granite1010's lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
granite1010 said:
The flatness of the earth, of course, being church dogma for years. Odd, that.

Try again junior.

First off, thats Brian Junior Sir to you. :p

All I'm saying is that anyone will follow any evidence, no matter how silly in an effort to maintain their ideology. In its time, you'd have believed in spontaneous generation in your desire to reject your creator. Certain Christians made the same mistake in rushing into conclusions to keep their belief intact. I certainly believe that Satan exists, whether or not he has the capacity or desire to perpetrate such an ellaborate hoax is completely beyond me. However, I can see why people would be willing to believe it. Satan is famous for confusing man.

Granite

Hall of Fame
death2impiety said:
First off, thats Brian Junior Sir to you. :p

All I'm saying is that anyone will follow any evidence, no matter how silly in an effort to maintain their ideology. In its time, you'd have believed in spontaneous generation in your desire to reject your creator. Certain Christians made the same mistake in rushing into conclusions to keep their belief intact. I certainly believe that Satan exists, whether or not he has the capacity or desire to perpetrate such an ellaborate hoax is completely beyond me. However, I can see why people would be willing to believe it. Satan is famous for confusing man.

People were willing to believe it out of desperation and ignorance (and certainly religious folk aren't the only ones susceptible to this; happens all the time to all kinds of people).

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
granite1010 said:
People were willing to believe it out of desperation and ignorance (and certainly religious folk aren't the only ones susceptible to this; happens all the time to all kinds of people).

All I'm sayin is people get things wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.