God is not a Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, But you have not answered why all the Trinitarian translations have rendered Psalm 8:1 O LORD our Lord. You hide behind your supposed superior translation and claim that your interpretation must be correct because you are reading this in the original language. But your translation does not agree with everyone else.

Kind regards
Trevor

None of the translators use Yahweh in lieu of LORD, either.

Trying to justify your lack of scriptural study fortitude is getting really pathetic, Trev...

Apple7

I have suggested two reasons why I reject your imposing the Trinity into Psalm 8:1. The first is that it is a Hebrew idiom or unique language concept, that is, an emphatic singular. The second that it is prophetic of He who will be rulers. I prefer the second, but I suggest that the 20 or more translators are suggesting the first. NONE of them have endorsed your view.

Where is your verifiable reference?

But Jesus was made in the image and likeness of God his Father when he was conceived and born Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:21, John 1:14.

No words rendered as 'image & likeness' are in those passages...

Apple7

Psalm 8 is one of the most quoted OT Scripture in the NT.

Show us...

Perhaps you should consider Hebrews 2 and 1 Corinthians 15 and see how this Psalm is fulfilled. David’s victory over Goliath was a foreshadowing of the greater victory over the flesh, when Jesus crucified the flesh and overcame sin in all its manifestations.
I believe that El Shaddai represents the Strength of the Powerful Ones, and indicates that God the Father, Yahweh, El, is the power or strength behind the angels that visited Abraham, and Abraham witnessed their strength to sustain, to help, and if necessary bring judgement on the wicked.
As I stated before I was introduced to some of these concepts when I was 19, and I am a bit older now. I am very reticent to accept the word “morphs” as it implies to me that God the Father changes and becomes something else. I believe that God the Father has a Son, the Son of God, not God the Son. Thus Exodus 3:14 is “I will be”, not “I AM”. I have already mentioned that Ehyeh is translated as “I will be” in Exodus 3:12 in the KJV, and in Exodus 3:12 and 14 by Tyndale, and Exodus 3:14 margins of the RV and RSV. You are a Hebrew scholar and could check this with your knowledge of the original languages, but you want to maintain your Trinitarian bias when it suits your cause. I also drew attention to the association of the future aspect of the Name Yahweh with the future deliverance of Israel out of Egypt and their inheritance of the land in Exodus 6:1-8.

Where is your verifiable reference?

Apple7

The immediate revelation of God’s future deliverance associated with the Yahweh Name is fulfilled when Yahweh, He will become is fulfilled and Moses says “He has become our salvation”:
Exodus 15:1-3 (KJV): 1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

As already discussed Yahweh is a man.

That means He was in human form in the OT.

That is how the prophets were able to see Him and speak with Him.

Simple enough concept to understand.....even a child can grasp that one, Trev...

Apple7

Yes Hosea 12:4 identifies that Jacob wrestled with an Angel, and I have already shown that the word Elohim is applicable to both Angels and Judges because they represent Yahweh and act and speak on Yahweh’s behalf.

Kind regards
Trevor

Not when Yahweh is present with them to begin with.

CherubRam

As already discussed Yahweh is a man.

That means He was in human form in the OT.

That is how the prophets were able to see Him and speak with Him.

Simple enough concept to understand.....even a child can grasp that one, Trev...

Genesis 6:3
Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Status
Not open for further replies.