For Sincere Inquisitors ONLY: MAD Explained

graceandpeace

Nope. I was referring to the wolf "god"rulz. You can reject MAD, speak in tongues, babble like a pig, for all I care. But when you come on this board, and assert, pound the podium, "Those MAD wackos are preaching heresy...I've never heard this doctrine before..." and all that jazz, and assert that there is just one "the gospel,"and assert that the Lord Jesus Christ will not reign on earth, as King, physically, I will continue to mark you for who you are. And MAD proponents know the gospel of Christ better than you ever will, because we recognize "the gospel of the kingdom," and that it is different from the gospel of Christ, and appreciate that we are not now under that program(that program will resume in the future), and recognize the dispensation of the grace of God, and are more appreciative of what we have been given through Paul, our and your apostle..

read john 3:3 and see if Jesus agreed with mad.

jeremysdemo

the church and devout Christians got by for 2000 years without MAD which goes to show it can easily go another 2000 without it with no worries. :D

ALL the great people whom these guys rely on for translation and references over centuries are included in that.....

It's nice tho to see guys like Hill and Enyart come along 2000 years later and act like they have some sort of patent on salvation.....then there is their followers....eek, well you've seen the fruit of that tree....

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

john w

Hall of Fame

Read Mt. 8:4,
" And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them."

and see if you agree with "Jesus." I have 100 or so more. Ready?

Members of the boc are not "born again"-that applies to Israel. See the thread on it.

=all of scripture is written to me, GP, directly, and for my application and obedience. Knock yourself out.

And refer to Him as the Lord Jesus Christ, the risen, ascended, glorified "Lord from heaven," as commanded, not "Jesus" after the flesh. Show some respect to the Saviour.

Contrasts between those who rightly divide the word of truth, and those that refuse. I like 'em.

Is. 61:
1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

vs.

Luke 4:

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20And he closed the book, and........

What happened to "and the day of vengeance of our God?"-He closed the book.

john w

Hall of Fame
kinda discouraging huh?

it is from my perspective too...so do we bite and devour one another, or do we learn to just accept that we cannot agree? I am pondering that thought.

Then why are you here? To discredit those MAD wackos? To teach/preach "the" gospel?" Do you even know what it is? I've asked you, and not a peep from you. And, if that is your motivation, why do need to allegedly point out the errors of our ways, if it has nothing to do with this fuzzy "the" gospel you allegedly preach? You really do not know what the Mid Acts Dispensational approach is, do you? I tried to show you, via email, and you said you would not read it. Why is that? Fess up...release yourself...let go...let it out....cut loose. Are you a dishonest skeptic? Why are you here?

Eggasai

GO AWAY

This thread is for those people to ask questions. And they're absolutely welcome to offer challenges, as well.

ON THE BIBLE
I'll kick it off by stating that MidActs Dispensationalism is an approach to reading and studying the Bible. Those of us who hold to this approach believe that we must read and study the Bible FORWARD, rather than BACKWARD. By this, I mean that we must understand what comes before Exodus before we can understand Exodus. We must understand "Old Testament" prophecy before we can understand Matthew. We must understand those things before we can understand what's going on in Acts. We believe that it is highly dangerous (to a doctrinal position that one formulates) for a person to read BACKWARD, meaning that he/she interprets an epistle, for instance, and then forces the things written previously to mean the same thing. We also believe it is dangerous to evaluate a book, chapter, or verse in and of itself. A verse HAS TO BE read and studied within the context of a book/epistle. That book/epistle HAS TO BE read and studied within the context of the commission of the human author (in the case of the epistles). And a book HAS TO BE read and studied through a biblical theology that first considers prophecy and God's stated plans.

I don't really see what is distinctive about this approach but this is the first I have heard of it. It sounds almost like a blend of Dispensational and Covenant Theology but I don't know.

I'll be checking out the thread but is this a Bible reading plan, a cooperative effort for further reading and research or just a casual exchange among interested parties.

I see nothing I would disagree with, as a matter of fact I'm curious, is there something controversial about MAD?

Pam Baldwin

yep Pam..here it is again, perhaps if we post it over and over they will see it?
The mystery that was hidden was the the gentiles would be made partakers of the same body as Israel..it was made known by the new covenant:

Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Eph 3:8 ¶ Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 3:9 And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

The bible even calls it the "fellowship of the mystery" for this reason..God ONE fellowship, out of jew and greek.

