Gun laws do not stop illegal guns from entering the Capitol building

marke

A major point made by supporters of the 2nd amendment is that crooks do not obey gun laws. Not only do crooks not obey gun laws, neither do Capitol Hill staffers.

A House aide’s ability to bring a gun into the Capitol complex is raising questions on how a weapon was able to pass unnoticed through a security check that included an X-ray screening.

Jeffrey Allsbrooks, 57, was charged on Friday with four counts related to having an unregistered firearm, which wasn’t discovered by U.S. Capitol Police until after he had entered the complex.

Skeeter

Banned
Stop signs do not violate our constitutional rights the way that so many Democrat fascist gun laws do. Does that answer your dumb question?
That qualifies as a dumb answer. But, thank you for actually engaging in a dialogue. Monologues can be so tedious.

You would acknowledge that our Constitutional rights to free speech, assembly, and even religion can be regulated, right? Under particular circumstances for good reason, right?

The second amendment actually includes the phrase "well regulated." Therefore, regulation of gun ownership and use can be regulated for good reasons.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
That qualifies as a dumb answer. But, thank you for actually engaging in a dialogue. Monologues can be so tedious.

You would acknowledge that our Constitutional rights to free speech, assembly, and even religion can be regulated, right? Under particular circumstances for good reason, right?

The second amendment actually includes the phrase "well regulated." Therefore, regulation of gun ownership and use can be regulated for good reasons.
The 2a also includes “ shall not be infringed”.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
True - the implication is right to arms cannot be infringed arbitrarily ie for no good reason.
You added the word “arbitrarily” that word is not in the constitution. Shall not be infringed is pretty simple the people have a constitutional right to have and own a gun and that shall NOT be infringed.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You added the word “arbitrarily” that word is not in the constitution. Shall not be infringed is pretty simple the people have a constitutional right to have and own a gun and that shall NOT be infringed.
The words "well regulated" are in the Constitution, and those are the words you are pretending aren't in there.

Skeeter

Banned
Read the entire Amendment. Its not long. Note the conditional clause.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
Read the entire Amendment. Its not long. Note the conditional clause.
There are no conditions in “shall not be infringed“ . If we keep going down this road of destroying the context of the constitution for pet agendas we will not be citizens we will become subjects and slaves of the government. Why are folks hell bent on giving up what so many have died to protect I.e. our freedom ? I have read the constitution and the 2a many times. the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Last edited:

marke

Stop signs do not stop cars from rolling right through the intersection. Should we remove them?
I am in favor of removing guns from criminals but not from good people. However, I see no way to remove guns from thugs so gun-grabbing laws that disarm law-abiding citizens and not thugs are unwise.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Stop signs do not stop cars from rolling right through the intersection. Should we remove them?
Yes

If you disagree, you don't care about the children injured by collisions in vehicles that roll through stop signs.

if you cared about the children injured by collisions in vehicles that roll through stop signs, you would push for legislation that every car should be wrapped in 20 ft of bubble wrap and speeds should be restricted to no more than 5 miles an hour.

But you don't care about the children.

Because you're a horrible person.

And a racist

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Guns were well regulated 50 years Ago.
Today's Democrat fascist regulations are unconstitutional.
I would ask if you understand but I know you don't.

There are no conditions in "well regulated," meaning that it is subject to interpretation.

There are some idiots who actually think that the Second Amendment guarantees them the right to keep and bear nuclear weapons. Are you one of them?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I am in favor of removing guns from criminals but not from good people. However, I see no way to remove guns from thugs so gun-grabbing laws that disarm law-abiding citizens and not thugs are unwise.
It's not a problem of removing guns from criminals, marke. It's a problem of removing criminals from society. Capital punishment is a pretty effective way of achieving that.

Yes

If you disagree, you don't care about the children injured by collisions in vehicles that roll through stop signs.

if you cared about the children injured by collisions in vehicles that roll through stop signs, you would push for legislation that every car should be wrapped in 20 ft of bubble wrap and speeds should be restricted to no more than 5 miles an hour.

But you don't care about the children.

Because you're a horrible person.

Excellent! That post gets an award.

marke

There are no conditions in "well regulated," meaning that it is subject to interpretation.

There are some idiots who actually think that the Second Amendment guarantees them the right to keep and bear nuclear weapons. Are you one of them?
Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons in exchange for guarantees from Bill Clinton to protect them from Russia if Russia was to invade. The US and other nations signed the lying Budapest Memorandum with Ukraine and yet Obama refused to honor the agreement when Russia did invade in 2014. Such is the untrustworthy character of leftist democrat liars.