Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Great Calls Are Worth Enduring Some Bad Calls

Frilday June 16th, 2006. This is show #120.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
In our debate, Battle Royale X, Dr. Lamerson repeatedly made that point, that if God chose to be good we could not trust Him but we could trust Him because He has no choice. And I think that diminishes the goodness of God. God is righteous because He chooses to be righteous not by the accident of His existence and that He has no choice.
Summary:
* All Czar Cow E-raids: Many Zarqawi followers follow him into death! In the week after we killed Zarqawi, 452 raids, one-third conducted by Iraqis, killed 104 insurgents and saw 759 arrested!
* Clinton Rapist protests were going well in Denver today, giving opportunity for some witnessing and great discussions. However, some democrats, when asked, "What if you knew it were true, that Clinton committed rape?" answered, repeated the common liberal refrain, ""I don't care."
Post Show Note: This evening, Clinton spoke at a private fundraiser in the backyard of a corner house in a posh Denver neighborhood. About thirty feet away, Friends of BEL loudly chanted "Clinton Raped Juanita," about 500 times, during which Clinton said, "Those people yelling represent only one-tenth of one percent of the population," to which Bob Enyart loudly retorted, "And Juanita was only one of 250 million, but you raped her."
* Nathaniel from Denver: Bob challenges his "God gave me..." claim.
* Dan from Denver: Bob challenges his Christian superstitious interpretation of current events.
* Jamie Johnson, general manager of Iowa's KFFF radio, rebukes Dan for his superstitious views.
* David from Boone Iowa questions Bob about whether God is good by happenstance of His existence, or whether God chooses to be good!
Today's Resource: Read Bob's debate about Open Theism against D. James Kennedy's professor Samuel Lamerson! You will absolutely love Battle Royale X, Is the Future Settled, or Open?, or your money back! Read it for free, online at TOL, or purchase the debate in its more comfortable and helpful 240-page manuscript form!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Theoretically could God choose to be otherwise? Could he choose not to be righteous, hypothetically?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Theoretically could God choose to be otherwise? Could he choose not to be righteous, hypothetically?
Yes.

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15​

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
That's what makes God so amazing to me... that He wills righteousness. Imagine a static god that couldn't choose to do otherwise? Why would he be worthy of praise?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
death2impiety said:
That's what makes God so amazing to me... that He wills righteousness. Imagine a static god that couldn't choose to do otherwise? Why would he be worthy of praise?

:up:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Yes.
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15​
yeah hes right.

but still ..

"nope"

*grin*

EDIT: my 'brian lara' post ...

*crickets chirping*

.... five hundred and one people!!!

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.