Give ‘em the Silent Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ThePhy said:
From bob b:Yeah, I'll admit that I would expect someone to at least pretend to consider the theory believed by the majority of the scientific community, instead of the strawman Bob E. used. Call them gnats or camels or whatever, the point still stands.

I would judge that the majority of the scientific community has never bothered to investigate all the nitty gritty details that the Big Bang cosmologists are devising. Besides they change the details of the theory every time one turns around so it would be difficult for most scientists to stay current anyway. And furthermore, science is a broad field with many specialties and who has enough time to stay up-to-date on the nitty gritty details of all of them?

I have adopted parts of the Big Bang theory because certain parts agree with scripture and some seem to solve the time scale problem that bothers so many believers, causing them to search for compromises by revising their interpretations of scripture to fit the perceived "solid" scientific evidence.

ThePhy

From bob b:
Besides they change the details of the theory every time one turns around so it would be difficult for most scientists to stay current anyway.
If by details you mean the best estimates of the exact values, you are right, just like in every other field where our knowledge is improving. If you mean that the fundamental concepts of the theories are frequently changed, then I disagree. If you think the theories themselves are fundamentally flawed, please be specific and support your claim with something other than vague generalizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.