Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
From "Leave Us Alone" to "We'll Have You Arrested"

This is the show from Tuesday September 1st, 2015

SUMMARY:

Bob & co-host Doug McBurney Roll audio of the homosexual assault on Kim Davis at the County Clerk’s Office in Rowan County Kentucky. And they report on the murder epidemic, and the war on the American Policeman.

* “On God’s Authority”: Bob and co-host Doug McBurney roll audio and report on the hatred for Jesus Christ on display against Kim Davis, Deputy County Clerk in Morehead Kentucky. The homos call for her to be arrested, while she says simply:

I have worked in the Rowan County Clerk’s office for 27 years as a Deputy Clerk and was honored to be elected as the Clerk in November 2014, and took office in January 2015. I love my job and the people of Rowan County. I have never lived any place other than Rowan County. Some people have said I should resign, but I have done my job well. This year we are on track to generate a surplus for the county of 1.5 million dollars.

In addition to my desire to serve the people of Rowan County, I owe my life to Jesus Christ who loves me and gave His life for me. Following the death of my godly mother-in-law over four years ago, I went to church to fulfill her dying wish. There I heard a message of grace and forgiveness and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. I am not perfect. No one is. But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God.

I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision. For me it is a decision of obedience. I have no animosity toward anyone and harbor no ill will. To me this has never been a gay or lesbian issue. It is about marriage and God’s Word. It is a matter of religious liberty, which is protected under the First Amendment, the Kentucky Constitution, and in the Kentucky Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Our history is filled with accommodations for people’s religious freedom and conscience. I want to continue to perform my duties, but I also am requesting what our Founders envisioned – that conscience and religious freedom would be protected. That is all I am asking. I never sought to be in this position, and I would much rather not have been placed in this position. I have received death threats from people who do not know me. I harbor nothing against them. I was elected by the people to serve as the County Clerk. I intend to continue to serve the people of Rowan County, but I cannot violate my conscience.

* And Just to be Clear: Pastor Bob hopes Kim Davis and her legal team will consider having her resume issuing marriage licenses, just not homosexual marriage licenses tomorrow morning. She is so courageously risking so much, Kim might as well not blur her actual and only valid defense and go ahead and make more clear what the truth of the matter is, by doing right and even further risking the consequences.

* Chickens Coming Home to Roost: After the murder of yet another police officer north of Chicago this morning pastor Bob reminds the audience of his predictions in the ‘90’s that the crime epidemic was merely being postponed during that era of mandatory minimum sentences. And here we are a couple of decades later, and the murder rate is soaring again in cities across the country. (Also, find out why the “politicization” of criminal acts is not necessarily hypocritical).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Unfortunately, Kim Davis is another Christian who apparently sees Jesus AS "savior of the world," "born of a virgin," and other phrases of ancient Christian theology. For some strange and curious reason, Christians like to ignore the actual Jesus and his specific teachings.

And Jesus was AGAINST DIVORCE.

Kim Davis has been married multiple times yet still has the temerity to claim that she "must be obedient" yet clearly is not and is clearly a hypocrite unable to recognize and do something about the logs in her own eye.

Jesus spoke out against marriage but also against hypocrisy, judgement of others and he preached against public prayer.

Of course alarmed and defensive believers will quickly insist on their own personal theology and might say things like "Jesus never intended us to....because of this theology" or that theology. Or "Jesus was preaching in the time of "X" which negates all ethical behavior" or whatever. It is blah, blah, blah to me.

The fact is, Jesus said these things or he didn't. You can't have it both ways, guys.

If the world begins to take Jesus seriously and adopts his teachings that apply to us just as they applied to his followers in the first century, we are doomed.

This cultural blip on the radar about Judy Davis should not be taken so darned seriously. Christianity is the most widespread and popular religion in the world.
And just like the gays, too many Christians see themselves as being attacked.

Gays and Christians are actually elites impersonating the oppressed.

And the only attack on Christianity comes from those who see its 21st century expression to be lacking for the times we live in. Muslims and Islams are undergoing the same criticism for they way they too express their beliefs in a global culture.

It's not an attack on Christianity. It's an attack on what grew up after Jesus's crucifixion. It is about its merger with the state violence and terrorism of the Empire of Rome in the 4th century. And it is about the fundamentalistic other-worldliness, hypocrisy, bigotry and patriarchy of both Christianity and Islam.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try engaging in a respectful conversation like an adult.

Your response has no bearing on OP.

We declare God's word, which says homos should be barred from society. The US thinks it knows better. People who side with the Supreme Being over something called the Supreme Court in this matter are always in the right, regardless of how many times they have been married.

So, to engage in "respectful" conversation — something you know nothing about — first you have to first respond to OP rationally.

Care to try again? :up:

lifeisgood

I have always wondered
if
all men were married to men
and
all women married to women,
what would the end result be.