Habakkuk Prophesied Islamic Terrorism

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Habakkuk was a prophet to the people of Judah concerning Nebuchadnezzar. Habakkuk's prophecy is now history, it happened.

OCTOBER23

Thanks to God and Have-a-cookout

who wrote down the Plans of God

for a future Feasting on the Moslem slain in battle.

REV 10:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice,

saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven,

Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains,

and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses,

and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men,

both free and bond, both small and great.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think this is a prophecy Islamic terrorism :

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the 'appointed time" Habakkuk is referring to? An "appointed time" is a 'set' time. Whenever I see that kind of terminology used in the bible, (Hab. 2:3 and elsewhere), it indicates the end of days or time of the end.

The Hebrew moed just means appointment, God's feast days for Israel were moedim.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Iran, the prophetic Chaldeans in Habakkuk's prophecy, is shi'a and is at war with the sunni ISIS warriors.

Iran is a much bigger threat to the U.S. than ISIS. Iran is supported by Russia which is also a much bigger threat than ISIS.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Strong's H4150

מועדה מעד מועד
mô‛êd mô‛êd mô‛âdâh
mo-ade', mo-ade', mo-aw-daw'

From H3259; properly an appointment, that is, a fixed time or season; specifically a festival; conventionally a year; by implication, an assembly (as convened for a definite purpose); technically the congregation; by extension, the place of meeting; also a signal (as appointed beforehand): - appointed (sign, time), (place of, solemn) assembly, congregation, (set, solemn) feast, (appointed, due) season, solemn (-ity), synagogue, (set) time (appointed).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I didn't find this commentary by Ernest L. Martin until just recently, several years after my own studies of Habakkuk 1. I think it's time to study the rest of the book of Habakkuk. But people are so obsessed with the prophecies and beast of Daniel and Revelation that many prophecies go unnoticed.

Ernest L. Martin said, (1977)

http://www.askelm.com/prophecy/p131001.pdf

"The prophecy of Habakkuk is three chapters long and it is packed with events that occur at the very end of the age, a time just before the Advent of Christ’s Kingdom on earth. This is clear if you read the chapters together as a unit. Habakkuk was written to show people at the very end what would occur in the Middle East. Some of the nations of the Middle East are mentioned, principally the antagonist which is the NeoBabylonian Empire known as the Chaldean people. King Nebuchadnezzar was in charge of these people. We find him mentioned frequently in the last part of the Book of Second Kings. Nebuchadnezzar and his armies destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple around the year of 586 BC."

The word 'God' in all it's forms is mentioned more than 3,000 times in the bible. Habakkuk 1:11 and Daniel 11:38 are the only two places 'God' (Strong's # 433 'elowahh') is used with the prefix and suffix. The word is used of 'any god.'

Of the over 3,000 times the word 'God' is used it's in the plural EXCEPT, in Daniel 11:37-38, Habakkuk 1:11, 2 Chronicles 32:15, and Nehemiah 9:17. There's a reason for this.

Habakkuk 1:5-10 is all about Islamic terrorism and ISIS. The rest of Chapter 1 is about the anti-Christ.

Islamic prophecy states that the Mahdi will return when the region of 'Babylon' is complete chaos. One argument between the Sunni's and Shia's is "who is going to welcome the Mahdi when he returns." Ahmadinejad of Iran believes it's incumbent upon him to bring the region into chaos in order to hasten the Mahdi's return, but ISIS beat him to it. ISIS also believe that Jesus will also return to help them defeat the dajjal or 'Islamic' anti-Christ.

"Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you. For, lo, I raise up the Chaldean's, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwelling places that are not theirs. They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves. Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat. They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand."
__________________________________________________ _______
For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which...

World Domination...
...."shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs"...

Verse 7. They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.

In today's world this is called the power of Islamic fear. They behead people and put it on video. They have a reputation of being feared and dreaded by everyone everywhere they go. Why do you think there's a mass exodus going on in the region. They've made quite a name for themselves. Using ISIL as an example of Jihadist foreign fighters, people know what kind of judgments they pass and the evil they are capable of. When people know ISIL or foreign fighters are coming, they know that abominations like beheadings, and burnings are coming. Their atrocities are numerous. The blew a baby up in a training video, and are having children behead people.

The word 'dignity' means to exalt and uprise. They are haughty and egotistical about their strength and capabilities. It's the power of Islamic fear. "DOMINATION BY ABOMINATION!"

"Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far;"

There's about 20,000 foreign fighters from about 90 different countries fighting to take out Assad. People are flocking to ISIS from all over the world too and I don't care about the numbers but it's probably 30-40 thousand. These are the ones that "come from far."

I don't know how many jihadist groups there are but I know that plenty of them (close to 30) 'specialize' in spreading foreign fighter across the world. I'm sure that this mass exodus was a free ticket to paradise for many of those leaving the Babylonian region. These are the horsemen who, "spread themselves."

..".they shall fly as the eagle that hasteth to eat."

They're bent on on jihad and obtaining it's goals and have spread quickly. You would be surprised how many of them have passports and can "fly. The jihadist that broke the first seal on Sept. 11, 2001 were in an airplane.

"They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand."

"They shall come all for violence":...Enough said!

The East Wind is associated with evil, destruction, falsity.

"their faces shall sup up as the east wind"

Sup up means to do so as a horde or an assembly. Islam is the only religion where it's followers sup their face up to the east even 5 times a day.

The east wind is always associated with evil destructive wind. E. Swedenborg (1688-1772) said, "That wind, and especially the east wind, signifies nothing else than the dispersion of falsities and evils....

ramadan124.jpg

Some of the experts believe that Habakkuk chapter 1 is prophecy fulfilled. But chapter 2 say's...

Habakkuk 2:1-3 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry."

Ernest L. Martin also said,

"When you look at the prophecy, it is packed with information about events regarding these Chaldean invaders upon Judea, the Babylonians at the end of the age, and about a particular man who will lead the Babylonian forces. In fact, he is singled out as an individual. He seems to be very close to the man of sin, or the son of perdition, or as indicated in the Book of Revelation the beast or perhaps the antichrist prophesied in the New Testament to be on the scene at the end of the age. There are ramifications of that here in the Book of Habakkuk, ramifications which include many of the activities of the antichrist."

http://www.askelm.com/prophecy/p131001.pdf
In my view, John of Patmos’s Revelation in the New Testament seems to predict a divine ethnic cleansing that is literal terrorism for the entire world.

And the violent and terroristic Christian militias who kill innocent Muslims in Africa underscore this idea.

When Jesus is depicted as the slaughterer where the level of blood from the unfaithful "reaches to the level of his horse’s bridle for a distance of 200 miles,” this is clearly not the historical figure who walked the dusty roads of Palestine. Patmos’s Jesus, on the other hand, does not walk his talk!

This is clearly not historical. In fact it is a highly metaphoric, theological vision overlaid onto the times of the horrific environment that was a fact during the writing of Revelation. Early Christian communities were being killed and the social, political and religious environment was dislocating the region.

This is when Peter and Paul were killed by the Roman Empire.

In fact the apocalyptic genre in the Bible always appears during a time of tribulation and chaos.

Kind of a “we can’t help things” and so “God must intervene” situation.

My own method of exegesis is to try and discover what a verse or passage in the Bible meant to its original author(s). In this respect, I part ways from traditional Christians these days. A study of history is felt not to be that important, I think. But to me the information and beliefs I have gathered from my study makes my faith deeper, richer and intellectually honest.

But let the reader beware: my spiritual pride too often gets in the way whenever I feel my conclusions are absolutely right... But they cannot be. The ancient past and the present are not like our modern sensibilities might tell us.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Not in Habakkuk 2 (and 12 other places) it doesn't. Most places it doesn't.

Look at it here and here and click on the scripture references where it says, "The KJV translates Strongs H4150 in the following manner:"

When 'time' is used with the word 'appointed' it means a 'set time.' It's apparent by the context when it's translated 'feast.'

Take a look....
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H4150&t=KJV
Just to quickly respond to your studies, it should become common sense that “God’s Word”--or even “God’s words” do not come down to us whole cloth. The different translations and versions of the Bible prove that.

And if in fact our sacred language came fully formed from God’s mouth to our ears, then there would be little use to have a website like TOL. Everything that comes from God cannot be understood apart from a diverse array of human interpretations.

This is true on TOL as well as in the Bible itself.

Foxfire

The scroll "Commentary on Habakkuk" found in the Dead Sea Scrolls offers an interesting perspective of the Late to Post Second Temple influence of Habakkuk on some factions.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Habakkuk 1:5...
"They shall come all for violence: (terrorism) their faces shall sup up as the east wind, (Islamic form of worship) and they shall gather the captivity as the sand." (world domination)

Actually, you quoted Habakkuk 1:9.

Also, not all Muslims are Iranians who are mostly Shai.