Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Oh...You aren't the only one with that opinion?

Check the likes on the post I quoted.

You are alone.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

I don't look for "likes" from man. I have no need for the praise of man. I have no need for the witness of man. I have to witness of The Spirit of Truth.

To the praise of the glory of His Grace and amen.

marhig

Yes, you mean love is not God, but God is perfectly loving, and he can empower you or I to love like we could never love on our own. So

God is love = God is loving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, love is God too, seeing as all love comes from him. And yes God is perfectly loving, all true love everywhere comes from him, and he loves everyone. And yes, he can empower us to love more than we ever knew was possible. We could never love those who hate us could we? We would hate them back. But God's love is able to overcome anything. With God all things are possible. Have you read Matthew 5 recently? That's a good chapter to read :)

popsthebuilder

Your use the word church in the context you have chosen also means you haven't got a clue as to the meaning of church. It appears 80 times in scripture and it pleased the Holy Spirit to use it, but you have no idea what is in the Mind of the Spirit when He conveyed this to us. You read the Bible, but there are more blanks on the pages than words.

church church church church church church church church church church over and over again without any comprehension. When I see the word church it opens up the knowledge of what it means and what it meant to those that first heard the word. The word they heard was actually ecclesia and not |"church".
It means congregation of the faithful. That is all any need to know

marhig

You do love Him obviously, but your love is proclaimed to make Elohim a debtor to your emotional love. As I said you might well love Him, but you are not called according to His purpose. You might well declare love towards Him and do so with fervent zeal, but it is zeal without knowledge.

There are a few verses in there, but you won't recognise them.
And again you judge me without knowing my life!

As I said truster, I don't believe anyone who says that we don't have to obey the living God and do his will. And when I say that I do this, you harass me with your favourite saying "works works works" but what you don't seem to be able to realise, is that those who truly love God, do the works of God to please him and to glorify him. God cannot be glorified through us, if we love our lives and flesh before him. We have to become a living sacrifice, a vessel ready to do his will when needed!

Spockrates

I have been saying if you accept Jesus as your Lord and your Savior, pay attention to what He has to tell His followers.

He explains clearly and simply how to love God and love our neighbor as our selves.

He can teach you perfectly, not any of us.

So asking questions to other Christians are not the way to go.

Please be honest to God and Jesus and strive to be true to Them.

blessings.

Yeah, no. You see, I know I should love, but don't always know how to love. Consider my eldest son: He lost his job and moved home, so he wouldn't be homeless. He's an alcoholic and smokes pot, and has used other illegal substances. My wife and I told him he'd have to stop using and see a counselor to stay with us. He refuses to do either. Should we kick him out? Should we let him stay? What's Jesus' way to love him?

Spockrates

Well, love is God too, seeing as all love comes from him. And yes God is perfectly loving, all true love everywhere comes from him, and he loves everyone. And yes, he can empower us to love more than we ever knew was possible. We could never love those who hate us could we? We would hate them back. But God's love is able to overcome anything. With God all things are possible. Have you read Matthew 5 recently? That's a good chapter to read :)

Atheists tell me the same, but put it another way: God isn't real, it's an emotion you feel. What you feel isn't God, it's just a feeling.

Truster

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—, think about such things.

That is addressed to brothers and sisters. You have no part in that.

popsthebuilder

What I was actually doing is following the Mind of Spirit and what He has revealed in the meaning of the words He has used. I was hoping to make the spiritual point idiot proof, but then you came along.
Thanks for edifying your brother by calling him a fool, which we are directly advised against in scripture.

Good job! Keep up the good evil work.

marhig

Atheists tell me the same, but put it another way: God isn't real, it's an emotion you feel. What you feel isn't God, it's just a feeling.

The difference is that the love of God within reaches to everyone, good and bad. We will care for everyone, God is no respecter of persons, and he loves atheists too. He wants them back too

I just have to pop out, I'll be back later :)

Truster

I have been saying if you accept Jesus as your Lord and your Savior, pay attention to what He has to tell His followers.

He explains clearly and simply how to love God and love our neighbor as our selves.

He can teach you perfectly, not any of us.

So asking questions to other Christians are not the way to go.

Please be honest to God and Jesus and strive to be true to Them.

blessings.

Heretic.

popsthebuilder

I don't look for "likes" from man. I have no need for the praise of man. I have no need for the witness of man. I have to witness of The Spirit of Truth.

To the praise of the glory of His Grace and amen.
Stop backpedalling and side stepping.

You said that you weren't alone in your opinion

I said you are.

You quickly change the subject.

Sad attempted deception.

Truster

Stop backpedalling and side stepping.

You said that you weren't alone in your opinion

I said you are.

You quickly change the subject.

Sad attempted deception.

I have this comfort. He who saved me knows my intents, my thoughts, my words and my deeds. He is my confidence and I have no need to conform to or please the way of the world.

Saxon Hammer

OK, my apologies. Please let me respond more briefly and to your point: Are you saying the commandments that Jesus said are the greatest, are also the only commandments I need obey? Or is there something else besides loving God and others that I must say, think or do to make it to heaven?

You want to go to heaven? You feel you need to work for it? You think another has the rules to get? You think you could not already know without those word?

From god you came and to god you go. Love God and all will be well - faith!

Saxon Hammer

That's good marhig.

That's how Job got through, he was a great example of the lusts of the flesh trying to get at him but he did the will of God and got through all that the devil threw at him and he was at peace with himself because he knew that God was with him and the end was good.

He was going through his trials like we all have to do to get that peace, it's an everyday thing an everyday fight but the more we get through the stronger we become in God.

Amen

Saxon Hammer

Thanks

I'm afraid you're getting into some deep waters, here. So before you swim out too far ahead of me, please pause and tread water for a moment, so I can catch my breath! After that you can lead me to the depths of Luke 6.

I asked what the words, "God is love" mean. You see, I think of love as a feeling, or perhaps an action. So when John tells me God is love, I ask him, "Are you saying, John the love I feel is God? Are you saying God is a feeling?"

Well, John's epistle really can't answer my question. Every time I ask, it simply repeats, "God is love" and never explains what John meant.

So I did as you said and asked God what John meant, and He didn't tell me, but He did compel me to do as you recommended and ask His people, which is why I'm asking you.

Let me then be sure I understand you. Are you saying this?

God is love means God is only good.

Or do you think John's words mean something else?

May I answer like this - God is love - you feel love - when your love spreads freely to ALL, that is the added force of God - sort of, in my way, an explanation :)

With God you a have much more love inside so it bursts from you feely and with reckless abandon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.