The new covenant was not the mystery that Paul was given. I think that you misunderstood me.

Pam Baldwin

yep Pam..here it is again, perhaps if we post it over and over they will see it?
The mystery that was hidden was the the gentiles would be made partakers of the same body as Israel..it was made known by the new covenant:

The bible even calls it the "fellowship of the mystery" for this reason..God ONE fellowship, out of jew and greek.

The "new covenant" was to the Jew...Israel. Paul's gospel was hidden....not a newer version of an old covenant. In Jeremiah we read the description of the New Covenant.....notice that Israel is still recognized as Israel. In the Body, there IS no Jew or Gentile!

Jer.31: 31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

graceandpeace

Nope. I was referring to the wolf "god"rulz. You can reject MAD, speak in tongues, babble like a pig, for all I care. But when you come on this board, and assert, pound the podium, "Those MAD wackos are preaching heresy...I've never heard this doctrine before..." and all that jazz, and assert that there is just one "the gospel,"and assert that the Lord Jesus Christ will not reign on earth, as King, physically, I will continue to mark you for who you are. And MAD proponents know the gospel of Christ better than you ever will, because we recognize "the gospel of the kingdom," and that it is different from the gospel of Christ, and appreciate that we are not now under that program(that program will resume in the future), and recognize the dispensation of the grace of God, and are more appreciative of what we have been given through Paul, our and your apostle..

first yellow:

Yes, I reject MAD., and, will never accept it, not because I am unteachable as you so like to claim, but because it would go against my conscience of what I know the Lord HIMself has taught me already; funny you make the same claim the baptist church said to me, about being unteachable, just because I reject some of their beliefs too.

second yellow:

I have never said MAD is heresy; what I have said and will continue to say is that as MY OPINION, it is not good exegesis, and I have continually said that those whom hold to MAD know and understand the gospel, so that is all that matters! I am sick of your false accusations. The first time I said anything about MAD, I asked a question...."IS this the next heresy", and, I did not even know what was entailed in it, so you should learn to read comprehensively...and, stop assuming you are without error in any way.

third yellow:

There is ONE gospel that saves, period. If you want to believe that Israel can be grafted in, by, or in and through the law; that is your exegesis, not mine. I will also continue to speak my opinion on it, for I am just as free as you on this board to speak what is on my heart/mind. I have told you over and over that YES; Jesus is going to LITERALLY reign on the earth, I just happen to believe it will be on the new EARTH from the NEW Jerusalem, that we all enter by faith NOW: as written, and that Israel will be grafted into IT: not some other form of a man made imagined kingdom.

graceandpeace

The "new covenant" was to the Jew...Israel. Paul's gospel was hidden....not a newer version of an old covenant. In Jeremiah we read the description of the New Covenant.....notice that Israel is still recognized as Israel. In the Body, there IS no Jew or Gentile!

Jer.31: 31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

No, the new covenant was to the jew FIRST, and then it was to bless all nations, for this is the promise made to Abraham..from the beginning. I do not buy into these other theories.

Without the new covenant being NOW available, none of us would have covering for our sins; forgiveness of sins, etc..for that is what the NEW covenant was to bring; through the shed blood of Jesus Christ; read it again.

It was NOT like the old, in any way; shape or form, and it was based on NEW and BETTER promises.

graceandpeace

Then why are you here? To discredit those MAD wackos? To teach/preach "the" gospel?" Do you even know what it is? I've asked you, and not a peep from you. And, if that is your motivation, why do need to allegedly point out the errors of our ways, if it has nothing to do with this fuzzy "the" gospel you allegedly preach? You really do not know what the Mid Acts Dispensational approach is, do you? I tried to show you, via email, and you said you would not read it. Why is that? Fess up...release yourself...let go...let it out....cut loose. Are you a dishonest skeptic? Why are you here?

I am here the same reason you are, most likely..to speak the truth as I know it.

My discouragement has to do with the area of why are we continuing to argue, when it doesnt appear we can change anyone's mind..so then, I go back to the same thought I had from the beginning, perhaps, someone whom is not ROOTED in this mad stuff, will seek and find the true answers..from God's word and not be persuaded to fall for such bad exegesis.

