ECT Garment of the saints

I.S.I.T.

Some have already been washed, purified and made white being given new garments white and clean; while others are yet to be purified and made white. But some others have already defiled the garments they had earlier been given. Let’s explore the similitude's and the true spiritual meanings of the white garment.

In Exodus 28:41-43 “And thou shalt put them upon Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him; and shalt anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.42 And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach:43 And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute for ever unto him and his seed after him.”

Aaron and his sons are a type and shadow of Christ our High Priest and his anointed sons, who are of that spiritual royal priesthood anointed by the Holy Spirit (holy oil). Notice the Lord said the linen garment was to cover their “nakedness”, and nakedness in scripture is symbolic of sin. (sins being red like scarlet)

Let’s confirm by scripture in Revelation 3:18 “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.”

And so you might ask what this white raiment is? Revelation 19:8 “And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” Some believe we receive these garments after our bodies die and we put off these flesh and blood tabernacles, but I believe the scriptures say otherwise.

The Lord said in Revelation 3:4 “Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.” And also in Revelation 16:15 “Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.” So Jesus said those who were alive were to keep their garments, but from what?

In Jude 1:23 we read “And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.” So clearly some were washed and also given clean garments, but as the Lord said above some had also defiled their garments. When we are born again we are given these new white and clean garments, and just like being born again we are also considered to be like spiritual virgins undefiled.

And that is what Paul was showing here in 2 Corinthians 11:2 “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.” So once given a new white garment it is needful for you to keep your garment clean, and remain undefiled by the ways of the world, and unspotted by the sins of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 9:8 “Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some have already been washed, purified and made white being given new garments white and clean; while others are yet to be purified and made white. But some others have already defiled the garments they had earlier been given. Let’s explore the similitude's and the true spiritual meanings of the white garment.

In Exodus 28:41-43 “And thou shalt put them upon Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him; and shalt anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.42 And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach:43 And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute for ever unto him and his seed after him.”

Aaron and his sons are a type and shadow of Christ our High Priest and his anointed sons, who are of that spiritual royal priesthood anointed by the Holy Spirit (holy oil). Notice the Lord said the linen garment was to cover their “nakedness”, and nakedness in scripture is symbolic of sin. (sins being red like scarlet)

Let’s confirm by scripture in Revelation 3:18 “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.”

And so you might ask what this white raiment is? Revelation 19:8 “And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” Some believe we receive these garments after our bodies die and we put off these flesh and blood tabernacles, but I believe the scriptures say otherwise.

The Lord said in Revelation 3:4 “Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.” And also in Revelation 16:15 “Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.” So Jesus said those who were alive were to keep their garments, but from what?

In Jude 1:23 we read “And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.” So clearly some were washed and also given clean garments, but as the Lord said above some had also defiled their garments. When we are born again we are given these new white and clean garments, and just like being born again we are also considered to be like spiritual virgins undefiled.

And that is what Paul was showing here in 2 Corinthians 11:2 “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.” So once given a new white garment it is needful for you to keep your garment clean, and remain undefiled by the ways of the world, and unspotted by the sins of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 9:8 “Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.

Exactly.

LA

God's Truth

We are to clothe ourselves with Christ. The only way to do that is to obey him.

Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Job 29:14
"I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; My justice was like a robe and a turban.

Galatians 3:27
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Ephesians 4:24
and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

God's Truth

Revelation 16:15 "Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."

When Jesus comes again, we must not be caught in sin, because when he comes he will not come to bear sin.

I.S.I.T.

We are to clothe ourselves with Christ. The only way to do that is to obey him.

Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Job 29:14
"I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; My justice was like a robe and a turban.

Galatians 3:27
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Ephesians 4:24
and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its creator.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Yes, Christ is our righteousness that we are to put on.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

ttruscott

Some have already been washed, purified and made white being given new garments white and clean; while others are yet to be purified and made white.
Some get their robes by being martyred, that is, encouragements did not work for them to become holy...only the purification by suffering, the ultimate discipline of Heb 12:5-11

Notice the Lord said the linen garment was to cover their “nakedness”, and nakedness in scripture is symbolic of sin. (sins being red like scarlet)
If you understand this you might also accept that Adam and Eve were sinful in the garden BEFORE they ate and eating only opened their eyes to their nakedness/sin, not their eating...especially since the word used for nakedness is the same world used to describe the crafty nature of the Serpent's evil!