ECT Have God's commands changed?

Doom

Galatians 3:12 NASB - However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."
You seek to live by the Law, which means that you do not live by faith.

Seriously dude, you are totally double-minded.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You seek to live by the Law, which means that you do not live by faith.

Seriously dude, you are totally double-minded.
I do live by faith. That is why I take God's word seriously. I respect God's Law. It came from God. I choose to accept or receive the things given to us by God. If the purpose of the Law is "no longer" to condemn me or lead me to Christ, that does not mean God cannot use it in the life of someone else. Those who reject the Law and even because of faith miss out on a lot.

Plus you did not respond to Romans 8:4 NASB.

Doom

I do live by faith.
No, you don't. You cannot live by both. You are either under grace or under Law.
That is why I take God's word seriously.
Nope. You try and mix Law and grace.
I respect God's Law.
So do I, for the reason He gave it.
It came from God.
He made it for sinners, not for the righteous.
I choose to accept or receive the things given to us by God.
Sorry, dude, but you do not get to change the reasons God gave Law and grace.
If the purpose of the Law is "no longer" to condemn me or lead me to Christ, that does not mean God cannot use it in the life of someone else.
"For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”

Those who reject the Law and even because of faith miss out on a lot.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Plus you did not respond to Romans 8:4 NASB.
What do you think the requirement of the Law is? If you think it is to obey it, then you are walking according to the flesh.

Doom

The Law does not give you the power to defeat sin; The Law gives sin the power to defeat you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you don't. You cannot live by both. You are either under grace or under Law.
Faith is neither grace nor Law.
Nope. You try and mix Law and grace.
No. You should not do so. Do you remember what we find about the Law and the goal of our instruction in 1 Timothy 1?
So do I, for the reason He gave it. He made it for sinners, not for the righteous.
Why do you believe God gave the Law (to the nation of Israel)?
Sorry, dude, but you do not get to change the reasons God gave Law and grace. "For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, to perform them.”
The works of the Law and the Law are two different separate subjects.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
I do.
What do you think the requirement of the Law is? If you think it is to obey it, then you are walking according to the flesh.
No, that is not it. You still don't understand. If you are living according to the Spirit you are not a lawbreaker. And for the reason that you do not break the Law. That is the best explanation I can give. Faith does not mean sin is no longer sin.

Doom

Faith is neither grace nor Law.
We walk by grace through faith, not by Law. If you are walking by Law through faith, you are not saved. The Law is not of faith. Grace is. Get it? No, you don't, because you are not saved.

Why do you believe God gave the Law (to the nation of Israel)?
So that the transgression would increase.

The works of the Law and the Law are two different separate subjects
:doh:

You never do. You are not a believer in Jesus.

No, that is not it. You still don't understand. If you are living according to the Spirit you are not a lawbreaker. And for the reason that you do not break the Law. That is the best explanation I can give. Faith does not mean sin is no longer sin.
You are still carnally minded, in the flesh, not in the Spirit. Those who are in the Spirit, are not "lawbreakers" because they are no longer under the Law, not because they attempt to obey it. I just showed you that those who attempt to obey the Law are under curse. You REALLY are not a Christian, but are lost, dead, in the flesh, and without hope.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We walk by grace through faith, not by Law.
No, salvation is by grace through faith and not of works. Remember Ephesians 2:8,9 and Titus 3:5.
If you are walking by Law through faith, you are not saved.
Are you meeting the requirement of the Law?
The Law is not of faith. Grace is.
Do you remember the verse about how you have received (if you are a believer) your introduction by faith into the grace in which you stand?
Get it? No, you don't, because you are not saved.

So that the transgression would increase.
In part. It is a standard and rule for living. It condemns the sinner and the one who lives according to the flesh. It points out sin and reveals to us the character and heart of God. The Bible says the Law leads people to Christ. If you are no longer under the Law and have never been under it then you may not know what it means to be under the Law. But still as a Gentile you would have your conscience.
:doh:

You never do. You are not a believer in Jesus.

You are still carnally minded, in the flesh, not in the Spirit.
No, Romans 8:1-4.
Those who are in the Spirit, are not "lawbreakers" because they are no longer under the Law, not because they attempt to obey it.
If you keep or live according to the requirement of the Law by the Spirit that is different than trying or attempting.
I just showed you that those who attempt to obey the Law are under curse. You REALLY are not a Christian, but are lost, dead, in the flesh, and without hope.
If a person is in the Spirit, they are not in the flesh. Then the Law's penalty is not for them because they have been freed from the flesh and sin. They are now a slave to righteousness. Obedience brings blessing. Disobedience brings a curse.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Think of it this way:

Should I keep the Law or should I break it?

The answer should ALWAYS be that I should keep it. I should never break the Law. Becoming a Christian does not excuse a person in regard to the Law.

oatmeal

The commands have changed, or the Law has changed? I have it that the priesthood, in some sense, changed.

What was the commandments in the garden?

Once out of the garden, the commandments changed, in a practical sense. That is, there was no access to the tree after they were evicted from the garden.

But God still sought those who would love God by obeying him.

God first loved us, not we first loved him

God loves us so that we learn that God is good always, he does not bring evil to us, but our wrong teachings and ignorance does have consequences

He wants us to live right, sow good seed in our lives so we reap what is good and right

The specific commandments that God has imparted to believers over the ages has changed, but not the underlying love and concern for us.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Law gives sin the power to defeat you.

It sure does. And knowing this, all of you need to think about why Paul says it is Holy and good, knowing it exists to send people to hell. That should give you some insight into God's mind. And what he thinks of injustice.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What was the commandments in the garden?

Once out of the garden, the commandments changed, in a practical sense. That is, there was no access to the tree after they were evicted from the garden.

But God still sought those who would love God by obeying him.

God first loved us, not we first loved him

God loves us so that we learn that God is good always, he does not bring evil to us, but our wrong teachings and ignorance does have consequences

He wants us to live right, sow good seed in our lives so we reap what is good and right

The specific commandments that God has imparted to believers over the ages has changed, but not the underlying love and concern for us.
Genesis 2:15 NASB - Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.

Genesis 2:16 NASB - The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;

Genesis 2:17 NASB - but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."

God had commands for Abraham. Jacob's son Levi came three generations later, and it wasn't until the exodus from Egypt that we have the Levitical priesthood and the Law of Moses.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It sure does. And knowing this, all of you need to think about why Paul says it is Holy and good, knowing it exists to send people to hell. That should give you some insight into God's mind. And what he thinks of injustice.
Do you believe the standard upon which people are judged by God and sent to Hell is the Law and/or Ten Commandments?