Gay activist calls for teen's parents to be prosecuted

GFR7

If that's the sum of his outrage he's an idiot.
In his mind, the fact that the teen was not accepted as a self-identifying female is tantamount to murder.

And it is the mind-set now of quite a few activists: Transgender rights are the new big thing (Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are now accepting their 8 year old daughter - a female in every sense - is really a "son".)

GFR7

And it's also not OK to lie, and say you are female when you are a male.
To the activists, it is a lie for the parents to call their son a 'he' when he "self-identifies" as a 'she'.

Notice how the article calls thing young man a 'she', even though there has been no hormone therapy nor surgery. Lunacy.

Transgenderism is activism's new frontier. How dare PureX call me alarmist?

WizardofOz

But we don't know the full story (as with all of GFR7's homophobe alarmist threads) or the full extent of the parent's reaction, so it's impossible to determine if abuse occurred.

If, for example, the parents were using shame and humiliation to try and dissuade the child from this "phase", instead of getting the child professional psychological help, and that shame and humiliation finally drove the child to suicide, there may be real cause for prosecution.

This story isn't really about the child's sexual orientation, it's about possible parental abuse.

I'd say this is about Savage and his anti-Christian alarmist reaction to a tragic event more than about GFR7.

Does Savage have any evidence that abuse occurred?

If not, why speculate about imaginary abuse?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There had to be more going on with this kid prior to taking his life.

PureX

In his suicide letter, he says that his parents did send him to therapy, but they would only send him to Christian therapy that was trying to teach him to change or move past the phase rather than helping equip him to deal with it.

To me this is like the Good Samaritan law. The parents seemed to be trying to help.
I agree. But it also depends on the "therapy" he was being given. If, for sample, the "Christian therapy" involved trying to exorcize the demon of sexual perversion out of the child because real licensed therapists are all "evil liberals", then there may still be an issue of child endangerment. There is a point where even the best intentions of stupid parents are overshadowed by their stupidity.

These instances always depend on the specifics of the circumstances, and those specifics are rarely illuminated in the stores we get from the media. So all they really manage to do is to encourage ignorant people to pass judgments on strangers, in ignorance.

PureX

My threads are neither homophobe nor alarmist. They are taken from real news stories and are about actual issues which are being debated, and ought to be debated.
Your threads are basically just a succession of phony sensationalist "news stories" which do nothing to illuminate actual events, and are instead intended to stir up sanctimonious outrage against anything of a sexual nature that people don't understand, and therefor fear. The media does it to sell advertising. You're doing it just to spread the fear and indignation, I guess. Though why you have chosen this quest for yourself is a mystery to me.

PureX

I'd say this is about Savage and his anti-Christian alarmist reaction to a tragic event more than about GFR7.

Does Savage have any evidence that abuse occurred?

If not, why speculate about imaginary abuse?
There are over 7 billion humans currently living on this planet. And it's estimated that maybe .05% of them are suffering (to some degree) from 'gender identity disorder'. So it's rare, but it happens. And we need to find a reasonable way of treating it.

Shaming and praying and exorcising it away in Jesus' name is not a reasonable way of dealing with it. Nor is undergoing severely disfiguring medical procedures. To the extent that this is an issue for anyone besides those directly involved, this is the question, and the quest: to search for and find reasonable ways of treating such a biological/personality disorder.

Whether or not child abuse occurred in this particular instance isn't particularly relevant to the sexual identity disorder issue itself. But that doesn't stop people with their own pet agendas from trying to use this very unfortunate instance of our failure to effectively respond to this kind of disorder, to their own advantage. Which is why it's in the media. I don't know what the best solution to this kind of disorder would be. But I doubt that jumping on the 'ignoramus, knee-jerk, judgment bandwagon' is it, or is going to help us find it.

GFR7

Wha? Seriously? :liberals:

8?

Brad and Angelina support child John’s decision to self-identify

JoliePItt2.jpg

The Jolie-Pitt family have announced their support for their eight-year-old to self-identify as male.

John Jolie Pitt, who was assigned female at birth, asked to be called by that name, and attracted widespread attention when they appeared on the red carpet for Angelina’s film ‘Unbroken’, wearing a tuxedo and with cropped hair.

The family have for several years shown full support for John’s right to explore their self-identification.

