Government IDs and Identity Theft

• Yes,

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters

Morpheus

Originally posted by elohiym

Just how much have you evaded paying? I'm sure the homeland insecurity folk monitoring this forum, and your IP address, would like to pass on the information to the IRS.
We all know that domestic snooping is illegal without a warrant. That is why Homeland Security would have to get it from the NSA, who in turn would have to get it from sharing with MI5.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Morpheus

We all know that domestic snooping is illegal without a warrant. That is why Homeland Security would have to get it from the NSA, who in turn would have to get it from sharing with MI5.
Yeah, it figures the Brits were involved somewhere... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
In case anyone hasn't noticed, if one is a citizen one must have an SSN or a US passport number (for which you had to provide the State Department with your SSN) to get a job legally in the U.S. It has nothing to do with paying taxes, the information is collected by the Immigration and Naturalization Service on form IN-9.

Try getting a loan from a mortgage company or bank without your SSN...

Try selling a piece of privately owned rental real estate without providing your SSN...

The SSN is already a de facto national ID. All that remains to make it universal is for some Congress to revoke the seventy year old law prohibiting it from being used that way...

firechyld

Hey guys, if you have a problem with paying Income tax because it is unAmerican and UnConstitutional, stop paying it! If enough people refused to pay income tax, the feds would have to deal with the issue. Unfortunately, most Americans have been conditioned to willfully accept 20% of their weekly earnings be removed from their paychecks because that's just the way it is, it just seems 'normal'.

Revolt!!!!

Please do. I'd finally have a legitemate reason for saying "The Americans are revolting!"

:p

Mustard Seed

Originally posted by firechyld

Please do. I'd finally have a legitemate reason for saying "The Americans are revolting!"

While I don't agree with it. Nice double entendre! Touche aussie.

Let's see...

...now I've got to think of one. This could be fun.

LightSon

Originally posted by cattyfan

I have, upon occasion, refused to give my SSN as an I.D., explaining that it's not issued for the purpose of any old body requesting it. It is for official use only. I won't put it on checks, and I refuse to have it on my driver's license.

Okay,
But if congress makes the SSN an official national ID, then that would kinda make its use as an ID, somewhat, official.

LightSon

Originally posted by firechyld

:chuckle:
There was a similar line in the movie Chicken Run.

Rumor has it that you used to work in the sex industry. What was your role or function?

LightSon

Originally posted by billwald

No because it is to easy to fake unless there is a accessable master file. I suggest chip implants.

chip implants? Good idea.
We could put them in the forehead or better yet, in the hand so it can be easily passed over a checkout scanner. In the long run, a person should not be allowed to buy or sell without it.

Holly3278

No, if they want a national ID then they should use something besides our social security number. It just seems that using our social security numbers would be too risky. I mean it is associated with so many things.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Holly3278 said:
No, if they want a national ID then they should use something besides our social security number. It just seems that using our social security numbers would be too risky. I mean it is associated with so many things.
Being associated with many things is the main point of any "national ID"... ;)