(not saying you are not saved, because I know you understand grace)

jeremysdemo

I am sick of your false accusations.

why should that matter, according people here that is the law and it is abrogated (although bearing false witness is more than just in the law)....

You should be sicked by it however, as with any sin it is disgusting and shameful.

and you say he understands grace? Romans 6:1-2 according to Paul grace does not lead people to make a career out of breaking God's commandments (not talking about that law that is a separate entity always was)

It comes down to pride and fear, when they are shown to be less than educated or one of their thoughts or interpretations to be incorrect it goes straight for accusation and ah hominem to try and discredit the messenger instead of acknowledging the error or even looking at what is said to see if there is any truth in it.
People can read and see that childish behavior for what it is , so they aren't fooling anyone else., a terrible testimony IMHO.

You have a lot of "lost" people coming here and reading this example and walking away saying, "if that is what 'saved' is I'm doing better without it".....Philippians 4:5

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

graceandpeace

Breaking this up, to shorten the post.....

John W:

Read Mt. 8:4,
" And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them."

What does that have to do with Math 3:3?

NOTHING.

In this verse, Jesus is telling a man that is YET Under the law to do as the law states. Tell me, John, can you show me a verse where Jesus told a believer in HIM to do as the law states?

NO; so do not try to push this as truth for a believer....Jesus taught in the same fashion as HE always has..those whom are under the law as under the law, those whom are not under the law, as not under the law; same as Paul...same as in the OT, where from the beginning, God said, "I place before you, life and death; blessing and cursing, so therefore choose LIFE"..those that did, He did not put under the curse, silly.......

Do you understand why even Paul speaks to the carnal as YET CARNAL?

Same significance.

and see if you agree with "Jesus." I have 100 or so more. Ready?

Members of the boc are not "born again"-that applies to Israel. See the thread on it.

I do not have to see a thread to know this is a lie. Jesus taught and so did Paul that you must be born again...what is being born again, according to the word of God, John? It is putting OFF the old man; and putting on the NEW; being born of the spirit of God, and being hidden in Christ. Would you like to look at some verses that prove this, or are you going to continue to speak a phrase without one verse to back it up....I do not have time to go searching for answers through various threads..one verse will do. I can post a 100 that show what being born again is...so, are you ready for it, or do you want to just ignore the scriptures? It is your choice.

John W:
=all of scripture is written to me, GP, directly, and for my application and obedience. Knock yourself out.

All scripture is a benefit, in the understanding of God's true righteousness; not all applies to me; for I am not under the law, and only that which is spoken of by Jesus as NOT under the law applies to me..and to christians. You probably don't even know what He said to those whom believe...because you throw it all out, probably before you rightly divide His words.

And refer to Him as the Lord Jesus Christ, the risen, ascended, glorified "Lord from heaven," as commanded, not "Jesus" after the flesh. Show some respect to the Saviour.

I can quote that verse too, and I believe it; that of itself does not mean that Jesus didnt speak to us, as those not under the law; why do you think He spoke in parables and told us it was not for them whom could NOT see; but for us, whom could? You certainly need to go back and read HIS words in the light He spoke to believers....and, stop rejecting Him in part.

Contrasts between those who rightly divide the word of truth, and those that refuse. I like 'em.

Is. 61:
1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

fulfilled, as concerning Jesus being born into the world:

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 1:68 Blessed [be] the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy [promised] to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Luk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

John proclaimed this message, to open the way to salvation; to the jew first, as written!

Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,

Luk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

and, furthermore:

Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore [him] fourfold.

Luk 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

(by faith; not law)

which Jesus Himself proclaimed throughout the land to the jews whom would believe:

Jhn 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Do you see the NOW IS?

Jhn 4:24 God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Jhn 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Jhn 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am [he].

So, you see...Jesus Himself, proclaimed the message of salvation to those whom WOULD believe, and those whom wanted to stay under the law, He said, "do as you will"

You should reread the gospels with your eyes open, instead of shut.

graceandpeace

Out of respect for the chickenman, let's not debate in this one single thread.

:e4e:

I am not debating, I am answering false accusations. If that is not allowed in this thread, tell the false accuser to stop with his accusations.

However, out of respect for the chickenman, I will take his remarks and copy/paste them to the other thread from now on.