Back in 2010, Angelina Jolie first spoke of John’s self-identification, saying: “She wants to be a boy.. So we had to cut her hair. She likes to wear boys’ everything. She thinks she’s one of the brothers.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/12/2...upport-child-johns-decision-to-self-identify/

PureX

Isn't that exactly what Savage is doing?
Yes. Which is exactly why he should be ignored. He's using a tragedy to push his own agenda. He couldn't care less about the boy or his family or even finding an effective solution to the disorder.

Same goes for the media phonies who sensationalized the story for their own gain.

And the same goes for Christians who would use this tragedy to push their own moral/religious agendas.

rexlunae

Of course it's madness.

Savage is basing his idea on the fact that the parents were not supportive, called him a 'he' rather than a 'she', and took him to Christian counselors.

If your child needs a pediatrician, and you take him or her to a witch doctor and they don't get the care that they need and something bad happens as a result, you could be prosecuted. Seems like, depending on what awareness the parents had of there being a genuine problem, there might be a case to make here. csuguy seems to think that she was "clearly psychologically disturbed", which should mandate real treatment by qualified professionals if true, though I suspect he is referring to the fact that she was transgender rather than the fact that she was suicidal. Still, a real professional would have been likely to give her the help that she needed more than her seemingly transphobic parents.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If, for example, the parents were using shame and humiliation

Defined by whom?

to try and dissuade the child from this "phase", instead of getting the child professional psychological help

Professional psychological help for what? To my understanding, homosexuality, etc. aren't in the DSM anymore, are they?

genuineoriginal

If your child needs a pediatrician, and you take him or her to a witch doctor and they don't get the care that they need and something bad happens as a result, you could be prosecuted. Seems like, depending on what awareness the parents had of there being a genuine problem, there might be a case to make here. csuguy seems to think that she was "clearly psychologically disturbed", which should mandate real treatment by qualified professionals if true, though I suspect he is referring to the fact that she was transgender rather than the fact that she was suicidal. Still, a real professional would have been likely to give her the help that she needed more than her seemingly transphobic parents.

He appears to have been suffering from gender dysphoria, which is classified as a medical disorder by the ICD-10 CM and DSM-5.

He was clearly psychologically disturbed, as proven by his successful suicide attempt.

The Berean

Brad and Angelina support child John’s decision to self-identify

JoliePItt2.jpg

The Jolie-Pitt family have announced their support for their eight-year-old to self-identify as male.

John Jolie Pitt, who was assigned female at birth, asked to be called by that name, and attracted widespread attention when they appeared on the red carpet for Angelina’s film ‘Unbroken’, wearing a tuxedo and with cropped hair.

The family have for several years shown full support for John’s right to explore their self-identification.

Back in 2010, Angelina Jolie first spoke of John’s self-identification, saying: “She wants to be a boy.. So we had to cut her hair. She likes to wear boys’ everything. She thinks she’s one of the brothers.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/12/2...upport-child-johns-decision-to-self-identify/
What nonsense is this? I wonder what will happen when she researches puberty and starts developing a woman's body; breasts, hips, etc...

rexlunae

He appears to have been suffering from gender dysphoria, which is classified as a medical disorder by the ICD-10 CM and DSM-5.

"Gender dysphoria" was actually very specifically chosen verbiage, and a change versus DSM-IV to describe rather than pathologize the condition of severe dissatisfaction with the gender assigned at birth. In fact, DSM-5 stopped referring to it as a "disorder". I don't think there are many people who would dispute that there is a problem of some description. But whereas some people would say that they problem is some moral failing in the inability to conform to an expected gender binary, the DSM goes to great pains to make clear that the problem is merely a conflict between body and mind.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender dysphoria fact sheet.pdf

The World Health Organization's ICD is a bit of a laggard in this change of terminology, but it does not, contrary to your suggestion, classify the condition as a moral failing on the part of the patient.

He was clearly psychologically disturbed, as proven by his successful suicide attempt.

On this, the only disagreement is the pronouns. I'm sure it is reassuring to you to reinforce your understanding of gender as a strict binary by imposing your understanding on those who obviously don't share it.

rexlunae

What nonsense is this? I wonder what will happen when she researches puberty and starts developing a woman's body; breasts, hips, etc...

If you catch it before puberty, you can prevent nearly all of that. That's why it's important to catch transgender kids young where possible.

The Berean

If you catch it before puberty, you can prevent nearly all of that. That's why it's important to catch transgender kids young where possible.

So people can pump them full of drugs so they can stop their bodies from developing naturally? That's just sick and twisted.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

Translation: if you surgically or chemically mutilate the child before he or she hits puberty, you can prevent the nature from running its ordinary course.