Free Will

Nanja

"Therefore brothers (believers) we have an obligation (responsibility given to us by God), but it is not to the sinful to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature you will die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:12-13

Willfully choosing to submit to God is not salvation by works. It is required by God. It is a choice to be made.

It is not a work of our power. It is not a prideful act. It is a true act of humility.

Humility is a choice and 100 percent required by God.

Calvinism is the biggest attack on God "who is love" straight from the Father of lies.

If God loves me and I know He does. He loves us all. The question is will we share in His love by submitting and loving Him back.

The choosing, humility, obedience, etc. a person does in an unregenerate state is nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6

Rom. 8:7-8
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

God only has Love for His Children Eph. 1:4, His Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25, His Sheep John 10:11,15

Salvation is not an offer to all, but only for those given to Christ of the Father John 17:2; 2 Tim. 1:9.

popsthebuilder

I wrote a whole post to you but I think I deleted it before I posted it!

Anyway, I was wondering how you came to know God? My uncle was an atheist too, and he heard a preacher on a street, he wasn't a mainstream church preacher, he preached the word of God from his heart. And what what he said went right to the heart of my uncle.

Some people hear the word, but others see the life first before they listen. What brought you to God?
Mrs. Mary, I think your inbox is full.

I can't really explain how I came to know of the mercy, longsuffering, and giving nature of GOD.

I can paste a recount of the event here, but would not want to change the focus of this thread anymore.

If it is OK with the original poster, then I will paste it here. It doesn't exactly explain how or why, but is my best attempt at articulating what happened when I thankfully received this gift of faith from GOD.

GT, shouldn't we be more happy that pops is no longer an atheist? It's not what he was before, it's what he is now. And he loves God now.

Luke 15

It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

I'm glad that pops knows God now and that he is lost no more.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

marhig

The choosing, humility, obedience, etc. a person does in an unregenerate state is nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6

Rom. 8:7-8
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

God only has Love for His Children Eph. 1:4, His Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25, His Sheep John 10:11,15

Salvation is not an offer to all, but only for those given to Christ of the Father John 17:2; 2 Tim. 1:9.
That's not the truth, we have a choice when we hear the word of God, to believe it or not, that's why Jesus told the parable of the seed. The seed which is the word, was cast everywhere, but it was only the soft ground that it flourished from, and this is like our hearts. The gospel is preached to everyone, everyone who hears has a chance to know God. But it's only those who have a soft heart and truly believe who take Gods word in and let it sink deep and then when it is ready it is it able to grow and produce fruit.

And God doesn't just love a chosen few, he loves everyone and wants us all back, it's the hardness of our own hearts that separates us from him. It's our flesh that is filthy rags to God, that's why it has to be put to death.

marhig

Mrs. Mary, I think your inbox is full.

I can't really explain how I came to know of the mercy, longsuffering, and giving nature of GOD.

I can paste a recount of the event here, but would not want to change the focus of this thread anymore.

If it is OK with the original poster, then I will paste it here. It doesn't exactly explain how or why, but is my best attempt at articulating what happened when I thankfully received this gift of faith from GOD.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Hi pops :)

I deleted posts the other day, I wonder what else I could do? I'll check again. It will be nice to hear what happened to you :)

beloved57

That's not the truth, we have a choice when we hear the word of God, to believe it or not, that's why Jesus told the parable of the seed. The seed which is the word, was cast everywhere, but it was only the soft ground that it flourished from, and this is like our hearts. The gospel is preached to everyone, everyone who hears has a chance to know God. But it's only those who have a soft heart and truly believe who take Gods word in and let it sink deep and then when it is ready it is it able to grow and produce fruit.

And God doesn't just love a chosen few, he loves everyone and wants us all back, it's the hardness of our own hearts that separates us from him. It's our flesh that is filthy rags to God, that's why it has to be put to death.

Those who are in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8 so they aren't free to please God, because they can't!

marhig

Those who are in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8 so they aren't free to please God, because they can't!
It's those who live by the will of the flesh that cannot please God, so we have to die to self. That doesn't mean that everyone doesn't have a chance to know him. All those who hear the word have a chance to know him. We have a choice to make, believe it or not!

Nanja

That's a LIE!

Mat. 13:38-39
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

God never loved the children of the devil, they were never chosen or loved by the Father, so they are cursed right from the beginning;

As opposed to those He did Love and chose in Christ from the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins and an eternal inheritance
Eph. 1:3-11

Mat. 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

beloved57

It's those who live by the will of the flesh that cannot please God, so we have to die to self. That doesn't mean that everyone doesn't have a chance to know him. All those who hear the word have a chance to know him. We have a choice to make, believe it or not!

Those who are in the flesh can't please God, so they have no freewill choice to do so !

marhig

That's a LIE!

Mat. 13:38-39
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

God never loved the children of the devil, they were never chosen or loved by the Father, so they are cursed right from the beginning;

As opposed to those He did Love and chose in Christ from the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins and an eternal inheritance
Eph. 1:3-11

Mat. 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
So what about those who haven't heard the word of God, and listen to Satan and live by the will of their flesh. Then they hear Gods word , believe, lay down their lives and live by the will of God?

Will God accept them?

Nanja

So what about those who haven't heard the word of God, and listen to Satan and live by the will of their flesh. Then they hear Gods word , believe, lay down their lives and live by the will of God?

Will God accept them?

It's not an audible hearing, but Hearing God's Words which are Spiritual, can only be heard by one is is Born of God.

Those who are not of God, unregenerate, cannot hear, comprehend God's Words.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Nanja

Will God accept them?

God has already accomplished His Work of Saving His Children from Everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God's Will is immutable. Mal. 3:6

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

marhig

It's not an audible hearing, but Hearing God's Words which are Spiritual, can only be heard by one is is Born of God.

Those who are not of God, unregenerate, cannot hear, comprehend God's Words.

John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Jesus didn't preach the gospel to only those who were born of God, he preached the gospel to all the hope of saving as many as he could. And he told his disciples to go and preach the gospel to every creature, not only to those who were born of the spirit. So everyone who hears the gospel has a chance to know the living God.

Only those who are born of the God hear the things of the spirit, but those who hear Gods word have a chance to believe and then through faith and by the grace of God they can be born anew, we must be born anew, our old life gone and born again in God. Then God guides and teaches us directly in our hearts by his Spirit within, and we will hear his spirit in others.

beloved57

Jesus didn't preach the gospel to only those who were born of God, he preached the gospel to all the hope of saving as many as he could. And he told his disciples to go and preach the gospel to every creature, not only to those who were born of the spirit. So everyone who hears the gospel has a chance to know the living God.

Only those who are born of the God hear the things of the spirit, but those who hear Gods word have a chance to believe and then through faith and by the grace of God they can be born anew, we must be born anew, our old life gone and born again in God. Then God guides and teaches us directly in our hearts by his Spirit within, and we will hear his spirit in others.

Jesus tells us who it is that hears God's words right here Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

marhig

God has already accomplished His Work of Saving His Children from Everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God's Will is immutable. Mal. 3:6

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
Did Jesus preach the gospel because of anything we had done? No he didn't, he preached it because he loved God and God loves the world so he wants as many back as will listen. And if when we hear and we believe then we are to follow him. We are filthy rags, but we should be being cleansed daily by the washing of the word delivered to our hearts by the spirit.

So what do you believe? That only those in your church belong to God?