Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

I like drinking eggnog. It has nothing to do with worship.

It has more to do with Christmas than pouring out perfume...

Do you drink eggnog in July? No. Because it's a drink associated with the "Holy"daze...it is a part of the festivities and its tradition and intended to enhance it...

I like to sing...do I sing songs like "Hell's bell" in church? Please note context matters.

Something not appropriate is not made ok just because we like to do it...

clefty

Yes... and it seems to be eggnog.

We got jokes now about false worship do we?

Eggnog is only part of it...how about the magic of kissing under the mistletoe? Or the lie about flying reindeers with magic noses and Santa bringing toys...knowing if you are good or bad...just Who is he supplanting?

What was that about hurting the little children? Telling them lies is exactly that...

How about the lie the 3 wise men showed up at the manger? The star hovered over the stable?

Truth is better than fiction...

At least it should be for those wishing to be set free and claiming to seek it...and live AS He did...

Not being a killjoy either...He celebrated festivals and feasts as did those who followed Him His way after He returned to heaven...

There remains for the people of God plenty of festivals...and true reasons to be festive

This of course makes us a peculiar people set apart sanctified in fact...

Certainly not of this world...doing as it does pretending it is for noble reasons...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The irony is that what happened that first day of the week just at day break was the tomb was discovered already empty the Angel saying He was risen...

And since the sun had just came up He rose the day before...

According to Luke the Jewish day began at sunset.

6days

clefty said:
We got jokes now about false worship do we?

Eggnog is only part of it..
You are a pharisee.*

Eggnog.....or anything that happened to be on the menu of the celebration feasts in the OT was not the point.*

How about we focus on Jesus....while you worry about the menu.*

Mickiel

Christians have crosses in their churches, on their walls , on their buildings; hey , they wear crosses around their necks, and the bible is clear on not doing that ; its against graven images, yet the Christians are completely blind to graven images. Between their ears , there's nothing there about this graven pagan practice. Stunning ; truly stunning.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[As a reminder Mickiel is number 8 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in the Misc. category. :burnlib:] I don't care what the people here think I am.

:thumb: Then you'll be able to stay on topic (Eph 4:14).
t10502.gif
There is a hell
images
--where you will be going if you do not repent--and Christ mass is irrelevant. Next subject...

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
It has more to do with Christmas than pouring out perfume...

Do you drink eggnog in July? No. Because it's a drink associated with the "Holy"daze...it is a part of the festivities and its tradition and intended to enhance it...

I like to sing...do I sing songs like "Hell's bell" in church? Please note context matters.

Something not appropriate is not made ok just because we like to do it...
Would you avoid horchatta due to its unfortunate name.

clefty

You are a pharisee.*
why? because I love His Law? Was David a Pharisee? I am however not a king either..lol

Eggnog.....or anything that happened to be on the menu of the celebration feasts in the OT was not the point.*
you would be surprised...it is not "there is the pig come to take away the sins of the world" is it? And for a reason...

How about we focus on Jesus....while you worry about the menu.*

How about it?...and how He said you would make it man's traditions < His Law.

Do as He did He said...

clefty

Christians have crosses in their churches, on their walls , on their buildings; hey , they wear crosses around their necks, and the bible is clear on not doing that ; its against graven images, yet the Christians are completely blind to graven images. Between their ears , there's nothing there about this graven pagan practice. Stunning ; truly stunning.

Adding insult to injury they actually blame Him for it...

Check out the CCC 2131

"Because He became incarnate He introduced a whole new economy of images..."

So because He became flesh He voided a Law of His Father...

Mickiel

:thumb: Then you'll be able to stay on topic (Eph 4:14).
t10502.gif
There is a hell
images
--where you will be going if you do not repent--and Christ mass is irrelevant. Next subject...

Hey, hell is just another Christian myth , that threat does not work on me, I am not bound by the weights of religion and its cages it attempts to trap the fearful minded in. I am free! There is absolutely nothing your religion can do to me. Your precious Christianity cannot hurt me.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[If it's truth you're looking for then celebrate in the fall when he was born.] Naw...no need to celebrate His bday on a specific date...
Or don't celebrate anything.
drool.gif
Your choice Ro 14:5
And certainly not with all the other stuff like Christmas Ham...can you imagine?

"Hey baby Jesus Happy birthday on what was mithra's solstice party...here is some ham you can eat next to the tree we cut and brought inside to decorate with gold and silver...if you were good a man dressed in red will reward you with earthly riches...have some sugar and alcohol..."
*Soapbox moment over* Je 10:1-16, Mt 15:16-20

Mickiel

Thread count; day two

Still no biblical support for Christmas, only emotional support. Which is proof that emotions are stronger than scripture in religion. There can be no other conclusion; religious emotions can create doctrines and holy days. So it is with religion , so it is with Christianity

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Hey, hell is just another Christian myth...
Hey,
horse.gif
hay is for horses. :freak:
...that threat does not work on me...
Good luck with that (Pr 9:10). :juggle:
...I am not bound by the weights of religion...
:dizzy:

See:

Our Thoughts, Part 1 by Charles Stanley

Didn't you say that you didn't care about what others think? You know where you're going (Matt. 8:29–33). :burnlib: If you don't care about what others think, why are you working so hard to bring them along with you? :idunno: 1 Tim. 4:1

...and its cages it attempts to trap the fearful minded in.
You have no fear, remember? Pr 9:10 I have no fear, either (Re 12:11). There's just one difference between us. I'm going to heaven :straight: and you're going to hell. :burnlib:
I am free!
For now you're free (Heb 11:25).
drunk_walk-2125.gif
Drink up.
stripper.gif
Fornicate on. :listen: This life is the best you'll ever know (Lk 16:19-31, Re 22:11).
There is absolutely nothing your religion can do to me.
I don't have a religion to offer you. :AMR: If you'd like one of those, you'll have to head to your headquarters in Rome. :eek:linger: It will be burning soon; so, you'd best be on your way. Re 18:18-19
Your precious Christianity cannot hurt me.
My Lord and Savior can't hurt you? Why don't you tell him that to his face? Zech 14:12, Lk 18:7

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[C]onclusion; religious emotions can create doctrines and holy days. So it is with religion , so it is with Christianity
What do you have against emotions? :idunno: You'll be weeping and gnashing your teeth soon (Lk 13:28).

We love the Lord. :straight: You do not. :reals: 1 Jn 4:19

Mickiel

Hey, :
For now you're free (Heb 11:25). [IMG]http://vananne.com/serpentdove/drunk_walk-2125.gif Drink up.
stripper.gif
Fornicate on. :listen: This life is the best you'll ever know (Lk 16:19-31, Re 22:11).

I do not drink and I have not had sex in over two years. The Christian passion for judging others is so ugly.

This is one reason I don't want to be Christian.