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
We can't do what Jesus did as he was sinless,

This must be the Right side of your mouth...

but we can overcome our flesh though Christ Jesus by the power of the Spirit, through faith by the grace of God. Jesus overcame the world and he can help us and strengthen us to do the same.

This must be the Left side of your mouth.....

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So... You are now quoting a verse that shows the Father and Son are ONE...

Revelation 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.

And no, Jesus isn't God.

Thank you for discrediting your "False Witness" to [MENTION=17546]ZacharyB[/MENTION]

Which side of your mouth should I listen to?

Last edited:

marhig

This must be the Right side of your mouth...

This must be the Left side of your mouth.....

So... You are now quoting a verse that shows the Father and Son are ONE...

Revelation 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.

Thank you for discrediting your "False Witness" to [MENTION=5813]Zach[/MENTION]eryB

Which side of your mouth should I listen to?
Of course we have to overcome, what do you think Jesus is our perfect example for? Because we have to live it out, to follow Jesus is to walk the walk not just talk the talk. We can never go as far as Jesus because he didn't sin, but we are sinners, but by the grace of God through Christ by the power of the Spirit, we can overcome our flesh and God will strengthen us to turn from sin. We have a choice every day obey God as he shows us our sin through the Spirit and live by God's will, and as we turn from sin he will strengthen us, or put ourselves and our flesh first and let satan in because we lust after the flesh. God will only keep us sealed by the Spirit if we remain in his goodness, if we put our flesh before him, he will turn us over to our reprobate mind.

The verse that I quoted in no way shows that Jesus is God, in fact it clearly shows that Jesus isn't God but that he is set in his father's throne and we can be set in his throne IF we overcome as he also overcame, but we can only overcome through him, without christ and the power of the Spirit, we have no hope of overcoming at all.

Christ Jesus is set at the right hand of God, exalted by God and given authority from God. So he's not God! And as Jesus and the apostles clearly say, God is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nope...

Nope...

Of course we have to overcome, what do you think Jesus is our perfect example for? Because we have to live it out, to follow Jesus is to walk the walk not just talk the talk. We can never go as far as Jesus because he didn't sin, but we are sinners, but by the grace of God through Christ by the power of the Spirit, we can overcome our flesh and God will strengthen us to turn from sin. We have a choice every day obey God as he shows us our sin through the Spirit and live by God's will, and as we turn from sin he will strengthen us, or put ourselves and our flesh first and let satan in because we lust after the flesh. God will only keep us sealed by the Spirit if we remain in his goodness, if we put our flesh before him, he will turn us over to our reprobate mind.

The verse that I quoted in no way shows that Jesus is God, in fact it clearly shows that Jesus isn't God but that he is set in his father's throne and we can be set in his throne IF we overcome as he also overcame, but we can only overcome through him, without christ and the power of the Spirit, we have no hope of overcoming at all.

Christ Jesus is set at the right hand of God, exalted by God and given authority from God. So he's not God! And as Jesus and the apostles clearly say, God is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God answers to God. :think: He's that awesome! Who does God discuss things with when He needs to talk to His EQUAL? God!

If I own a company... I'm my own BOSS.

:doh:

And you think you can "Overcome"? You don't believe HE "Finished" it for you? You think that gift comes with installment plan payments?

Well Marhig...??? What does Hebrews 2:14 mean to you? Can you defeat an arch angel? Are you "co-savior" with Jesus?

# Ridiculous!!!!

Spoiler
And the people bowed and prayed... TO THE NEON GOD THEY'd Made.... ... Oh and the mixed in track in the background is from a song called... "I love the way you lie... ;)"

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
in some ways. mainstream churches may play into social status, I have went past that to being saved in Christ,

I belive OSAS is true but incompatible with OV, which is why I am MAD, but not really OV

ZacharyB

Since creation, God has always insisted on man’s co-operation.
Jesus will make you holy (i.e. He will fully sanctify you),
but only IF you co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit
via your God-given free-will.

marhig

God answers to God. :think: He's that awesome! Who does God discuss things with when He needs to talk to His EQUAL? God!

If I own a company... I'm my own BOSS.

And you think you can "Overcome"? You don't believe HE Finished it for you? You think that gift comes with installment plan payments?

Well Marhig...??? What does Hebrews 2:14 mean to you? Can you defeat an arch angel? Are you "co-savior" with Jesus?

# Ridiculous!!!!

Spoiler
And the people bowed and prayed... TO THE NEON GOD THEY'd Made.... ... Oh and the mixed in track in the background is from a song called... "I love the way you lie... ;)"
No God doesn't answer to God, Jesus Christ answers to his God, the Son answers to the father and is under subjection to him and the father is his God and he anointed Jesus and exalted him, and the head of Christ is God. Jesus did his fathers will and not his own will, and the father sent him, he didn't send himself but he willingly came to bare witness to the truth and save as many as would believe on him and believe in the gospel and truly repent.

Jesus clearly says in revelation, "to him that overcomes," so yes I believe that we are to overcome, we are to be willing to lay down our lives for others, and live by the will of God and through faith and by God's grace by the power of the Spirit, we can overcome the world and flesh through Christ Jesus.

And this is Jesus, praying to the father, saying that the father is the only true God, and that life eternal is to know the father, the only true God. and that he sent Christ Jesus, so why shouldn't I believe him?

John 17:3 kjv

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.