Happy Birthday Mr. President

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
lincolnSUM_1811021c.jpg

I'm sorry that our country isn't respectful enough of your great achievements that we didn't give you your own holiday.

Happy birthday Mr. President:

George-Washington-9524786-1-402.jpg

I'm sorry that our country isn't respectful enough of your great achievements that we couldn't give you your own holiday.

They both previously had their own days, and it was actually their days that were combined into the creation of presidents day. Lincolns birthday to this day in some states is still practiced and recognized on his actual birthdate.

Washington's Birthday was celebrated on February 22nd until well into the 20th Century. However, in 1968 Congress passed the Monday Holiday Law to "provide uniform annual observances of certain legal public holidays on Mondays." By creating more 3-day weekends, Congress hoped to "bring substantial benefits to both the spiritual and economic life of the Nation."

One of the provisions of this act changed the observance of Washington's Birthday from February 22nd to the third Monday in February. Ironically, this guaranteed that the holiday would never be celebrated on Washington's actual birthday, as the third Monday in February cannot fall any later than February 21.

Contrary to popular belief, neither Congress nor the President has ever stipulated that the name of the holiday observed as Washington's Birthday be changed to "President's Day."

Lincoln's Birthday is a legal holiday in some U.S. states, including Arizona, California,[1] Connecticut,[2] Illinois,[3] Indiana,[4] Missouri, New Jersey, and New York. It is observed on the anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth on February 12, 1809.

In other states, a celebration of Lincoln's birthday is combined with a celebration of Washington's Birthday or as part of Presidents' Day. These celebrations occur on the same day as the Federal holiday, the third Monday of February, and not on Washington's or Lincoln's actual birthday.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
They both previously had their own days,

I remember it well.

and it was actually their days that were combined into the creation of presidents day. Lincolns birthday to this day in some states is still practiced and recognized on his actual birthdate.

Yet their great achievements didn't get them their own national holiday like the communist I pointed out a few posts ago did.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Happy birthday President Lincoln. If you were only here today you'd tell the sexual anarchists "No, killing the unborn and engaging in immoral behavior is NOT a states right."

everready

Absolutely not. Abraham Lincoln was one of the most wicked men in American history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zy9D-0IkQM

And I'm getting freaking sick of all of the "Saint Abe is with the Lord" CRAP. Yes, I hope he got saved and is living in heaven. For that matter, I hope that for Adolf Hitler too. I don't WANT anyone to go to Hell. But all this nonsense about Abe somehow being "Christian" because of his "good works" (which aren't even real, the man was a mass murdering kidnapper and tyrant) are just absurd. Abe quoted the Bible as a manipulation technique, but he didn't actually believe it.

Get 50 Years In The Church Of Rome it will explain things about Lincoln we weren't told.

As a child, Chiniquy memorized scriptures at his mother's knee and developed a deep love for God. Becoming a priest, he wanted desperately to place full trust in his "church", but was hit by waves of doubt as his "church" claimed adherence to the Gospel, yet violated it at every turn. His jealous superiors falsely accused him, but Abraham Lincoln, a young lawyer from Illinois, defended him and saved his reputation. Chiniquy proves that it was the Jesuits who later killed Lincoln, and explains why.

Finally, after twenty-five years as a priest in the Roman Catholic Church, his bishop demanded that he give up his precious Bible, and pledge blind obedience to the "church. After a dark night of struggle, he emerged gloriously saved, and led almost the entire Catholic population of St. Anne, Illinois to trust in Christ alone. Here is the finest work ever written to show, from the inside, what Catholicism really is. You will feel Chiniquy's broken heart for Catholics, even as he clearly refutes Catholicism's errors. Now, abridged from the 1886 edition, it is even more readable than before!

Here's a free copy

http://www.biblebelievers.com/chiniquy/index.html

everready

drbrumley

Happy birthday President Lincoln. If you were only here today you'd tell the sexual anarchists "No, killing the unborn and engaging in immoral behavior is NOT a states right."

Yep he would say that....NOT!!!!!

But he did say this. Suck on this lollipop bro.

“Free them [blacks] and make them politically and socially our equals? My own feelings will not admit of this . . . . We can not then make them equals.” (CW, Vol. II, p. 256).

“There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people, to the idea of an indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races” (CW, Vol. II, p. 405).

“What I would most desire would be the separation of the white and black races” (CW, Vol. II, p. 521).

“I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races . . . . I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong, having the superior position. I have never said anything to the contrary.” (CW, Vol. III, p. 16).

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races . . . . I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people . . .” (CW, Vol, III, pp. 145-146).

“I will to the very last stand by the law of this state, which forbids the marrying of white people with negroes.” (CW, Vol. III, p. 146).

“Senator Douglas remarked . . that . . . this government was made for the white people and not for negroes. Why, in point of mere fact, I think so too.” (CW, Vol. II, p. 281).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, get the book yourself..

I'm not impressed with out of context quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Happy birthday President Lincoln. If you were only here today you'd tell the sexual anarchists Paulbots "No, killing the unborn and engaging in immoral behavior is NOT a states right."

drbrumley

I'm not impressed with out of context quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Happy birthday President Lincoln. If you were only here today you'd tell the sexual anarchists Paulbots "No, killing the unborn and engaging in immoral behavior is NOT a states right."

:rotfl: That's funny when every single quote is complete with citations. We all can see your in denial...but that is ok. Someone has to be.

I'm not impressed by your lack of objectivity.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl: That's funny when every single quote is complete with citations. We all can see your in denial...but that is ok. Someone has to be.

I'm not impressed by your lack of objectivity.

So Lincoln didn't think that slaves were ready to hold political office or vote people into political office.

What's your point?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
As a voluntarist, asking who the best President is is kind of like asking me which mafia boss is the least bad. With that said, Martin Van Buren, John Tyler, Grover Cleveland, and Calvin Coolidge (This is not an exhaustive list) are all good examples of Presidents who were comparatively decent and mostly left the economy alone and didn't go looking for fights. Lincoln's Presidency is characterized by mass murder through war, kidnap and indefinite detention of critics of the government, creation of a central bank, creating the income tax, slavery (conscription) and the like. Why any "conservative" or otherwise small government supporter would ever admire him is inexplicable.
Who said that the South wouldn't rise again?

Lincoln was never considered to have been a great president during his lifetime and it is doubtful that he would have been re-elected if Sherman had not captured Atlanta.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who said that the South wouldn't rise again?

Lincoln was never considered to have been a great president during his lifetime and it is doubtful that he would have been re-elected if Sherman had not captured Atlanta.

I think that Lincoln's assassination played a rather large part when it came to any re-election plans. (Liberals, they always make fools of themselves when it comes to American history. I'm surprised that secular humanist jgarden didn't call Lincoln a "deist" like he regularly refers to many of great statesmen of the past).