Gods Word Originated From God The Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahelmang

I said
Jesus and God are one in agreement. Jesus prays that we are one with them, in agreement. Read the OP the Word originated from God. The Word had to be given to Jesus. It didn't originate from Jesus.
The word that John refers to is Jesus. When Jesus talks about the word He doesn't mean the same thing.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Right after He says that though, He says God loved Him before the creation of the world. How could this be if Jesus is not eternal like the Father?
“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
John 17:24 NIV

I said
God was alone, so He created Jesus to have someone to love. Then God created everything else for Jesus. So Jesus would have someone to love.

Col 1:15
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(NKJ)

When you see where God created everything through Jesus. The word through means "reason for".

dahelmang

I said
God was alone, so He created Jesus to have someone to love. Then God created everything else for Jesus. So Jesus would have someone to love.

Col 1:15
15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(NKJ)

When you see where God created everything through Jesus. The word through means "reason for".
It says He was firstborn over all creation. That is His position. It does not mean He was created. If Jesus had been created He would not have claimed to be God. Yet this He did several times. For example:
But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
Mark 14:61*-‬62 NIV
Now we Christians may not immediately understand "Son of Man" and "coming on the clouds of heaven", but it was at this point the High Priest decided Jesus had blasphemed. To understand why we look at the only other place in Scripture that these phrases are used:
“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
Daniel 7:13*-‬14 NIV
If Jesus is given authority, glory, sovereign power, and worship, how can He be less than God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It says He was firstborn over all creation. That is His position. It does not mean He was created. If Jesus had been created He would not have claimed to be God. Yet this He did several times. For example:
But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

I won't go into all your excuses but Jesus did not say "I am God". This is your own added supposition.

dahelmang

I won't go into all your excuses but Jesus did not say "I am God". This is your own added supposition.
How plainly does He have to state it for you to understand? That's why they killed Him. It was plain enough for the Jews tonunderstand. He was worshipped and did not stop people from worshipping Him, as any angel or the Apostles would have done. He said He is the alpha and the omega, the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven. He is called Emmanuel, God with us. If He were less than God, this would be blasphemy, the very thing the Jews accused Him of.

dahelmang

They don't have to have legit reason to kill Him.

They don't care about the truth.
You're right, they don't have to have a legitimate reason to kill Him. But He corrected them on so many things, why wouldn't He correct them on a supposed misunderstanding? Did He want them to believe He was claiming to be God, but didn't want us to believe the same thing? Why? And why didn't He correct Thomas when he called Jesus "My Lord and my God"? If Jesus wasn't God, this was blasphemy as well.
I just don't understand how you came to this conclusion.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is not inconsistent with the Trinity. Jesus and the Father are one, as they have always been. What is your point?

I said
Your wrong. If God was in Jesus that means Jesus was not God. If God could leave Jesus that would mean that Jesus is not God. And God left Jesus to die on the cross.

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

dahelmang

I said
Your wrong. If God was in Jesus that means Jesus was not God. If God could leave Jesus that would mean that Jesus is not God. And God left Jesus to die on the cross.

Mark 15:34
34And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)
That is a mysterious event, but your logic is faulty. Those ideas do not connect.
Besides, Jesus has been called God since the Old Testament:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 NIV
And don't forget the name Emmanuel means God with us, which is exactly what Jesus was.
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:14 NIV

Status
Not open for further replies.