frugalmom's pick fruitcake SPOTD 11-19-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

frugalmom

Night Elf
Originally posted by Skeptic
Opposition to this ruling makes me sick! :vomit:

It's time to remove all archaic Biblical notions of morality and gender roles from our laws. Efforts to adopt constitutional amendments to make marriage only between a man and a woman should be stopped in the name of separation of church and state. It's time to treat all people with respect and equality under the law, regardless of their gender or sexual preference.

If someone wants to marry their pet dog, let them! Of course, in this case, it might be difficult to decide who gets what in cases of divorce! ;)

People should be able to marry whoever they want, regardless of gender. No harm is done by same-sex marriages. The harm is done by those religious fundies who want to demonize the behavior of others. I'm for trashing "traditional marriage" and expanding the institution to include all consenting adults, regardless of gender. I even think marriage between multiple partners should be allowed. So what if the marriage contract gets a bit complex! It's none of my business, and it's none of yours!

:flamer: :kookoo:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=386414#post386414

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.