ECT God does NOT grant eternal life

Cross Reference

Yeah it is. Why do you think Micheal, Gabriel, and Raphael are male names? It's always been historically known that angels are male by gender. Jesus is a male, the prophets are male, the apostles are male, Adam came first, etc. etc.

God does not deal in femininity. Even He is referred to as 'He'.

The historical churches from Greece to Rome will tell you the same exact thing.
Sorry :wave:

Angels have no sex organs. That should satisfy the issue whatever they are.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Angels have no sex organs. That should satisfy the issue whatever they are.

Their gender is male.

In this current age, society has been made to try and make things 'fair' for women, even insofar as saying God is feminine. It's all a bunch of nonsense- but notice nobody has any qualms with referring to Satan as 'he' :rolleyes:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven."

How are the angels in heaven?

Jesus said we will be like the angels in heaven, neither male nor female.

Angels were not meant to reproduce themselves. There is no record of anyone being the son of an angel.
No record aside from Genesis 6 and Numbers 13.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Angels have a 'perfect will' in which, once they make a decision, they do not back out of it. It has much to do with the fact that they've seen the height of truth and witnessed the beatific vision. Therefore, there is nothing left to consider other than remaining for eternity or turning away forever.

An interesting idea but there is no biblical support for such a notion. The bottom line is that we are not told in scripture and so it is speculation at best.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Spiritual death is not the spirit of man dying.
Death is not dying - brilliant!

Why be so stubborn? You making that same point. Spiritual death is separation from God, not the cessation of existence.

Two different things. Spiritual death refers to no eternal life in Christ aka dying in one's sins.
No! You are already spiritually dead once you've sinned.

Paul states this explicitly...

Romans 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.​

Up until your spirit leaves your physical body (i.e. physical death) that condition can be remedied by accepting Christ as your savior at which point you are no longer spiritually dead but rather are spiritually alive in Christ.

Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There are many mysteries that are hidden from us. We are not told everything for a reason. It is not necessary to know what is to come after this age in minute detail. Man has always had an opinion about things that are hidden, but no one has ever figured it out.

I agree. The point is that you shouldn't be so quick to throw a topic into the "mystery" bin. So long as you remain intellectually honest about what is fact and what is speculation, there is a great deal that can be gleened from scripture that is not readily appearant without an intentional exploration into things that we do not yet know and that are hidden from those who don't bother to look hard enough.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's always been historically known that angels are male by gender.

It's always been historically known that typically males are able to generate life.

Christ was able to generate life so he would qualify as male. However he is the first and last male in the Spirit dimension.

Jesus Christ is the last Adam.

For those in Christ there is neither male nor female nor is there any need for there to be.

TweetyBird

Death is not dying - brilliant!

Why be so stubborn? You making that same point. Spiritual death is separation from God, not the cessation of existence.

That's what I said. The spirit of man still lives if they are sin and have not physically died.

No! You are already spiritually dead once you've sinned.

Correct, but a person does not have to be dead physically to be dead spiritually. Their spirit still lives.

Paul states this explicitly...

Romans 7:9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.​

Up until your spirit leaves your physical body (i.e. physical death) that condition can be remedied by accepting Christ as your savior at which point you are no longer spiritually dead but rather are spiritually alive in Christ.

Ephesians 2:1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,​

Resting in Him,
Clete

I never said anything different than that. You were just not paying attention.

TweetyBird

I agree. The point is that you shouldn't be so quick to throw a topic into the "mystery" bin. So long as you remain intellectually honest about what is fact and what is speculation, there is a great deal that can be gleened from scripture that is not readily appearant without an intentional exploration into things that we do not yet know and that are hidden from those who don't bother to look hard enough.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

If it were that clear, there would not be the debate over dispy and MAD and other beliefs about the end times/days. Eschatology is a mystery. Lots of people have opinions and extensive theories, but it is still a mystery. What is clear is the Gospel itself and how to live for Christ and to wait for His return. He is not going to blindsided by the wrong theology on it :think:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That's what I said. The spirit of man still lives if they are sin and have not physically died.

Correct, but a person does not have to be dead physically to be dead spiritually. Their spirit still lives.

I never said anything different than that. You were just not paying attention.

You just did say something different than that! I am perfectly capable of reading and what you said what directly quoted immediately before I responded.

Look, do not say another word until you explain why you refuse to alter your vernacular in order to more clearly communicate the point you are attempting to make?

Why insist on using language that forces you to say seemingly contradictory things such as what you said above, "a person does not have to be dead physically to be dead spiritually. Their spirit still lives"?

A person cannot be both spiritually alive and spiritually dead at the same time! You are simply meaning that "their spirit still exists". WHY NOT SAY IT THAT WAY?

Seriously! Why? I do not understand why you want to be intentionally confusing.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If it were that clear, there would not be the debate over dispy and MAD and other beliefs about the end times/days.
First of all this whole idea isn't true. People debate whether Jesus existed. People debate whether Jesus was God. People debate whether homosexuality is a sin. People debate whether anyone will go to Hell (including Satan himself!). People debate everything under the sun whether its clear or not. People are generally pretty thick headed and the bible is an equally thick book.

