God's 7000 year plan.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I said He accepted the Spirit (which was at His baptism) and those born of the Spirit still have flesh, at least until they die.

Which is the opposite of what Jesus said.

Those born of Spirit have an incorruptible body.

The incorruptible body does not age and is impervious to illness or injury.

Flesh bleeds, Spirit does not bleed.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Which is the opposite of what Jesus said.

Those born of Spirit have an incorruptible body.

The incorruptible body does not age and is impervious to illness or injury.

Flesh bleeds, Spirit does not bleed.

Believe me, your body is still perishable and will bleed even if you have the Holy Spirit, Jesus said:

John 3
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit. Being born again means receiving the Holy Spirit.

Peter also said this:

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable SEED, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

But of course we still have our perishable bodies till the day we die and then that SEED (which is the Holy Spirit) is SOWN so that at the Resurrection we will receive our imperishable bodies as Paul says:

1 Corinthians 15:42
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is SOWN is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 3 it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man. 50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 or the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”h

marhig

Believe me, your body is still perishable and will bleed even if you have the Holy Spirit, Jesus said:

John 3
5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit. Being born again means receiving the Holy Spirit.

Peter also said this:

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable SEED, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

But of course we still have our perishable bodies till the day we die and then that SEED (which is the Holy Spirit) is SOWN so that at the Resurrection we will receive our imperishable bodies as Paul says:

1 Corinthians 15:42
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is SOWN is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 3 it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man. 50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 or the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”h

You are right about the Holy Spirit.

But 1 Corinthians 15 is also talking about the here and now, about the coming of Christ now into our hearts, once we receive the Spirit and are born of God, then we are clothed from on high we are changed and brought from death to life, mortality swallowed up by immortality we are the perishable but we are clothed with the imperishable which is the life of Christ by the power of the Spirit. Our old man dead and we are a new man walking in the Spirit, no longer in darkness. Quickened and raised with Christ, a new creature. Death is swallowed up by victory. We are no longer dead, but alive in God through Christ Jesus who helps us through the Spirit to overcome this world of sin and death and the works of the flesh. We die so Christ can live through us, and we then bare the image of the heavenly man, which of Christ in and through us as we walk in the Spirit.

There is a natural and a spiritual, Jesus has come naturally, now he comes spiritually into the hearts of those who belong to him, bringing them from darkness into the light of God, from death to life. Making them a new creation as their hearts change to be more like his by the power of the Spirit who quickens them, guides them and teaches them in the truth and helps them to put to death their old life in the flesh and they care not for this world anymore, but their will is to please God and live by his will.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You are right about the Holy Spirit.

But 1 Corinthians 15 is also talking about the here and now, about the coming of Christ now into our hearts, once we receive the Spirit and are born of God, then we are clothed from on high we are changed and brought from death to life, mortality swallowed up by immortality we are the perishable but we are clothed with the imperishable which is the life of Christ by the power of the Spirit. Our old man dead and we are a new man walking in the Spirit, no longer in darkness. Quickened and raised with Christ, a new creature. Death is swallowed up by victory. We are no longer dead, but alive in God through Christ Jesus who helps us through the Spirit to overcome this world of sin and death and the works of the flesh. We die so Christ can live through us, and we then bare the image of the heavenly man, which of Christ in and through us as we walk in the Spirit.

There is a natural and a spiritual, Jesus has come naturally, now he comes spiritually into the hearts of those who belong to him, bringing them from darkness into the light of God, from death to life. Making them a new creation as their hearts change to be more like his by the power of the Spirit who quickens them, guides them and teaches them in the truth and helps them to put to death their old life in the flesh and they care not for this world anymore, but their will is to please God and live by his will.

This is all 'spiritual'. Our bodies do not changes at the moment of belief nor when we receive the Holy Spirit. We all bleed to the day we die. For Christians who also receive the Holy Spirit it only means that they are sealed in Christ and in God, and even if a Christian is sanctified to the 'max' they still have a body that bleeds. We wait for the Resurrection of the dead that are in Christ (and there are two resurrections at that). It is only at the Resurrection that we will put on our incorruptible bodies.

marhig

This is all 'spiritual'. Our bodies do not changes at the moment of belief nor when we receive the Holy Spirit. We all bleed to the day we die. For Christians who also receive the Holy Spirit it only means that they are sealed in Christ and in God, and even if a Christian is sanctified to the 'max' they still have a body that bleeds. We wait for the Resurrection of the dead that are in Christ (and there are two resurrections at that). It is only at the Resurrection that we will put on our incorruptible bodies.

The holy Spirit should be changing our hearts. If we are sealed in Christ, then that means we have put on the incorruptible which is Christ, and Christ won't let satan overcome us as long as we walk in the Spirit and live by the will of God. The only way we will be enticed is if we turn back and lust after the world and our flesh again.

Can you not see that we are dead before we receive the Spirit? And then we are brought to life, risen with Christ. It doesn't happen at the moment of belief, but we start to change when God blesses us with his Spirit.

I'm a different person to what I was before I truly knew God. That person is dead, I'm changed completely. So much so that even my daughter said that I'm totally changed and I'm not the she person I used to be. God has changed my heart completely, and where I used to put myself first, and love my life and build up in the world and be filled with the works if the flesh. I now want to please God first and those things mean nothing to me. God has changed my heart. And the only way this is possible is through Christ by the power of the Spirit helping us to overcome.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The holy Spirit should be changing our hearts. If we are sealed in Christ, then that means we have put on the incorruptible which is Christ, and Christ won't let satan overcome us as long as we walk in the Spirit and live by the will of God. The only way we will be enticed is if we turn back and lust after the world and our flesh again.

Can you not see that we are dead before we receive the Spirit? And then we are brought to life, risen with Christ. It doesn't happen at the moment of belief, but we start to change when God blesses us with his Spirit.

I'm a different person to what I was before I truly knew God. That person is dead, I'm changed completely. So much so that even my daughter said that I'm totally changed and I'm not the she person I used to be. God has changed my heart completely, and where I used to put myself first, and love my life and build up in the world and be filled with the works if the flesh. I now want to please God first and those things mean nothing to me. God has changed my heart. And the only way this is possible is through Christ by the power of the Spirit helping us to overcome.

That is a change of your heart that has come from your faith in Christ and or receiving the Spirit and or being sanctified but your body has not been made incorruptible just yet! At the resurrection it will be. You will receive a body Just like Christ had after his resurrection and that is what Paul and Peter where explaining.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We must be begotten of the Spirit before we are born of the Spirit.

Jesus was flesh when he died and is the first born of the dead.

Spirit is invisible and immortal. (1 Corinthians 15:53)