Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Rep. Governor, Judges & White House at Work

Monday October 25th, 2004. This is show #213.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

[Ann Coulter] said, after 9/11, that we needed to hunt down the terrorists leaders, kill them and convert the Muslims to Christianity. That's a really good recipee for national security. It turns out that the Christian missionaries that our culture so mocks and opposes are actually crucial for the national security of our country.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by granite1010

Why not. Salvation by coercion always works wonders.:rolleyes:
granite, as soon as you decided to spit on the God Who died for you, you began devolving into the attitude of a rebellious teenage juvenile delinquint. There is nothing in that comment by Anne Coulter that suggests salvation by coercion. It would be just like Japan in WWII. We defeated them militarily and now Christianity is freely preached over there. No missionary ever held a gun to anyone's head in Japan and said, "Convert or die." You're an idiot.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jefferson

granite, as soon as you decided to spit on the God Who died for you, you began devolving into the attitude of a rebellious teenage juvenile delinquint. There is nothing in that comment by Anne Coulter that suggests salvation by coercion. It would be just like Japan in WWII. We defeated them militarily and now Christianity is freely preached over there. No missionary ever held a gun to anyone's head in Japan and said, "Convert or die." You're an idiot.

Yeah...and we all know what a Christianized nation Japan has become. Might have something to do with the two cities we incinerated after they tried to surrender.

Coulter's suggestion that we should just "convert them" is naive and simplistic. It's not an overnight thing, and she makes it sound as though it is. There's no domino effect to wiping out a country's leaders and converting the people.

I may be a fool (and cute, accusing me of being a juvenile when you're the one starting the name calling contest), but I'm not a blood thirsty sadistic misogynist, either. I'd rather be a fool than a wannabe stone thrower.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Well granite, if that was your attempt to show how Anne Coulter did indeed advocate salvation by coercion, then you failed miserably.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Actually, she just said "convert" without tossing out any ideas as to how to go about it.

Of course, given Coulter's general attitude... :chuckle:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
It would be just like Japan in WWII. We defeated them militarily and now Christianity is freely preached over there.
And, to the credit of the Japanese, just as freely ignored.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Well granite, if that was your attempt to show how Anne Coulter did indeed advocate salvation by coercion, then you failed miserably.

Jeff, FYI, if you're gonna be Coulter's resident TOL cheerleader, you can at least get the woman's name right.

I agree with Coulter frequently ("Treason" is an excellent read, if you have time or are in between books). I just don't like this particularly ill-advised and ignorant gung ho Gun for Jesus remark.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Jeff, FYI, if you're gonna be Coulter's resident TOL cheerleader, you can at least get the woman's name right.

I agree with Coulter frequently ("Treason" is an excellent read, if you have time or are in between books). I just don't like this particularly ill-advised and ignorant gung ho Gun for Jesus remark.
So are you admitting that she did not advocate salvation by coercion?

Granite

Hall of Fame

So are you admitting that she did not advocate salvation by coercion?

That's the vibe I got from the quote the first time she said it and that's the implication one could draw. From killing leaders to conversion: she doesn't shift gears, she jumps from one point to another. I still say this smacks of salvation at gunpoint.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

That's the vibe I got from the quote the first time she said it and that's the implication one could draw. From killing leaders to conversion: she doesn't shift gears, she jumps from one point to another. I still say this smacks of salvation at gunpoint.
You're slowly becoming Gerald.

One Eyed Jack

Yeah...and we all know what a Christianized nation Japan has become. Might have something to do with the two cities we incinerated after they tried to surrender.

Are you saying Japan tried to surrender before we dropped atomic bombs on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.