From the Let’s Reward Incompetence Department

Arthur Brain

Remember how half the Capitol Police were letting Trump supporters enter the Capitol, and the half were firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children?

Coming to a state near you:
Well, hopefully not a "red state" then...

In April 2018, there were mass firings of staff at RedState, including the managing editor, Caleb Howe.[2] CNN reported that multiple sources claimed that those who were fired were targeted for removal because they were insufficiently supportive of President Trump.[2] One of those writers fired was Patrick Frey, who alleged that all of those fired were "Trump critics". Former RedState founder Erick Erickson also stated that it "seems the dividing line was loyalty to the President".[24]

In January 2019, three senior contributors for RedState resigned, after they noticed that articles for RedState critical about President Trump were not promoted via social media. In an article for TheBulwark.com, Kimberly Ross and Andrea Ruth stated that "it’s hard not to note the irony that Salem Media, a company that targets “audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values,” threw its full support behind Donald Trump, a thrice-married lying philanderer who utilized bankruptcy laws and debt to con tenants and contractors out of their money. Salem now promotes anyone who is pro-Trump, even if those people gleefully flout Christian principles

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Remember how half the Capitol Police were letting Trump supporters enter the Capitol, and the half were firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children?
The Capitol police fired flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children? Actually no, I don't remember that. Can you refresh my memory with video/photos of the Capitol police firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children?

Arthur Brain

The Capitol police fired flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children? Actually no, I don't remember that. Can you refresh my memory with video/photos of the Capitol police firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children?
Yeah, don't recall any of that either...

Derf

Yeah, don't recall any of that either...
Selective amnesia, or did you forget to attend?

whichever the case, why does the “Capitol Police” need to patrol outside the “Capitol”?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

whichever the case, why does the “Capitol Police” need to patrol outside the “Capitol”?
You are the one who made the claim that "Capitol Police...were firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children."

Did you just make that up, or do you have evidence to back it up?

Derf

And why is the Legislative Branch exercising Executive Branch powers in supposedly sovereign States?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
And why is the Legislative Branch exercising Executive Branch powers in supposedly sovereign States?
Why did you make up the claim that "Capitol Police...were firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children"? Do you think that this kind of slander against our Capitol police is a good thing?

Derf

Well, that's odd. I took that link and watched the video, but I hardly saw any "eldery and children." I did see a few women, but women were involved in the violent assault on the Capitol, so I would rather imagine that they frankly deserved a flash bang or two.
So let’s say we call that part a draw. What do you think about the legislature usurping executive power?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Once again, I took your link and watched the video and I saw scarcely few elderly and children. What I did see was a mostly "of age" unruly crowd of aggressive "protestors" who, as we all know, were very violent on that day. They deserved not only what they got, but even more that they didn't get. They thought that with their violence they could stop Vice President Pence and Congress from certifying the election. They thought it was "the Storm" promised by Q. They thought wrong. They thought very wrong.

Arthur Brain

Once again, I took your link and watched the video and I saw scarcely few elderly and children. What I did see was a mostly "of age" unruly crowd of aggressive "protestors" who, as we all know, were very violent on that day. They deserved not only what they got, but even more that they didn't get. They thought that with their violence they could stop Vice President Pence and Congress from certifying the election. They thought it was "the Storm" promised by Q. They thought wrong. They thought very wrong.
And then some...

Derf

So you admit there were elderly and children, few though in number?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So you admit there were elderly and children, few though in number?
In the video, it was said that the few who were there were being moved out. But even then, my point stands that it is false to say, as you did, that "Capitol Police...were firing flash bangs into the crowd of women, elderly and children." That is not just misleading, it is false. And the videos provided from your own links clearly demonstrate that.

Furthermore, no sane person would assert that Capitol police were intentionally targeting "women, elderly and children" with flash bangs. That's just slander on your part, pure and simple.