Secondly, not every doctrine that is true is as clear as the noonday sun, either. Some things you have to actually put some effort into in order to understand or to even notice.

Eschatology is a mystery.
Much of it is, yes, but not all of it. There is a reason God put eschatological stuff in the bible. It isn't written in code.

Lots of people have opinions and extensive theories, but it is still a mystery.
Again, some of it is and some of it is not. All you have to do is read it. It's not half as complicated as many make it out to be. What is clear is clear and what isn't might be gleanable and might remain cloaked in mystery. You'll never know which is what unless you assume that it at least possible to glean something and then make the effort to do so.

What is clear is the Gospel itself and how to live for Christ and to wait for His return.
He is not going to blindsided by the wrong theology on it :think:
As if there is no debate about what the gospel is and how we are to live as Christians and as if there is nothing at all mysterious about the gospel.

And what's more is that this website exists and you are presumably here to debate doctrine! If you're so content call everything that isn't the gospel itself a mystery that we don't need to solve, what are you even doing here in the first place?

TweetyBird

You just did say something different than that! I am perfectly capable of reading and what you said what directly quoted immediately before I responded.

Look, do not say another word until you explain why you refuse to alter your vernacular in order to more clearly communicate the point you are attempting to make?

Why insist on using language that forces you to say seemingly contradictory things such as what you said above, "a person does not have to be dead physically to be dead spiritually. Their spirit still lives"?

A person cannot be both spiritually alive and spiritually dead at the same time! You are simply meaning that "their spirit still exists". WHY NOT SAY IT THAT WAY?

Seriously! Why? I do not understand why you want to be intentionally confusing.

I said nothing about being spiritually alive. I said if one is spiritually dead, they are unsaved aka still in sin. A spirit does not die. Do you see a difference?

TweetyBird

First of all this whole idea isn't true. People debate whether Jesus existed. People debate whether Jesus was God. People debate whether homosexuality is a sin. People debate whether anyone will go to Hell (including Satan himself!). People debate everything under the sun whether its clear or not. People are generally pretty thick headed and the bible is an equally thick book.

I was referring to eschatology, which I stated. You are adding more into it now. The discussion is about end times. Don't move the goal posts.

Secondly, not every doctrine that is true is as clear as the noonday sun, either. Some things you have to actually put some effort into in order to understand or to even notice.

You are off on another tangent.

Much of it is, yes, but not all of it. There is a reason God put eschatological stuff in the bible. It isn't written in code.

It's a mystery. We are told that Jesus will come on the clouds of glory, a shout, and trump. All eyes will see Him and every knee shall bow and worship Him as Lord of lords. He will come down to the Mt of Olives. Other than that, the rest is a mystery. It's human nature to wonder about it all of course, but the temptation is to dig around and see what else people can theorize about it and claim that they have the truth. Nothing new under the sun.

Again, some of it is and some of it is not. All you have to do is read it. It's not half as complicated as many make it out to be. What is clear is clear and what isn't might be gleanable and might remain cloaked in mystery. You'll never know which is what unless you assume that it at least possible to glean something and then make the effort to do so.

I do read it and no it's not complicated for me, but neither is it detailed out to the extreme that people keep forcing into the text. I like the mystery of it. I want to be surprised when He returns, not have egg on my face :stuck:. Jesus said to be ready, He did not say keep trying to figure it out. He said, NO MAN KNOWS.

As if there is no debate about what the gospel is and how we are to live as Christians and as if there is nothing at all mysterious about the gospel.

Paul was given the mystery of the Gospel which he spelled out quite clearly throughout his letters. It is not his fault that people refuse to accept it and go down the road of speculation twisting and turning the text as they go.

And what's more is that this website exists and you are presumably here to debate doctrine! If you're so content call everything that isn't the gospel itself a mystery that we don't need to solve, what are you even doing here in the first place?

The gospel is not a mystery to me. I am sorry though, if it is for you. :idunno:

Cross Reference

Their gender is male.

In this current age, society has been made to try and make things 'fair' for women, even insofar as saying God is feminine. It's all a bunch of nonsense- but notice nobody has any qualms with referring to Satan as 'he' :rolleyes:

They have no gender. You need to understand the why of that and graduate to the next level in learning about God and why He is Father and why He didn't create Eve outright.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They have no gender. You need to understand the why of that and graduate to the next level in learning about God and why He is Father and why He didn't create Eve outright.

Gender is 'masculine' or 'feminine'- the angels are masculine.

Stop bargaining with contemporary biases :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What scripture are you referring to?

What scripture are you referring to :idunno:

I'm referring to historical orthodoxy. Every angelic name is ascribed to men because that's how they always saw the angels- as masculine.

On the contrary, every female entity has been called a harlot at some point.