Greetings! New Member here.

Daedalean's_Sun

I am new here. My goal here is to teach as well as to learn. My outlook on life and the universe is based largely on rationalism, skepticism and science.

I am curious though, how does one upload a custom avatar?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL.

Go to the User CP screen. Click on edit avatar. It should give you direction there.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL.

You can't have a custom avatar until you show that you are going to be a regular poster.

I'm thinking that your post count has to reach 50, but I'm not sure about that amount. Could be less.

I'll go check out the rules and find out for you.

**edit**
50 is the correct amount.

After you have made 50 posts, you can have a custom avatar.

Or, you could become a subscriber to TOL (for a fee) right now and could have a custom avatar right now.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am new here. My goal here is to teach as well as to learn. My outlook on life and the universe is based largely on rationalism, skepticism and science.

I am curious though, how does one upload a custom avatar?
Welcome to TOL. Here at TOL we get our fair share of spammers, trolls, and folks that are just interested in promoting their own website. Therefore new members have to go through the proving ground before they are given all the features that everyone else on TOL has.

Here is a quick rundown of all the different user levels and functionality.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318

Daedalean's_Sun

Welcome to TOL.

You can't have a custom avatar until you show that you are going to be a regular poster.

I'm thinking that your post count has to reach 50, but I'm not sure about that amount. Could be less.

I'll go check out the rules and find out for you.

**edit**

Or, you could become a subscriber to TOL (for a fee) right now and could have a custom avatar right now.

Thanks for the info.

The Bishop

Hello anyone and everyone, whomsoever may be seeing this...just signed up as member. Don't know what to expect. But then, I never know what to expect of hardly anything! Is anybody out there encouraged about this upcoming presidential election? Our choices? Seen any good movies? Read a great book. Hike a good hill...et a good meal?

Daedalean's_Sun

Hello anyone and everyone, whomsoever may be seeing this...just signed up as member. Don't know what to expect. But then, I never know what to expect of hardly anything! Is anybody out there encouraged about this upcoming presidential election? Our choices? Seen any good movies? Read a great book. Hike a good hill...et a good meal?

I've Hiked Red River Gorge in Kentucky and Pictured Rocks in Michigan. Simply beautiful! :jawdrop:

Daedalean's_Sun

Welcome to TOL.

Hmmm....still can't upload custom avatar. And I had one all picked out.

:cry:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to the Theology club, The Bishop. Make sure you read the rules there before posting. ;)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hmmm....still can't upload custom avatar. And I had one all picked out.

:cry:

From the link Knight posted for you:

User MUST:
· Have at least 50 posts on TOL
AND
· Have been a TOL member for at least 14 days

If the above conditions are met the user will automatically be promoted to the Registered PLUS level

You can become a subscriber though and get that privilege now - see the link:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am new here.

We've met.

My goal here is to teach as well as to learn.

Based on our first meeting, I would say that you should concentrate on learning about Christianity. There are plenty of good Christian conservative people here that can teach you about it.

My outlook on life and the universe is based largely on rationalism, skepticism and science.

I'm tyring to recall who it was it that said something similar to that:

"As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. Europe has always been the cradle of science, and it must always continue to be that way. Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I’m not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic."
Anders Breivik.

Maybe I was thinking of this guy:

"Science is my religion."
Timothy McVeigh

In any event, an official welcome!

Daedalean's_Sun

We've met.

I'm tyring to recall who it was it that said something similar to that:

"As for the Church and science, it is essential that science takes an undisputed precedence over biblical teachings. Europe has always been the cradle of science, and it must always continue to be that way. Regarding my personal relationship with God, I guess I’m not an excessively religious man. I am first and foremost a man of logic."
Anders Breivik.

Maybe I was thinking of this guy:

"Science is my religion."
Timothy McVeigh

In any event, an official welcome!

It is not difficult to find atrocities committed by the adherents of almost every ideology, including yours. You lack perspective, my friend.